The “Settle It in the Negative Zone” Thread

gerbstat

Civilian
Reaction score
This thread is for anybody who feels a need to respond to a post, comment or challenge in a thread without disturbing the original thread. In this way, you can respond to real, imagined or purely paranoid slights without rending the heart from someone whose entire reason for being is to maintain their thread in a tidy fashion.

Consider it a “virtual green room” for cooling off. For example:

Comments about the number of Jessica or Chris photos in a thread?
Been unfairly maligned?
Called out on poor grammar or phonetic spelling?
Want to set the record straight on something?

Well, just “Settle it in The Negative Zone!”​

I suggest the following rules:

1. Obviously, Board rules apply
2. All posts here must result from posts or debates originating in another FF thread.
3. For relevancy, all posts here must contain any ONE of the following:
a. The words “Fantastic Four”​
b. A comicbook illustration of at least one member or opponent of the Fantastic Four;​
c. A photo of at least one cast member of the Fantastic Four movie(s) IN COSTUME, or;​
d. A representation (literal or abstract) of the numeral 4.​

Extra credit will be given for imaginative approaches to fulfilling Rule #3.

And finally, if you’re in a thread and see red, don’t spoil the thread.
Just quote the “challenger” and respond with the innocuous phrase:

“Meetcha in da’ Negative Zone”.

Then come to this thread and take it up with them here!

It’s a win-win proposition for everyone and a giant step toward peace in our lifetime.

Edit: No need to contribute.

TripleF said:
Heh, its funny you chose pictures and spelling as your examples to use. Hmmmmm. I wonder what Freud would do with those choices?

I believe you are reading something into this that is not there.
And Freud would say nothing. He's dead.
Now Dr. Phil on the other hand...

i dunno if this is the right place for this but

CARP MAN SAID BRUCE WAYNE HAS NO PERSONALITY AS OPPOSED TO THING SO I WISH TO CHALLENGE HIM ON IT!!!

:D

gerbstat said:
I believe you are reading something into this that is not there.
And Freud would say nothing. He's dead.
Now Dr. Phil on the other hand...

Nah, Phil is all about "in your face" psychology. Freud is all about "what lies beneath", and yes he would not speak, that is why in my post it was one of wondering.

And maybe I am, but the "process of inferring" is much more interesting, and in the long run much more accurate I have found. :yay:

Now, folks - we are forgetting the rules!

The post must be RELEVANT to the FF as per the thread rules above, or it will just be spamming!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Above - an abstract representation of the numeral 4.

J Alba's Lover said:
Come on F i'm waiting.:woot:

I'm assuming you are speaking to me? "F", not sure. When I'm sure I'll answer, but I'm not sure if you are posting to me, or what the question is.

Uh, F4. Is that following the rules?

TripleF said:
I'm assuming you are speaking to me? "F", not sure. When I'm sure I'll answer.

yes you

it happen in a FF thread. so im guessing it is.:yay:

TripleF said:
I'm assuming you are speaking to me? "F", not sure. When I'm sure I'll answer.

4 sure!

You do know i have what's in my sig as something that's suppose to be funny. Not to be taken serious. It's a spoof kinda. I got the idea from watching a episod of married of Children with Al and hois Church of No MA'AM

And don't pretend to know me cause you don't. you think you know me cause of a few posts well you don't.

J Alba's Lover said:
You do know i have what's in my sig as something that's suppose to be funny. Not to be taken serious. It's a spoof kinda. I got the idea from watching a episod of married of Children with Al and hois Church of No MA'AM

And don't pretend to know me cause you don't. you think you know me cause of a few posts well you don't.

I've found people don't always get the spoofs or that something is intended to be funny. As a result, things are misunderstood. This has happened to me more than once.

But don't worry. These are generally misunderstandings due to the limitations of this communications medium, not becuase the poster is inherently "bad".

So just ignore it and keep having fun.

I vote this thread of the year.

Right Bizzarro?

Bizzarro: GOODBYE!

He's saying hello.

gerbstat said:
This thread is for anybody who feels a need to respond to a post, comment or challenge in a thread without disturbing the original thread. In this way, you can respond to real, imagined or purely paranoid slights without rending the heart from someone whose entire reason for being is to maintain their thread in a tidy fashion.

Consider it a “virtual green room” for cooling off. For example:

Comments about the number of Jessica or Chris photos in a thread?
Been unfairly maligned?
Called out on poor grammar or phonetic spelling?
Want to set the record straight on something?

Well, just “Settle it in The Negative Zone!”​

I suggest the following rules:

1. Obviously, Board rules apply
2. All posts here must result from posts or debates originating in another FF thread.
3. For relevancy, all posts here must contain any ONE of the following:
a. The words “Fantastic Four”​
b. A comicbook illustration of at least one member or opponent of the Fantastic Four;​
c. A photo of at least one cast member of the Fantastic Four movie(s) IN COSTUME, or;​
d. A representation (literal or abstract) of the numeral 4.​

Extra credit will be given for imaginative approaches to fulfilling Rule #3.

And finally, if you’re in a thread and see red, don’t spoil the thread.
Just quote the “challenger” and respond with the innocuous phrase:

“Meetcha in da’ Negative Zone”.

Then come to this thread and take it up with them here!

It’s a win-win proposition for everyone and a giant step toward peace in our lifetime.

Lol, best idea EVER!

there's no blood spilling this thread failed to serve a purpose :o

:D :p

gambitfire said:
there's no blood spilling this thread failed to serve a purpose :o

:D :p

Well, the learning curve might be a bit steep for this, but with proper promotion it could be entertaining and clean up the other threads.

Re: And have no intention of doing so, I can assure you. Incidentally, whatever 'we' have posted regarding Doug, it is, in general, to do with his career and his casting as SS - and the fact that 'we' know Doug and what a nice guy he is. And even then 'we' have tried to keep it to a minimum. 'We' haven't discussed his dress sense or whether he likes cats or not. It isn't pertinent, and to be quite honest, none of our business. So less of the '****ing' comments, if you don't mind.

HM

Let me begin by saying I enjoy Hellmistress's posts. She is articulate, witty, insightful and most delightfully, "Scottish" (or is it "Scotch"?). The following are only my observations:

MY use of the word "****ing" related to the fact that there are at least four threads related to Doug Jones here, all actively promoting his role as Silver Surfer.

Secondly, the appearance of posts from Doug Jones official "webmistress" in this forum, possibly aided and abetted by Shadowcat, might easily be perceived and interpreted as professionally and commercially motivated promotion of a client (Doug), rather than a fan's discussion of an anticipated superhero movie. I find nothing wrong with this, but I chose the word "****ing" to describe such promotion, much the same way as I refer to Stan (The Man) Lee as a "huckster" of Marvel.

In both cases, I believe these terms are acceptable colloquial descriptions of the activities being carried out. No personal offense is intended.

And finally, given the variety of threads started here, I can see no reason why an inquiry about THE principal actress' seemingly conflicted stance on the feline species is not a valid line of inquiry. It is certainly as valid as "Happy Birthday, Chikie"...

gerbstat said:
Re: And have no intention of doing so, I can assure you. Incidentally, whatever 'we' have posted regarding Doug, it is, in general, to do with his career and his casting as SS - and the fact that 'we' know Doug and what a nice guy he is. And even then 'we' have tried to keep it to a minimum. 'We' haven't discussed his dress sense or whether he likes cats or not. It isn't pertinent, and to be quite honest, none of our business. So less of the '****ing' comments, if you don't mind.

HM

Let me begin by saying I enjoy Hellmistress's posts. She is articulate, witty, insightful and most delightfully, "Scottish" (or is it "Scotch"?). The following are only my observations:

MY use of the word "****ing" related to the fact that there are at least four threads related to Doug Jones here, all actively promoting his role as Silver Surfer.

Secondly, the appearance of posts from Doug Jones official "webmistress" in this forum, possibly aided and abetted by Shadowcat, might easily be perceived and interpreted as professionally and commercially motivated promotion of a client (Doug), rather than a fan's discussion of an anticipated superhero movie. I find nothing wrong with this, but I chose the word "****ing" to describe such promotion, much the same way as I refer to Stan (The Man) Lee as a "huckster" of Marvel.

In both cases, I believe these terms are acceptable colloquial descriptions of the activities being carried out. No personal offense is intended.

And finally, given the variety of threads started here, I can see no reason why an inquiry about THE principal actress' seemingly conflicted stance on the feline species is not a valid line of inquiry. It is certainly as valid as "Happy Birthday, Chikie"...

Scotch????????????????????? Wash your mouth out!! 'Scotch' is a drink - I am Scottish. Deary me. Disgraceful!!!

Now then, let's address the situation as stated above. I didn't begin ANY of the threads pertaining to Doug. I just join in, answer questions and put right one or two misunderstandings if I can. And as for Dougie being a client ... :D:D:D!!!! I wish!!! It's a long story as to how Doug and I became associated, and I won't bore you with it here, but I can assure you, I'm FIRMLY in the 'fan' category. He's a great guy and a good mate, and I'm tickled to bits he's in the film.

And as for Shadowcat??? She's her own cat, believe me, and a keen Dougie supporter who will defend him most forcefully. We have an ancient saying in Scotland - 'Touch not the cat without a glove.' With Shadowcat I would upgrade that to cattle prod.:woot:

I just have a problem with the word '****ing,' but gladly accept that no offense was intended.

HM

Hellmistress said:
Scotch????????????????????? Wash your mouth out!! 'Scotch' is a drink - I am Scottish. Deary me. Disgraceful!!!

Now then, let's address the situation as stated above. I didn't begin ANY of the threads pertaining to Doug. I just join in, answer questions and put right one or two misunderstandings if I can. And as for Dougie being a client ... :D:D:D!!!! I wish!!! It's a long story as to how Doug and I became associated, and I won't bore you with it here, but I can assure you, I'm FIRMLY in the 'fan' category. He's a great guy and a good mate, and I'm tickled to bits he's in the film.

And as for Shadowcat??? She's her own cat, believe me, and a keen Dougie supporter who will defend him most forcefully. We have an ancient saying in Scotland - 'Touch not the cat without a glove.' With Shadowcat I would upgrade that to cattle prod.:woot:

I just have a problem with the word '****ing,' but gladly accept that no offense was intended.

HM

I humbly apologize for my incorrect use of the word "Scotch". I was 98% sure that "Scotch" was not a synonym for "Scottish", but you have confirmed this for me. This error may be due to the fact that I have never acquired a taste for Scotch, being a confirmed bourbon drinker when I do (on the rare occasion) indulge. There is something about the peat smoke essence that disturbs me...I don't know why. Perhaps something in a past life.

I am also deleting my reference to the W word, as it obviously does not apply in this case. I was thinking of the Madison Avenue Advertising crowd, much to my embarrassment and chagrin.

gerbstat said:
I humbly apologize for my incorrect use of the word "Scotch". I was 98% sure that "Scotch" was not a synonym for "Scottish", but you have confirmed this for me. This error may be due to the fact that I have never acquired a taste for Scotch, being a confirmed bourbon drinker when I do (on the rare occasion) indulge. There is something about the peat smoke essence that disturbs me...I don't know why. Perhaps something in a past life.

I am also deleting my reference to the W word, as it obviously does not apply in this case. I was thinking of the Madison Avenue Advertising crowd, much to my embarrassment and chagrin.

Hmmm ... mayhap you're drinking the wrong Scotch. I don't drink at all, so I can't really vouch for it, but I think you might have been sampling an Island malt such as Laphroig. That is definitely peaty on the palate, although very smooth. My husband (who is a bourbon man too, and from Boston Mass. to boot) reckons there is nothing better than a glass of Glenmorangie or the little-known Glendronach. These are from here in the North-East (we are surrounded by distilleries here) and are regarded as the doyen of whiskies. And just a wee note for those interested - whisky comes from Scotland - whiskey comes from Ireland, and you drink it neat or on the rocks. Adding coca cola to malt whisky is barbaric and a cardinal sin. ;)

HM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"