• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Teen accidentally sends text to the sheriff to buy pot

Manic

User title? USER TITLE?!
Reaction score
Helena, Mont. (AP) --

General rule of thumb: when looking to buy marijuana, don't text the sheriff. Authorities said a Helena teen hit a wrong number and inadvertently sent a message to Lewis and Clark County Sheriff Leo Dutton, saying "Hey Dawg, do you have a $20 I can buy right now?"

A detective pretending to be the dealer organized a meeting at a time when the boy knew he and another teen would be at a particular store.

The detective spotted two teenage boys and one of the boy's fathers — who was unaware of what was going on — at the store. He called the phone number three times to make sure he had the right person. Dutton said when the detective showed the teens his badge, one of the boys fainted.

No citations were issued after the parents of the boys, who were 15 and 16, got involved.

Source: SFGate

So he just scared the kids? Lame. They should have had a guy go in pretending to be the dealer, then the cops bust in on them and pretend to beat the dealer.

I once called my friend drunk looking to make a purchase. As soon as he answered the phone I shouted "I NEED SOME DANK!" He sounded really confused then I realized it wasn't my friend, it was my older brother of the same name. He did not approve.

There's a reason they call it DOPE.

Ha! This reminds me of the time a few years ago, when an ex of mine accidentally texted my mother to ask me if i wanted to buy some coke...

Not the most pleasant of evenings.

One day you'll be able to text the police for weed and they'll simply direct your call to the nearest legal weed dispensary.

I SO thought of Arrested Development here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"