Terminator: Dark Fate

You've watched it already. It's called Terminator 3!
T3 was gloomy? :o

terminator-star-glasses.gif

23b81ce28c3a450463b02ad27f373d9e.gif

Sidebar, but whatever became of Nick Stahl? T3 had its faults, but I remember liking him as John.

Salvation was a ripoff of T2. Another chase film with a new Terminator hero. This time he's trying to save Reese. The Future War background was just window dressing and they couldn't even get that right.

A future war is a great idea, but the execution is so lacking in Salvation. What was so visually dazzling in the flash forwards for T1 and T2 became so lacklustre.

There’s kind of a reason McG is regulated to Netflix movies now lol

The made the T-600, the first infiltration unit built by Skynet, a hyper intelligent super computer, 9 feet tall.

That said it all for me even before seeing the movie.

Salvation was a ripoff of T2. Another chase film with a new Terminator hero. This time he's trying to save Reese. The Future War background was just window dressing and they couldn't even get that right.
That same thing can be said about literally all the sequels post-T2.

Honestly, Dark Fate was the best Terminator we got post-T2 and the audience just couldn’t be bothered with it. Even if another one conceptually succeeds where the past few have failed… I just don’t think anyone cares anymore.

Unless Cameron directs it himself and we all know that **** isn’t going to happen.

To me Dark Fate has the same problem as Genesys in that the timeline is convoluted and confusing as ****. Is it a legacy sequel? Is it a reboot? It tries to be BOTH of these things, by meshing them into one movie without altering or changing them to be one coherent story. Instead we got a mess.

I think Dark Fate was a good movie objectively speaking of you take it on its own and I liked a new AI being the main threat. I think it would have interesting if Skynet sided with humanity against this new AI so it did introduce some good news ideas for me.

But in in hindsight and even in Cameron's own words Hamilton should have been the sole link to the previous movies.

Personally, I think it’s the worst out of all the Terminator sequels.

Emilia Clarke and Jai Courtney are so incredibly miscast, it sinks the entire film. Jai Courtney especially is awful as Kyle Reese.

I agree and I don't. Miscast? Certainly. Jai Courtney is spectacularly awful as Reese. But for me, Genisys starts out as a sort of fun, expensive fan film (the future war, time machine stuff was nice to see) and just gets worse and worse in an oddly entertaining manner.

I dislike Salvation much more because it is bad in a much more miserably boring way. 'Dumb but taking itself seriously' is grating I guess.

Sidebar, but whatever became of Nick Stahl? T3 had its faults, but I remember liking him as John.

Last I saw he had a small part in one of the Walking Dead shows. Still working, but on low-key projects mostly. I'd welcome him back as Connor personally. Time and his life experiences have only made him more suitable for a grizzled survivor. Claire Danes too while we're at it. Wouldn't be popular though.

Last edited:
I don't get much enjoyment from any of the films post T2, asides from Salvation - which, although it had many flaws, also had some interesting bits and I liked most of the casting in that film. They also tried to do something different rather than just bring Arnie back again as one of the main cast.

I agree and I don't. Miscast? Certainly. Jai Courtney is spectacularly awful as Reese. But for me, Genisys starts out as a sort of fun, expensive fan film (the future war, time machine stuff was nice to see) and just gets worse and worse in an oddly entertaining manner.

I dislike Salvation much more because it is bad in a much more miserably boring way. 'Dumb but taking itself seriously' is grating I guess.

Last I saw he had a small part in one of the Walking Dead shows. Still working, but on low-key projects mostly. I'd welcome him back as Connor personally. Time and his life experiences have only made him more suitable for a grizzled survivor. Claire Danes too while we're at it. Wouldn't be popular though.

I think Salvation is the worst of the sequels also. They finally make a future movie and couldn't even get the T-600 right. It was all so dull and drab.

T3 is probably the best sequel for me, so I would have Stahl and Danes back in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"