That annoying pr**k in your class....

I had a guy like that in my International Relations class. He had the most annoying voice, he had man boobs, and he tried to sound like a know it all but all his facts were usually wrong or made no sense and he would often say that Al Gore has no friends and go after Manbearpig.
Yeahbuwhat:huh:

Yep, I remember Captain Obvious, he particularly hated me for being better in English than him and asked stupid questions everyone knew the answers to all the time (many teachers liked him for that, though).

Actually I'm black as well and I can totally understand that statement. There are a lot of obnoxious people of color out there and that together with the youth, man, the crap that flies out of their mouths. :o

Black women, yes. Not so much black men. :o

I hate people who make it seem like they are asking a question, but really they answer it in the process of asking.
Basically just so the class can pause and ponder how smart they are for enriching the topic at hand?
*****e-bags.

Although I do personally take part in the lectures more then 90% of the people in my classes, and I have the courtesy not to engage in this during the last 15 minutes of class.

Everytime "that guy" was in a class of mine, it was an older person continuing their education.

I think that this is the result of insecurity. They are surrounded by a bunch of twenty somethings and feel they need to prove themselves to be more insightful.
But all the power to them for not giving up on education.

It's a shame you have to deal with that. There are always dumb people who want to look smart,or that annoying black person who talks loud. So i hear.

Bit of an overgeneralization don't you think? Maybe the ones your mentioning do so because they don't often get a chance to be heard by a room full of whites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"