• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Teleprompter vs Bush-isms?

Humor is only held for Palin and Bush......didn't you know....lol

the_more_you_know2.jpg

To all the people who can't handle Obama being poked fun at (while you probably had no problem with eight years of making fun of Bush), I say this:

We're here.
We'll jeer.
Get used to it.

:o

OMG, that is classic....lmao...

I would say it isn't that big of a deal. Mostly on account that Obama comes off very charismatic and able to speak very well with it.

Notice anytime that he doesn't have a planned speech or teleprompter, you'll see that he stutters a lot and just comes off horrible and makes you wonder why the hell people give him props for his skills when they look utterly non-existent.

I would rather see Obama speak well than shake my head every time he doesn't use a teleprompter.

But as Carcharodon said, Bush invented entirely new words. Which was awesome.

Say what you want about his politics, but Mike Huckabee was a great speaker. Every time he opened his mouth I was amazed at how well spoken he was and warm and friendley with his words too. Teleprompter free, no less.

The teleprompter just reinforces what I already think about Mr. Obama.

Bush? Do we neve need to cover that ground. :hehe:

Last edited:
I haven't met many men more charismatic than Mike Huckabee. I was at a Bush event in 2004 where Huckabee was the speaker and I came out incredibly impressed.

As much as I love to laugh, I'll the take guy who's interested in making sense. Which is something Obama can still manage to do without notes, his Q+A's after the speeches attest to this. Sure, it may take him a year to get through a sentence...

I totally disagree with this....

I have watched every news conference the man has made, and they are all the same......he has his basic talking points for each issue, and all he does is answer questions with those....and sometimes they don't answer the question, it was simply about the topic that the question hit.

You learn nothing that you didn't already know from his Q&A's....that is why with each one, the number of Americans watching drops drastically.

He gives a 20 to 25 minute speech before a news conference? and then answers MAYBE 13 questions, with the same talking points that he used in his campaign, even thought in most instances the facts of the issue have changed since then.

I find that extremely irritating, and I'm very disappointed in that....

Say what you want about his politics, but Mike Huckabee was a great speaker. Every time he opened his mouth I was amazed at how well spoken he was and warm and friendley with his words too. Teleprompter free, no less.

The teleprompter just reinforces what I already think about Mr. Obama.

Bush? Do we neve need to cover that ground. :hehe:

Every time Mike Huckabee opened his mouth, I became more thankful that I see a dentist every six months.

I seriously doubt ANY President or major politicaian has doen without one since it was invented. Attempting to single out Obama's use of it seems to be an act of political smear desperation. That's all you got? A Teleprompter??????

Five years ago people stumbled over themselves to get out of the way and sight of an approaching Republican big wig.

How they've fallen.

I can't hear you up there. Once again, people entirely missed the purpose of this thread because they have their blinders on. Read the first post, k thanks bai.

I seriously doubt ANY President or major politicaian has doen without one since it was invented. Attempting to single out Obama's use of it seems to be an act of political smear desperation. That's all you got? A Teleprompter??????

Five years ago people stumbled over themselves to get out of the way and sight of an approaching Republican big wig.

How they've fallen.

Um, we are just poking fun, as the um title kind of eludes to.......yes we've gotten serious at times, but the "real reason" for the thread was just for fun. As far as Obama, I think the seriousness came from talking about the meat of what he was saying, not the fact that he's reading off of a teleprompter....

I poked fun at Bush more in the first post and title:dry: Oh well, haters gonna hate.

I poked fun at Bush more in the first post and title:dry: Oh well, haters gonna hate.

I'm not Probama, but I am fairly certain that Prompter or not, he is far more intelligent than Bush ever was.

I don't think anybody will argue that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"