The Force Awakens TFA Out On Blu-Ray April 5th, 2016

Really disappointed they pulled this, but oh well.

Is there anything you can do if you don't have a 3D TV for the audio commentary?

I don't tend to buy thing I already have again in less there are new special features but even then I don't want to spend to much and I don't have a 3d tv. Is the comiantray only going to be on the 3d disk? Or is it going to be on the 2d disk? What about the other new stuff? Why no news about the movie in 4k?

I'm holding out for a complete set with all 9 movies, with a theatrical cut for the first three. Sometime in 2030.

I don't tend to buy thing I already have again in less there are new special features but even then I don't want to spend to much and I don't have a 3d tv. Is the comiantray only going to be on the 3d disk? Or is it going to be on the 2d disk? What about the other new stuff? Why no news about the movie in 4k?

The commentary will be on the 2D disc.

I don't have a 3D TV (and I already own it on Blu-ray), but the cover for this is simply stunning. Hope the deleted scenes leak as I really want to see them.

I am wondering how many editions the new episodes will have by the time IX hits Blu-Ray?

That was confirmed?

No audio commentary on any blu-ray has ever been exclusive to a 3D disc. It's always on the 2D disc. They leave special features off 3D discs because the 3D film takes up a lot of data space and because special features aren't shot or produced in 3D.

Amazon has it up for preorder now:

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Episode-VII-The-Force-Awakens-3D-Blu-ray/dp/B01JURU6WU?SubscriptionId=AKIAIY4YSQJMFDJATNBA&tag=bluray-032-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01JURU6WU&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

The price will fluctuate between now and the release date, but if you preorder it and the price drops between now and release your preorder price will automatically change to the lower price and if the price goes up you'll be locked into the lower price.

Higher res pic of the packaging:

force-awakens-3d-3-sm-1024x576.jpg

The U.S. release includes a DVD copy of the film. The UK release does not

Last edited:
I love that cover. Reminds me of this:

Star+Wars+-+Return+Of+The+Jedi+(1983)+Style+A+by+Tim+Reamer.jpg

Yep, it invokes the original Star Wars poster, just like that RotJ poster. Love it.

I feel so happy i didnt buy the previous version, cause there's no way i was going to double dip for TFA. I held off on it after seeing the lame bonus features, so this works for me, yay! :yay:

Actually all of it's Bonus Features were incredible, not as many as I would have liked but superb documentaries. This has more for sure. But I'm sure we will get more editions we will all buy in the future.

Is there anything you can do if you don't have a 3D TV for the audio commentary?

Don't know why you're so disappointed. Should've known it was coming. You didn't have to buy the previous release. You could've waited.

The audio commentary and special features will be on the 2d discs.

No audio commentary on any blu-ray has ever been exclusive to a 3D disc. It's always on the 2D disc. They leave special features off 3D discs because a 3D film takes up a lot of data space and because special features aren't shot or produced in 3D.

So no need to worry. Youll be able to enjoy all the special features with a 2D tv.

Can't wait! Been waiting a very long time for this! Feels like Christmas is coming early just hearing wait for it is almost over.

Actually all of it's Bonus Features were incredible, not as many as I would have liked but superb documentaries. This has more for sure. But I'm sure we will get more editions we will all buy in the future.
They didnt feel like much to me, to be honest. I was hoping for more in depth stuff, and yeah, longer documentaries lol. I'm just buying this version, so if they release a third one with more stuff, i honestly doubt i'll get it. I have the vhs se of the ot, the dvd for the pt and ot and the blu ray boxset. I dont cave in as easily to buying multiple versions, surprisingly enough lol

Contents & Run-Times Of The Force Awakens Collector's Release Bonus Content Revealed.

00:00:13:16 DELETED SCENE – LEIA & THE RESISTANCE

00:00:45:12 DELETED SCENE – UNKAR PLUTT AT MAZ’S CASTLE

00:00:54:18 DELETED SCENE TUNNEL STANDOFF

02:12:22:22 STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS (FEATURE WITH AUDIO COMMENTARY)

00:03:50:22 FOLEY – A SONIC TALE (FEATURETTE)

00:06:55:16 SOUNDS OF THE RESISTANCE (FEATURETTE)

00:06:09:15 DRESSING THE GALAXY (FEATURETTE)

00:11:14:11 THE SCAVENGER & THE STORMTROOPER – A CONVERSATION WITH DAISY RIDLEY AND JOHN BOYEGA

00:07:55:16 INSIDE THE ARMORY (FEATURETTE)

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/film-music-tv/articles/contents-run-times-force-awakens-3d-release-bonus-content-revealed/

:mrk:

A part of the scene was uploaded to EW. http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/18/star-wars-force-awakens-deleted-scene-unkar-plutt-chewbacca?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

And a clip of the audio commentary can be heard here: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=20070

Inside the Armory is the feature I am most excited to see.

Some interesting comments from JJ Abrams' commentary track that I've found online:

-Kylo Ren has never met Rey before TFA but has heard of her.

-Han and Leia had never met Rey before the movie.

-There's an unreleased deleted scene that features Hux dragging an injured Kylo Ren before Snoke before the movie ends.

Some interesting comments from JJ Abrams' commentary track that I've found online:

-Kylo Ren has never met Rey before TFA but has heard of her.

-Han and Leia had never met Rey before the movie.

-There's an unreleased deleted scene that features Hux dragging an injured Kylo Ren before Snoke before the movie ends.

that's interesting. but it doesn't totally disprove the "Rey is Luke's daughter" theory. It's entirely possible Luke had a daughter that none of the Solos ( Han, Leia, and Ben/Kylo ) were aware of.

it could also still be misdirection on the part of Abrams.

of course, it's also entirely possible that Rey isn't a Skywalker after all and she really is some new unrelated character.

so, who knows. guess we'll have to wait till next year. :(

Last edited:
Hell, Luke could have a daughter that even he isn't aware of. He wouldn't be the first man to have a child and not know about it. That could create quite the reveal if both Luke and Rey find out at the same time that they are father and daughter. It could be a powerful poignant moment.

It's still possible, but because of this and some other things I'm moving away from Rey being Luke's. It's becoming more likely to me that her parents are not noteworthy, and if they are they're people we haven't seen yet.

The fact that Ren has heard of her tells me her parents were people of some significance.

It's still possible, but because of this and some other things I'm moving away from Rey being Luke's. It's becoming more likely to me that her parents are not noteworthy, and if they are they're people we haven't seen yet.
What other things? Notice he never mentions Luke not knowing her? I have been following this closely, and nothing points away from Luke being her father.

They didn't hide Rey's lineage, made a big deal about it, because she isn't of the Skywalker blood. They have also went out of their way to hide Luke's activities during these years, and one of his followers was on the same planet as Rey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"