Terminator: Salvation - Part 3

You need a director that understands the films are as much about humanity as they are about action, and the guy who did Fast and Furious is not that guy.

Bringing my expectations down substantially, I just hope it's as far removed from Salvation as possible, and actually looks like the future Cameron created.

T5 and T6 should focus on Reese's story as a soldier in the war effort.

Wonder if they'll bring back Anton Yelchin or whatever his name is from Terminator Salvation as kyle reese.

Wonder if they'll bring back Anton Yelchin or whatever his name is from Terminator Salvation as kyle reese.

Yelchin was one of the best things about Salvation. I'd like to see him back.

There's no way either of those guys will want to helm the sequel to terminator salvation following the great mcg.

The franchise is tainted i can't see it attracting any high talent. The only reason its been given a second life is arnold's decision to come back.

And Megan Ellison owning the rights.

Holy crap, I totally forgot Terminator: Salvation existed until this thread got bumped :wow:

Damn shame as I was pretty hyped when this came out.

Salvation was head and shoulders above T-3.

Still, even some movies today don't hold a candle to Terminator 2.

You need a director that understands the films are as much about humanity as they are about action, and the guy who did Fast and Furious is not that guy.

Bringing my expectations down substantially, I just hope it's as far removed from Salvation as possible, and actually looks like the future Cameron created.

As long as Mostow isn't directing. I will be happy lol

Count me as another who liked Salvation much better than T3. It wasn't perfect but I enjoyed it for what it was, showing the Future War in it's early years and the genesis of the T-800s. It'd be sweet if in T5 it exploded the origins of the T-1000 and the laser-based weaponry was also employed, as seen in the opening scene of T2.

I must be one of the few who rates T3 above TS, at least T3 didnt mess up a lot of the lore established about the future from the first 2 movies, TS messed up a lot with that. T-600's that are 9 feet tall? They were meant to be infiltration units only discovered through their rubber skin, the ones in TS would be spotted a mile off trying to infiltrate a human stronghold.

It was a prototype, they were meant to show that they're starting to experiment with skin over the exoskeleton

At least TS didn't make John Connor a fickle little p***y.

It was a prototype, they were meant to show that they're starting to experiment with skin over the exoskeleton

How could they be prototypes when there were lots of them? Doubt they would put them in the field if they were all prototypes.

Kyle clearly stated in T1 that they spotted the T-600's because they had rubber skin, THATS why Skynet then made the T-800.

At least TS didn't make John Connor a fickle little p***y.

True, but that was the writing more than Stahl.

I wasn't talking about Stahl, I love that actor. The writing was like a parody of T2. I'm thinking if technology moves further and digital head replacement becomes casual, I want Leslie Nielsen's head to replace that of Arnold's. Then T3 will be genius. Until then, I'll take the missed opportunity that TS was over T3.

I'd love to see Arnie play an aged war veretan who they modelled the terminator after, that would be epic. I hope they can get a good director on board

Not sure if its considered cannon but in a deleted scene in T3 it actually shows a scientist in the military played by Arnold which is who the Terminator is supposed to be modeled after.

Not sure if its considered cannon but in a deleted scene in T3 it actually shows a scientist in the military played by Arnold which is who the Terminator is supposed to be modeled after.

That was in present time though. And also didn't make sense as the T-800's had many different skins.

Would the aged war veteran work anymore, now that there already was an existing Arnold terminator in salvation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"