The Treatment of a President

The treatment President Bush has received from this country is nothing less than a disgrace.
the treatment that America has received from "President" Bush is nothing less than a disgrace. what goes around comes around!

You know, maybe our enemies are marveling at the fact we can criticize our leader. You sure couldnt do that in Iran, Afghanistan or North Korea.

So frankly, the treatment of poor, poor Dubya should be a point of pride for Americans.:yay:

EDIT: And yes, if Obama or Clinton were somehow to screw all of us over as badly as Dubya has, I would want them to get the exact same treatment.

Wasn't that one of the primary reasons this this republic was formed? The ability to criticise both our leaders and the system when we think it's wrong? That is one of the reasons I think this country is great. If we can't do that, and we engage in blind acceptance of everything our government does, that is the first step towards the loss of freedom we all cherish. The "love it or leave it " attitude has no place in America anymore.
And, even though I have high hopes for him, I also will jump all over Obama's case the first time screws up.

I have to chuckle at this thread's title... the "Treatment of a President"... it's funny because there's now a sewage treatment plant named after him...

How in hell is it a "disgrace" to criticize a sitting president? Why, in a democratic society founded with a distaste for strong executive power, should we show the kind of respect that Shapiro is suggesting to a president, especially one as incompetent as Bush?

Americans have a right to call the president whatever they wish. Demanding compulsive respect for a leading executive is a step towards tyranny.

I'm guessing this guy doesn't think Bush has been a terrible terrible president.

Bush's treatment of America has been FAR FAR worse.

It's a disgrace to criticize a sitting Republican president. Democrats are fair game, though, considering they are godless liberals. Never mind all the utter policy failures and the lame duck tenacity of Bush's president... he did a fine job, because, well, he was the president! We have to support him!

It's kind of flattering to have a sewage treatment named after you. That's a pretty thankless job.

It's a disgrace to criticize a sitting Republican president. Democrats are fair game, though, considering they are godless liberals.

makes me wonder what this author thought of them dumping a butt load of money in order to investigate Bill Clinton's sexual escapades. surely failure to protect American lives, failure to win a war, and failure to maintain the economy is a more legit reason to criticize a president than failure to resist receiving oral pleasure.

It's a disgrace to criticize a sitting Republican president. Democrats are fair game, though, considering they are godless liberals. Never mind all the utter policy failures and the lame duck tenacity of Bush's president... he did a fine job, because, well, he was the president! We have to support him!

QFST
Quoted for Sarcastic Truth

The presidency of Bush has been a disgrace. HE deserves every inch of criticism he gets. History will easily view of as one of the very worst presidents this country has ever had.

When Clinton was the president, GOP has had no qualms about attacking him (and even his daughter Chelsea) during those 8 years. And W Bush has done far worse job than Clinton ever did, on top of the fact that he often spoke like an idiot. I don't see why W isn't a fair game for attacks, in fact he deserves it.

It's a disgrace to criticize a sitting Republican president. Democrats are fair game, though, considering they are godless liberals.

Just like it's a disgrace for a media outlet to have a conservative bias but one with a liberal bias is perfectly acceptable :whatever:

I highly doubt history will be kind to Bush.

George W Bush will be remembered if only because his presidency led to the rise of the first black president. It will eb a footnote but at leats he might get to see a thumbnail photo of himself in books on american history.

I am all for criticising a president...
But some things in my mind just go overboard....

I dont care what president. I was never that derogatory of clinton...but frankly, he was not to bad....bush is much worse...but still...there is a line I would never cross.

Ya'know this reminds me of a time in political science class when I called out Bush and a Bushie responded "You must not disrespect the office of the President", to which I responded "I didn't disrespect the office, Bush did".

Ya'know this reminds me of a time in political science class when I called out Bush and a Bushie responded "You must not disrespect the office of the President", to which I responded "I didn't disrespect the office, Bush did".

Oh, how clever! :whatever:

If you think Bush disrespected the office, I'd hate to hear what you think of the presidents who, believe it or not, are far worse than Bush.

If you think Bush disrespected the office, I'd hate to hear what you think of the presidents who, believe it or not, are far worse than Bush.
You mean like Buchanan and Pierce (two monumental f*** ups)? Yes, they also disrespected the office.

Yes, there were bad presidents in the past, but that fact doesn't eliminate the truth that Bush is a terrible president in his own right.

...and Bush still disrespected the office, and the American people.

Yes, there were bad presidents in the past, but that fact doesn't eliminate the truth that Bush is a terrible president in his own right.

You can say that about every low-ranked President.

You can say that about every low-ranked President.

That's right, you can. You can find fault with just about every President, but Bush's faults far outweigh his positives.

James Buchanan, Franklin Pierce, Warren G. Harding, Andrew Johnson, Herbert Hoover and Ulysses S. Grant were monumental disasters. And in my expert opinion, Bush isn't too far behind them in terms of his inability to lead, his inability to govern effectively, and all the disasters we will face once he leaves office. To an extent, Bush is a mixture of Buchanan (who started the Civil War when he very well could have avoided it), Hoover (who helped instigate the Great Depression), and Grant (who had the most corrupt administration ever to serve in the executive branch). However, he does not outrank them in terms of their own miserable failures, which were historical in their own context.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"