Temporary Skies

dolfan55aj

Amen to that
Reaction score
Temporary Skies is an ameture film that I'm currently producing, and I'd just like to show you what's going on with it and try to get some feedback.

Brief Synopsis:

Temporary Skies is a action/drama about the final year of Jack Skies' life. It show how through a few key mistakes, Jack Skies goes from living a normal, average life, to running for his life from an unknown tormentor.

I know this is very brief, but we're still writing the script, and It's kind of a mystery film a bit, and it's hard to explain the movie in detail without giving away the main question or mystery of the film.

To try to get our ideas out and to help learn our filming styles we've made a quick Teaser Trailer. If you could, please watch and let me know what you think.

If this doesn't work try this:

Thanks.

It's good for a teaser. The dialogue at the beginning did seem a little cliche'd, but it worked in context. You had some great shots in there (the cemetery shot with the sun comes to mind), and the trailer doesn't give away much of the plot (aside from the opening monologue, which had to be there, in context). If I had to rate it, I'd give it a solid B.

What did you use to edit it, btw?

Thanks, yea the dialouge may be a bit cheezy, but the movie isn't. Actually the trailer and the synopsis I have on here really doesn't do it justice. It's a lot deeper and more involved that it shows.

As for my editing, I use Pinnacle Studio Plus 11, which isn't amazing, but I'm only in high school and don't even have a job so it'll do.

I'd love to see the finished product when it's...finished...:huh: :up:

And I wasn't knocking the software, btw. The editing was pretty good, especially on a High School budget. My friend is an aspiring film maker, and he's been looking for a good editing software.

I finally got the youtube embeded player to work...enjoy, and any creative critisizim would be greatly appreciated.

Really liked the music... it matched with the picture perfectly... The preview has a film noir feel, which seems intentional... I'm a sucker for those as well...

Shooting some of that stuff at night time is really bold... Either it will work for you because it'll add mood to the picture, or people will complain they can't see what's going on... the movie feels like it should only take place at night time though... but that's obviously difficult...

all in all, you're working well with what you have, things can only get better!

Thanks alot. Glad you liked it.

Yea we actually worked on a film noir movie for a while that never quite happened, but it's kind of become part of our shooting style. The old film effect is kind of a throw back to that old movie. I doubt the actual film is going to be shot with that effect however.

Nighttime shooting is a must, we will probably do alot of the movie at night, but I think most outdoor scenes will be during lighter hours, so we should be ok. The movie will probably grow darker as it progresses, to show the main character's slow decline.

I wish I could say more about the story, but the script is being tweaked now, and I don't want to give anything too big away, the film is really all hinged on one fact that totally gives away the end.

**UPDATE**

Alright, I know there hasn't been alot of interest in my film Temporary Skies, and that's probably because the lack of story available, but this is kind of an update on how the story is going and where it's headed, not to mention there's a trailer still out that you should definetley watch.

PICS

GrabbedFrame1.jpg

patcemewalk.jpg

Patrailer.jpg

STORY:

Jack Skies is an average middle aged man, working at an upper level law firm, and in his opinion, in the prime of his life. At the start of the story Jack leaves his sister's wedding for a buisness trip, and while away his father passes. Returning to deal with the legal ramifications, Jack is disgusted on people's interest in only his fathers wealth. He moves on, and later is handed an important case, that is nearly impossible to win, but Jack accepts the challenge. Well in a turn of events Jack wins the case, creating a great buzz about him, and creating some enemies along the way. It is the opposing lawyer that is truly loathing Jack, and goes as far as to hire a hit on Jack. Jack must now flee or fight, and when in this position he meets an old friend, Jerold. Jerold has been living in the local cemetary by his wife's grave and Jack saves him from suicide, Jerold also talks Jack into standing up against his killer. Jack does, however, after much conflict and mental torment, Jack snaps, and runs. While on the run Jack sees his killer face to face, and tries to escape, but it is fruitless, and Jack is killed. The story continues, we see the killer, the nearly empty funeral, and Jerold, standing over Jack's grave, which is right beside his deciesed wife. Jack Skies is dead. Why? Who knows. But with Jack, all decency dies.

It's not completely done, but this is kind of a newer summary, let me know what you think. We're still working out the kinks, and the mystery of the story is the killer, so I can't let you know who that is yet, sorry. Anyway check out the trailer, and let me know what you think, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"