That Magical Movie Moment

Mr.Webs

Something Witty Here
Reaction score
In the world of film, there are iconic scenes and shots that grab you and never leave you. What scene, in your view, is the epitome of 'Movie Magic'?

For me, at least one of them, is the introduction of the AT-AT Walkers on Hoth in Empire Strikes Back, and the ensuing battle. Pure greatness.:up:

When Westley tells Buttercup that Death can't stop true love, only delay it for a little while.

Elliot putting the comforter around E.T., the first night in his bedroom.

You have to say the title, or I'll have no idea what movie your talking about. :(

When the camera panned on Minas Tirith for the first time.

That's just one thing I can think of right now. :p

Mr.Webs said:
You have to say the title, or I'll have no idea what movie your talking about. :(

Please don't tell me you don't know what movies those scenes were from. :(

The genie's first musical number in Aladdin. Dare I say it was magical?

I know all of them except for Dew's.:(

Yeah...I know that NOW!:( :mad:

The "Tiny Dancer" singalong in Almost Famous.

The late Steve Reeves (RIP Steve :(, 1926-2000) throwing his chains around the building pillars and tearing the building down in Hercules.

Superman throwing General Zod into the neon Coke sign in Superman II.

Harrison Ford battling the late Pat Roach (RIP Pat :() on the rock crusher in Temple of Doom.

Harrison Ford fighting the aforementioned late Pat Roach by the Nazi plane in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Charlton Heston parting the Red Sea in The Ten Commandments.

Charlton Heston observing the forging of the Ten Commandments in The Ten Commandments.

Charlton Heston smashing the 10 Commandments in The Ten Commandments.

JoBeth Williams being caught naked by Dustin Hoffman's son in the hallway in Kramer VS. Kramer.

Lana Wood wearing nothing but transparent pink panties in Diamonds Are Forever.

Catherine Zeta-Jones being exposed by Zorro in The Mask of Zorro.

Salma Hayek's beautiful nude form on display in Desperado.

Julia Roberts caught nude and wet by the boyscouts in I Love Trouble.

Arnold Schwarzenegger's "I'll be back." from The Terminator.

Tony's death and the ensuing speech at the end of West Side Story.

Batman standing vigil before the Bat-Signal to the beat of Danny Elfman's heroic score at the end of 1989's Batman.

Burt Lancaster realizing he's screwed himself at the end of Sweet Smell of Success.

Max Von Sydow challenges Death/Grim Reaper to a game of chess in The Seventh Seal.

The climax of the original Star Wars.

The father revelation at the end of The Empire Strikes Back.

Darth Vader saves Luke from the Emperor at the end of Return of the Jedi.

Commander Will Decker fuses with V'Ger at the end of Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

Kirk's "KHAN!" scream in Wrath of Khan.

Death and send off of Spock in Wrath of Khan.

Spock reborn in Search for Spock.

Unveiling the new Enterprise at the end of The Voyage Home.

Cary Grant being chased by the crop duster in Noth By Northwest.

Virtually all vertigo shots of James Stewart in Vertigo.

The Psycho shower scene.

Dew k. Mosi said:
When Westley tells Buttercup that Death can't stop true love, only delay it for a little while.
One of my most favorite movies ever.:up:

The sudden realization that Bruce Willis was dead in The Sixth Sense.
I went in refusing to read spoilers on it and it really too me off guard.

The scene in Jurrassic Park in which they arrive on the island and drive through the gates, culminating in seeing the sauropods. Everyone turns around and stares, the music swells, and the camera turns to the dinosaur. My favorite moment in film.

"HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S JOOOOOOOOOOOOHNYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!"

A classical movie moment.

The first scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark. :up:

The ending of One Flew... is pure magic.

Luke losing a hand in esb was absolutely unexpected for me. It tore away at my soul to see him in such pain.

another moment was when he was hiding under the stairs refusing to face his father in battle. The lighting on his face couldn't have been accidental.

I loved ET's bike ride by the moon. LEt me just say the ride in orlando sucks if you're over five years old. you've been warned.

Bruce Willis wrapping that fire hose around his waist and jumping off the roof of Nokatomi Building, just before it explodes. Die Hard

Rocketeer when he stands on that building with the american flag on a pole behind him. I thought that was magical.

Even though I knew the story of apollo thirteen going into the movie, I still got a little anxious to see them survive. I don't even know why... but it was magical.

Superman's scream that shook the earth from Superman 1.

The flying bike in front of the moon from ET
The Lighting of the Torches and the first pan of Minus Tirrith in LOTR springs to mind too..

and more of a whole sequence than one scene but in Back to the Future, Marty escaping Biff on that makeshift Skateboard, has always been one of my fave movie moments.

The ending of "Planet of the Apes", when we learn that the planet was Earth in the future all along.

"DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!"

thealiasman2000 said:
The ending of "Planet of the Apes", when we learn that the planet was Earth in the future all along.

"DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!"
Yeah, that was good.

magic moments

kurt russell saving the black kid in backdraft

the last minute 30 seconds of back to the future when doc tells marty about not needing the road space cutting back to the car flying off

and last but finally not least, the statue of liberty beginning to walk after hearing higher and higher in ghostbusters two.

these three scenes encapsulate what hollywood is today

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"