Comics The amazing Spider-Girl #10

Carnage 707

Civilian
Reaction score
Now, I have never bought or read an issue of Spider-Girl in my life, but I knew this issue was gonna have Carnage in it, so I got it as soon as I saw it at my shop.

For having never read an issue, I was able to slip into the universe quite easily, and aside from not knowing who a few of the newer characters were, I recognized all of the classic ones and what had happened to them. (Love that Pete and MJ's son is named Ben, and that Kaine is present)

Now for the story:

In the previous issue, Spider-Girl botched the attempted stealing of a Bio-Weapon capsule by SHIELD, and the Carnage symbiote escaped and bonds to an unseen host. The host seems to know May, and that she is Spider-Girl.

May tries to get info from a SHIELD agent about the capusle and why they want it, but they won't tell. Meanwhile Carnage slaughters some high school kids while the host tries to fight the symbiote's influence. May gets her first look at Carnage when he crashes into her hangout spot. They fight, and the host fights the symbiote, so Carnage retreats.

During the fight Carnage mentions that the symbiote was split up into different peices, and in another sequence the President discusses with a Shield agent they wanted to use the pieces of the symbiote as a weapon or to find a cure for cancer. So needless to say, there are other pieces of the symbiote out there.

May meets up with Caine and Dark Devil where she is informed of who Carnage is, and what he can do, and goes out looking for Carnage. While she and MJ are at her school (MJ may get a job as a school counselor), Carnage goes to Peter's house and Peter tries to escape with Ben. When they return home, May and MJ find the house trashed, and a message written on the wall in blood that says: HELP ME

I really enjoyed the issue and even though
Cletus wans'nt in it
Carnage's characterization was dead on. From the witty comments, violent action, to Saying "Whee, now this is fun!" while being thrown upsidedown against a wall, it was perfect.

I just have 2 questions though, that hopefully will be answered next issue.

What happend to Cletus? Dead? Seperated from the Symbiote? What?

Should'nt May know who Carnage is? One of her dad's greatest enemies, famous mass murderer and responsible for the maximum Carnage massacre that plunged New York into chaos? That should be in the history books by now!

All in all, a great issue, and I may pick this up as a regular title.

The thing is with these comics, the main stay stuff really doesn't have any continuity or connections. So the writers are pretty much having free roam and as far as I know there hasn't been any other mention of the character to date. It's a storyline that's just going to play out and divulge the details as such. The way they've always done it.

I don't think it was ever revealed whatever happened to Cletus, but I think we're supposed to assume he's dead. We learned very early in the Spider-Girl series that Eddie Brock is dead.

Issue No. 11 is out now, so I hope you've read that and have decided to stick with Spider-Girl. It's funny that the only Spidey books I read now are this one and Ultimate, but even though Peter is a supporting character in Spider-Girl, it feels like the real Spider-Man to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"