Teen Titans Go!

Made its production budget back in one weekend so looks like this will be profitable for the studio.

It was a fun movie much like The Lego Batman Movie.

Also that one cameo in particular had me laughing.

It was very silly and knew exactly what it was. The upbeat song with Michael Bolton was the best.

It was very silly and knew exactly what it was. The upbeat song with Michael Bolton was the best.

It's so funny! Deadpool 2 got Celine Dion, Teen Titans got Michael Bolton! Awesome!

Seeing this later today, should be fun

It's so funny! Deadpool 2 got Celine Dion, Teen Titans got Michael Bolton! Awesome!

The punchline to that scene was a little too Family Guy but I admit I laughed

It was a fun movie in all honesty, I never really cared for TTGo but I enjoyed the movie just fine.
I just hope that that thing about a Teen Titans Season 6 isn't just a tease but actually real, I'd kill for that!
Also, just in case you guys never knew, there almost was a Titans show before the 2003 one, and it was going to be worked on by Bruce Timm and the people behind the DCAU! Check it out here

I was skeptical of this, and the only reason that I went was my daughter. I was pleasantly surprised. This managed to be funny and irreverent without delving into the absurd and brainless areas that Lego Batdouche did. That's what I was expecting, but this managed to poke fun at the golden age of comic book adaptations while remaining respectful to DC's history.

How's it done at the box office?

Cool, guess it goes to show that great reviews don’t account for much though.

Yeah - It's an odd time we live in when reviews don't actually dictate how well a movie does or doesn't do, or even how good a movie is. I do wonder if companies are going to start looking at new ways of reviewing movies.

Making profit depends entirely upon the P&A budget WB allotted for TTGTM. I guess WB focused on marketing this mainly on Cartoon Network & Adult Swim. Both of which are part of WarnerMedia/Time Warner Inc. since I can't see them trying to hit the adult demographic by airing ads on other network tv or pay tv channels that are more geared towards adults. That means WB probably didn't hafta burn a lot of money to promote TTGTM. That'll come in handy when break point is counted.

This was distributed by Warner Bros. Animation. They make the DTV/VOD DC animated stuff.

This would probably be doing a bit better if it was from Warner Animation Group which is WB's premier animation studio.

Plus, I think the Flash animation used in TTGTM isn't all that appealing or attractive to the kids or the casual moviegoers. It looks cheap next to the big 3D animations. Incredibles 2 & Hotel Transylvaniya 3 are playing in theaters and kids with families are getting their animation fix there.

Last edited:
I saw this today. It's pretty great. The final line made me laugh harder than anything in a long time. :hehe:

Making profit depends entirely upon the P&A budget WB allotted for TTGTM. I guess WB focused on marketing this mainly on Cartoon Network & Adult Swim. Both of which are part of WarnerMedia/Time Warner Inc. since I can't see them trying to hit the adult demographic by airing ads on other network tv or pay tv channels that are more geared towards adults. That means WB probably didn't hafta burn a lot of money to promote TTGTM. That'll come in handy when break point is counted.

This was distributed by Warner Bros. Animation. They make the DTV/VOD DC animated stuff.

This would probably be doing a bit better if it was from Warner Animation Group which is WB's premier animation studio.

Plus, I think the Flash animation used in TTGTM isn't all that appealing or attractive to the kids or the casual moviegoers. It looks cheap next to the big 3D animations. Incredibles 2 & Hotel Transylvaniya 3 are playing in theaters and kids with families are getting their animation fix there.

This movie has made a profit. It's global gross is $30M on a $10M budget. I highly doubt the advertising budget was much since there weren't any commercials for it on any of the big networks, nor was there a global press tour.

I finally watched this movie and I liked it a lot. I would say this was on par with Lego Batman in terms of enjoyment.

I actually dozed off while I was watching it yesterday at night and I was not really feeling it. The musical numbers were cool but the one liners & the sight gags weren't doing it for me. But I re-started from where I left off yesterday and nao I love it.

The songs are clearly the MVP in here. They are used really well throughout the movie. Raven, Starfire, Beast Boy, Cyborg & Deathstroke are great in the movie as well.

Last edited:
Not what I was hoping for, but cool.

I'm still pulling for a season 6.

Late to the party but this was hilarious. As a movie it doesn’t function too well but as a series of gags and meta commentary on Warner Bros, DC and superhero cinema it is pure gold.

8/10

Last edited:
Late to the party but this was hilarious. As a movie it doesn’t function too well but as a series of gags and meta commentary on Warner Bros, DC and Sueprhero cinema it is pure gold.

8/10

agree!, This one and Batman Lego were pure joy, these 2 films are the ones i put to my niece and i laugh with her, she loved both and i had a good time tbh, now im really hype about both sequels, totally worth it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"