That Magical Movie Moment

True, but it was magical because of the way the stor was told and because of the great directing.

thealiasman2000 said:
Well, that was more useful than magical.

It's useful because it transmits a very true message: DRUGS ARE FOR LOSERS.

It doesn't matter if it's pot, cocaine or crack, drugs will rot your brain and turn into a wasted shell.

Never, EVER do drugs.

The_More_You_Know.jpg

I'm rather fond of Wonder Boys, and I love the last scene, where Michael Douglas tells Toby Maguire's character to "Take a bow" and suddenly you have the whole school cheering and clapping for this kid no one really cared for--even though he turned out to be a fantastic writer. (The whole movie reminds me of The Catcher in the Rye a bit.)

I have to say I dig Bruce Campbell as Ash in the Evil Dead movies. I think my favorite clip, is in Evil Dead II, just after he's cut off his hand. All the quick shots of him in the workshed fixing a chainsaw to his wrist--it's just artistic horror movie perfection.

And I adore when Jack Nicholson plays Jack Torrence in The Shining. The whole "Heeere's Johnny!" scene is quality.

And I'm rather fond of The Sixth Sense, when Malcolm is in Cole's house, and is questioning him. The way Cole takes a step forward for every correct guess Malcolm makes, and you think he's got everything figured out. And then, all of a sudden, Malcolm starts guessing wrong, and you can see Cole start to step back, as the camera pulls away. I admire good writing more than anything, and I liked this scene for that.

Recently, I've become addicted to V for Vendetta. And therefore, I love it when V is being shot at from all around, and he kills everyone, and marches up to the last guy. And the guy, he says, "Why-won't-you-DIE!" And V says: "Because I am an idea. And you cannot kill an idea."

And of course I have to throw in Michael Keaton as BeetleJuice. When Lydia asks him who he is, and Beej replies: "I'm the ghost with the most, babe." BeetleJuice is my most favorite movie of all time. Call it a guilty pleasure, if you must.

Dr. Fate said:
Superman throwing General Zod into the neon Coke sign in Superman II

I'm going to one up you there and say the entire Metropolis Battle between Superman and General Zod, Non and Ursa from start to finish.

Obi-Ron said:

You do know this was actually Harrison Ford's idea. The originally scripted breakdown of this scene was a swordfight between Indy and the other guy. But arrison came down with an illness and sugested he just shoot the guy with his gun. I daresay it makes the scene more memorable.

Spider-man 1 - Zooming in on Pete's face and then out on a swinging Spider-man. Something I had been waiting years to see.

Star Trek II- The Enterprise rising up behind the Reliant in the Nebula. Spock and Kirk's back to back after Spock dies. That whole scene is just amazing.

Star Trek IV - Rising up over the Excelsior to see a newly renamed starship...NCC-1701-A.

LOTR Fellowship - Hearing Boramir's horn in the distance, Aragorn and Legolas start running towards him. The camera pans overhead from where they are to where Boramir is...I love that scene.

SW ROTJ - Luke finally jumping out of the shadows towards his final battle with Vader. Vader looking back and forth at Luke and the Emperor and making his final choice.

Matrix - Neo walking into the "agent" building and the whole sequence that follows.

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - With all three of them standing around the cemetery at the end in that final shootout.

Transformers - The Autobot assault where Prime plows through a few guys, runs over one of the insectagons, and jumps into the air, transforms, and proceeds to kick ass.

When George Mcfly punches biff.

When Marty starts the delorean with his forehead.

Godzilla2000 said:
I'm going to one up you there and say the entire Metropolis Battle between Superman and General Zod, Non and Ursa from start to finish.

god... i tried watching this the other day on HBOfamily, and it really doesn't hold up today at all... it's so badly done (that particular fight, not the movie itself)

The Matrix - He IS the one

The Brotherhood of War - When Jin Tae crushes that guys head with a rock, he just keeps hitting and hitting and hitting, and the guys head comes apart like a melon, a thing of beauty and a joy forever

Back to the Future - when the DeLorean comes through the screen and leaves the words To Be Continued

Shawshank Redemption - Andy rasing his arms when he comes through the tunnel

Old Boy - when the Odaisu is in the foreground of the shot and the guy with the poodle goes through the roof of the car

The Graduate- Ben and Elaine run from the church, get on the bus, the Simon and Garfunkel plays

Matrix Reloaded - freeway chase

Matrix Revolutions - WHAT DO YOU WANT? peace

Aliens - Sigourney throws on some forklift couture, get away from her you *****!

Q&A - when Nolte is talking to Hutton, I got nothing to worry about from you right? Not if your clean. Just the looks on their faces and the music swelling. Screw you, you drunk Mother Night nazi, Turk 182 is taking you DOWN!

The Boondock Saints - the ending with the McManus family prayer and Billy Connelly joining in on the execution

Pulp Fiction - Ezekial 25:17

Platoon - Sgt. Elias' death, Rah raising his arms in victory and Charlie Sheen smiles at him from the helicopter

Star Wars - Luke destroys the Death Star

Quiz Show - when Mira Sorvino goes nuclear on Rob Morrow- you are twice the man Van Doren is! You are the Uncle Tom of the Jews! I was like damn! Smack that guy onto the right track!

FOTR - Aragorn decapitates Lurtz

ROTK - Sam faces down Shelob, the battle of Pellenor fields

Excalibur - any man who would be a knight, and follow a king...follow me

Bill and Ted - history class presentation

For me, I love the magic of a few scenes in Shawshank.

1) The scene when the prisoners are on top off the roof in Shawshank after the tar job...

"And that's how it came to pass that on the second-to-last day of the job, the convict crew that tarred the plate factory roof in the spring of forty-nine wound up sitting in a row at ten o'clock in the morning drinking icy cold, Bohemia-style beer, courtesy of the hardest screw that ever walked a turn at Shawshank State Prison."

"We sat and drank with the sun on our shoulders and felt like free men. Hell, we could have been tarring the roof of one of our own houses. We were the lords of all creation. As for Andy - he spent that break hunkered in the shade, a strange little smile on his face, watching us drink his beer."

I get chills just thinking about that moment in the movie.

2) When Andy locks himself in the room to play the music over the loud speakers and every convict in the prison looks up to sky - pure magic

"I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don't want to know. Some things are best left unsaid. I'd like to think they were singing about something so beautiful, it can't be expressed in words, and makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you, those voices soared higher and farther than anybody in a gray place dares to dream. It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage and made those walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man in Shawshank felt free."

what about that final moment in primal fear when ed norton's character reveals to richard gere that he doesn't have dual personalities... evil!

I think we pretty much named all the great moments in movie history, so we can stop now.

supergrl01 said:
what about that final moment in primal fear when ed norton's character reveals to richard gere that he doesn't have dual personalities... evil!

damnit that was a good scene.

the art of acting at it's finest.

I'm just going to list great scenes that could only been made possible on film.

- The Sixth Sense: the revelation fo Malcolm's fate.

- The Usual Suspects: the ending where we are too quickly convinced that everything that we have just seen is a lie.

- Citizen Kane: Susan Alexander's opening night. The camera pans up, soaring high into the rafters, building up so much expectation for her performance, and then settling on two guys on the catwalk. One of them holds his nose, immediately destroying the hope we had for it. There are just so many scenes in this movie that make you believe that anything is possible on film.

- The Shawshank Redemption: Andy plays Mozart over the speakers

- Phildelphia: Another opera scene. Andrew talks about his favorite aria.

- 2001: A Space Odyssey: The star child

- Lawrence of Arabia: "Nothing is written"

- Apocalypse Now: Kurtz's death

- Edward Scissorhands: Edward's ice sculptures

- Return of the King: the lighting of the beacons

- Three Kings: bullet biology

- Raging Bull: the last fight with Sugar Ray: "You never floored me."

- Taxi Driver: the part right after the climatic shootout, Travis' gun fingers

- Metropolis: The duplicate Maria's nightclub dance. Sickening and beautiful all at once

- The Shining: blood gets off at the bottom floor

- Blade Runner: the L.A. landscape is forever breathtaking

- Gladiator: Maximus' death.

C.F. Kane said:
I'm just going to list great scenes that could only been made possible on film.

- The Sixth Sense: the revelation fo Malcolm's fate.

- The Usual Suspects: the ending where we are too quickly convinced that everything that we have just seen is a lie.

- Citizen Kane: Susan Alexander's opening night. The camera pans up, soaring high into the rafters, building up so much expectation for her performance, and then settling on two guys on the catwalk. One of them holds his nose, immediately destroying the hope we had for it. There are just so many scenes in this movie that make you believe that anything is possible on film.

- The Shawshank Redemption: Andy plays Mozart over the speakers

- Phildelphia: Another opera scene. Andrew talks about his favorite aria.

- 2001: A Space Odyssey: The star child

- Lawrence of Arabia: "Nothing is written"

- Apocalypse Now: Kurtz's death

- Edward Scissorhands: Edward's ice sculptures

- Return of the King: the lighting of the beacons

- Three Kings: bullet biology

- Raging Bull: the last fight with Sugar Ray: "You never floored me."

- Taxi Driver: the part right after the climatic shootout, Travis' gun fingers

- Metropolis: The duplicate Maria's nightclub dance. Sickening and beautiful all at once

- The Shining: blood gets off at the bottom floor

- Blade Runner: the L.A. landscape is forever breathtaking

- Gladiator: Maximus' death.

wow now that's a list. took me forever to come up with even three

I forgot a complete classic

Thomas Crown affair the remake, how Crown gets everyone to dress up like him and enter the museum and while confusing everyone sets off the fire alarm, causing the sprinklers to go off revealing the stolen painting was returned the day after it was stolen. Biggest owning on Cinematic history surely cementing the fact that Men are better than Women.

the thomas crown affair is one of my favourite movies - ever. brilliant. the bowler hat scene definitely makes the list.

War of the Worlds: When the son of Tom Cruise runs up the hill, an explosion is heard and we see all these flames and then at the end of the movie he had survived!

Now that was a magical movie moment!

Tom Hanks was in "War of the Worlds"? Man, I must have missed that one.

"Aliens are just like a box of chocolates: they may seem hard and crusty on the outside, but they are soft and mu8shy on the inside".

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"