FX's The Americans

Not Pastor Tim but a holy man ends up being their downfall.

The intense level was on par with the season 1 finale where they almost caught them and Stan shot Elizabeth.

In the preview it looks like the gig is officially up and they're running.... without Henry?

And think Stan let's them go. Can't wait.

Didn't they say in the preview they were going to get Paige then go to New Hampshire (where Henry schools?)

God I hope Stan doesn't just let them go. It'd seem like something he'd do, just being over it all, but somehow it wouldn't be very satisfying.

I guess inevitably if there's a confrontation someone's gotta die, nobody's going to give - and that'd suck. But I do want something like that conversation in the garage between Walt & Hank in Breaking Bad. Just...****'s all out in the open, "where do we go from here?" kind of thing.

I recall the writers saying that there will be a ''going to hell'' moment in the final, I cant help but think Henry who is the only innocent one on this show is going to somehow get caught in the crossfire and end up dying

Didn't they say in the preview they were going to get Paige then go to New Hampshire (where Henry schools?)

You're right.

Stan with a simple phone call to the New Hampshire FBI office will beat them to it. Which probably leads to a trade proposal which leads to that scene in the preview where Paige ask if "he" can be trusted.

My only issue with the last episode was the use of Tatiana for the second assassination attempt. I feel like it would've been some other random spy.

Tatiana did tell Oleg that she was kinda demoted because of what he did. Makes sense that she'd be out in the field now, rather than behind a desk to make up for what happened. Still a terrible and shocking way to go out though. Really tragic.

I don't know if I could handle a 'going to hell' confrontation between Stan and the Jennings. I might actually burst into tears or something.

They've created a really great dynamic where much as you're rooting for the Jennings, you're totally in Stan's corner here as well.

You don't want the Phillip & Elizabeth caught/imprisoned or killed, but at this point I'd pretty much hate either of them for wasting Stan too, even as part of the job and saving their own family.

My only issue with the last episode was the use of Tatiana for the second assassination attempt. I feel like it would've been some other random spy.

Yeah I was surprised she was Elizabeth's replacement for such a high risk mission. You'd think Claudia would have gone with another unknown sleeper.

This is getting intense. How many more eps?

I can see Elizabeth all for killing Stan, and Philip kiling Elizabeth to save Stan...

That was some real ''Tom Cruise running'' by Philip last night.

Hahahaha! I was thinking the same thing!

This is getting intense. How many more eps?

I can see Elizabeth all for killing Stan, and Philip kiling Elizabeth to save Stan...

Hahahaha! I was thinking the same thing!

Final episode coming up this week

I didn't even realize it was Tatiana until I read a recap. I always saw her as more of a behind the scenes/management kind of a agent (like Claudia) so I didn't even consider the possibility that it'll be her. How bonkers would it have been instead if the wig came off and it was revealed to be Renee? But I'm still guessing there's more to her coming at the finale.

I didn't realize Matthew already spoiled the ending! :wow: (I love how amused Keri is)

tumblr_owwpgv1EKI1rxobr1o1_540.gif

tumblr_owwpgv1EKI1rxobr1o5_540.gif

tumblr_owwpgv1EKI1rxobr1o4_540.gif

tumblr_owwpgv1EKI1rxobr1o7_540.gif

tumblr_owwpgv1EKI1rxobr1o8_540.gif

tumblr_owwpgv1EKI1rxobr1o6_540.gif

tumblr_owwpgv1EKI1rxobr1o3_540.gif

If the spy turned out to be Renee, I would've laughed so hard.

Matthew Rhys' idea of the ending is great.

I would love to see Matthew Rhys take on some comedic roles in the future.

Final episode coming up this week

:up:

If the spy turned out to be Renee, I would've laughed so hard.
Seems so weird that they cast a relatively known actress (from TWD) in such a low key role. Or maybe that was the intent; to make us think she's a somebody, when she's really who she says she is...

Seems to be the intent, yeah. The rumors/speculation of her being KGB have been going around since she first showed up.

And they do tend to film the close-ups in a way that gives that impression too, really niced it with the Thanksgiving dinner scene when Stan's all speechifying on the Cold War. Lingering on Renee a little more than you'd think they would, seemed more than just the supportive wife thing.

Probably intentional misleading from the writers.

EDIT: Haha, and I doubt The Walking Dead is most people's reference point for Laurie Holden, she's been around in stuff forever. Cool actor.

I still identify her most as her character in The X-Files. :hehe:

If she doesn’t turn out to be an agent then that would be this show’s funniest troll job ever.

Potential spoilers regarding Renee

So it appears Renee drives the same make and model vehicle which gets pulled over in the S6 trailer

season 6 trailer (00.48 mark)

Well...just lost signal due to a storm. Guess Ill be watching this tomorrow

Well, that was depressing. Satisfying, but depressing. This show was fantastic.

I’m a basket case of emotions. I selfishly wanted more seasons but it ended really well. This show is so good and deserves all the praises in the world. Emmys for everyone!

And yes, it’s both depressing and satisfying. I wish we got closure on some things but I also like the feeling of leaving it to the audience to imagine what happened. Like
Renee’s final shot and Oleg’s sad fate.

Fantastic finale. Wonderfully understated, yet powerful nonetheless. There's only one plot point that this show needed to resolve in its finale, and it did so with such grace. Everything else is secondary to our characters, and the showrunners let them (and Bono) do all of the lifting here.

I wouldn't say I'm a basketcase, nor depressed. I feel overwhelmed, but also relieved.

Au revoir The Americans. There will be nothing else like you.

Man, the lowkey tense moments really got to me. A good ending to the show.

Here's a bunch of of reviews and interviews...

'The Americans' finale brings FX drama to tense, satisfying close

‘The Americans’ Series Finale: FX’s Cold War Drama Ends More Nyet Than Glasnost

The Americans Finale Debrief: The EPs on Philip and Elizabeth's Decision, Stan's Fate and That Final Montage

The Americans series finale: Noah Emmerich reflects on Stan's decision, promises [ SPOILER] will be okay

Identity And The End Of 'The Americans'

Was Renee a Russian Spy on The Americans?

The Americans Series-Finale Recap: With or Without You

‘The Americans’ Comes To A Heartbreaking And Unexpected End

The Americans seeks a new “START” in a tremendous series finale

Review: The beautiful, bold 'Americans' bows out with bittersweet finale

‘The Americans’ finale answered a lot of questions

Breaking Down the ‘Reel’ CIA of ‘The Americans’ With Real-Life Former Agents

‘The Americans’ Bosses on Pivotal Series Finale Scene As Exploration of ‘Six Seasons’ Worth of a Real Relationship’

The End of ‘The Americans’: Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys on the ‘Devastating’ Finale

‘The Americans’ Creators Explain (And Don’t Explain) The Show’s Emotional Finale

‘The Americans’ Stars and Showrunners Break Down That Epic Series Finale

The Blistering Vulnerability of The Americans Finale’s Best Scene

The Tragedy of Henry Jennings in The Americans Series Finale

The 10 Best Musical Moments in The Americans

An Oral History of The Americans Series Finale

What Happens Now To The Spies Next Door?: ‘The Americans’ EPs On Mindblowing Series Finale

Why ‘With or Without You’ Was the Perfect Song Choice for The Americans Finale

Where Will Paige Jennings Be in 10 Years? Holly Taylor Has a Theory

Costa Ronin Is Just As Surprised As Everyone Else That Oleg Is Still Alive on The Americans

Every Episode of The Americans, Ranked

The Finale of “The Americans” Was Elegant, Potent, and Unforgettable

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"