Comics Save spider-girl!!

shinlyle

King of the Haters
Reaction score
Okay, if you aren't prepared to shuck out a whopping extra 3 bucks a month, then don't even read on. Spider-Girl needs your MONEY!!

Amazing Spider-Girl, the story of Spider-Man and Mary Jane's daughter and her life as a costumed adventurer, is getting cancelled with issue #30. It is honestly the best Spider-Book out there, and probably Marvel's best, and most consistently entertaining, book, right now!

The cancellation was just announced, and unless the book generates sales in the nest few months, it is toast! This bok contains the last remnants of the Peter Parker and Mary Jane marriage, and, if cancelled, it will be gone forever. This is honestly the last place any Spider-Man fan who likes the marriage can go for a married Spider-Man, and it is the ONLY place to find the stories of Spider-Girl!

If you value my friendship, and like talking to me, then you should buy the book. Add it to your pull list. Buy it every month, and pass it around like it's the tape from "The Ring". Why does this matter in terms of my friendship? Simple: You're going to ask me what I'm reading, and here's how it'll go:

You: What are you reading, nowadays?
Me: I was reading Amazing Spider-Girl, until it got cancelled.
You: Why was it cancelled?
Me: Were you reading it every month?
You: No...
Me: Then it's your fault. I was buying it every month while you threw 12 bucks away on Amazing Spider-Man or Secret Crisis or Infinite Invasion or whatever craptastic event/crossover/shock-tactic story was going on. You cancelled Amazing Spider-Girl, and you are the reason why I cannot read my favorite book.

Extreme? Yup.
A bit unfair? Yup.
Do I need therapy? Probably.

If it was your favorite book being cancelled, you'd do the same thing.

Now, add it to your pull list and cut one of the thirty Avengers books on your list, and read this book. Get a friend to read it. Talk to some old school Spidey fans who HATE the currrent direction in Spider-Man, and tell them to check it out.

There are worse books out there that sell more than this book, and it's a shame. Help a worthy book!!

Pass it on...

The cancellation thing has always seemed like a gimmick, how many times has this book come back from the dead.

they are probably just saying this to generate some sales for the arc they are currently doing.

marvel know how strong the fanbase for spider-girl is. Even if it does disappear for a short while, I doubt it'll be gone indefinitely.

Another year, another "save Spider-Girl"-campaign :)

How many times has the title faced the threat of cancellation now?

My bad, here's the link:
http://www.comicboards.com/app/show.php?msg=spidergirl-2008101220464912

Honestly, it may be a gimmick to drum up sales, but I don't care! I'd love for sales to be high enough on the book for no one to ever have to worry about it being cancelled again!

Then again, I live with the hope that Firefly/Serenity will be back, too, so obviously, I'm an optimist.

That seems odd and I don't really hear or understand the reasoning behind it. I'll wait till I hear it from another source along with a proper "why" before I start getting upset.

That seems odd and I don't really hear or understand the reasoning behind it. I'll wait till I hear it from another source along with a proper "why" before I start getting upset.

Understandable.

Me, I've been burned 5 times straight by "waiting and seeing", when it comes to Marvel:

1) Sins Past
2) The Other (the ending)
3) Iron Spidey suit (I PRAYED it was a gag)
4) The Unmasking ("What a stupid idea", I though)
5) One More Day ('nuff said)

I'm going to go ahead and get upset right out of the gate so that MAYBE something can be done. It we wait a few months, the book will be gone. I actually thought about taking all the money I make form sketches at the con this weekend, and buying ALL the copies of ASG, and giving them back to my LCS owner to give away. Unfortunately, I'm not made of money.

Oh, I wasn't saying wait a few months, I just need to hear this from another source to know it's legit. Someone will be talking soon if it's true. I mean the events you mentioned were all verified (most of us just couldn't believe it) by several sources. If it's true, saturday I'll buy all the SG books there and have the LCBSG hand them out.

What I need to hear is a "why".

I get you! :cwink:

Yeah, when we start hearing Newsarama or CBR or someone reporting upon it, we'll know the skinny for sure.

I REALLY hope it isn't true. There are so few books from Marvel that I enjoy, nowadays.

I REALLY hope it isn't true. There are so few books from Marvel that I enjoy, nowadays.

Me too.

Though I'll differ on that last point:

Spider-Girl, Iron Fist, Captian America, Incredible Herc, Thor, Daredevil, Nova, GoG, Thunderbolts and AtI are all pretty freaking awesome right now.

Well, I buy all the Spider-Books, and that includes Spider-Girl... a title I've been picking up since issue #61 (and I've gotten the previous 60 since).

:csad:

So if it is true, what's the gameplan? Same as before just flood marvel with mail while buying or do we have something else up?

Me too.

Though I'll differ on that last point:

Spider-Girl, Iron Fist, Captian America, Incredible Herc, Thor, Daredevil, Nova, GoG, Thunderbolts and AtI are all pretty freaking awesome right now.

I will echo Cap and DD. :up:

Nah....just not too interested in the characters....and I missed the jump-on point. I may check out the trades, though.

If you read the first herc arc with ares, you'll be completely hooked on the character, they even have me liking Amadeus Cho (who I used to hate), herc's finally depicted as the drunken womanizing funloving demogod he's always been. It might be the funniest book marvel is putting out right now.

Nova is just awesome, it's not the NW nova it's post anniliation, I've seen galaxies die and ripped out the guts of alien warlords nova. If you like space stuff this is the book.

I can't recommend both highly enough.

Well, it's official.

Newsarama has it up on their front page. People are already saying their goodbyes to it.

The question is, can it be saved again? I think it can. It'll be tougher this time, though, as the book was relaunched in an attempt to renew interest in the character, and if Marvel feels that didn't work, they may cancel it regardless.

This is going to be Mayday's greatest battle. Get all or your friends to buy it...buy two copies....if EVERYONE throws a little extra coin at this book, and the numbers double, then, guess what? It'll be saved.

If you love the book, put your money where your mouth is, or don't complain!

It's also on comicbookforums, so yep it's confirmed. Buy people buy. Write the Q, write alot and don't stop writing. We've done this dance before and resurrected May it can be done again. Apparently she'll be in Spider-Man family so I guess I'll be picking that up.

This is the only book out right now featuring Peter Parker as a hero, don't let it die.

Not too much of a fan of the writing. There's just so many characters in this book, it usually confuses the hell out of me. The first few arcs weren't bad but...

Yeah, that's how comics USED to be. They had STORY and CHARACTERS, not pin-ups and talkin' heads. Welcome to the good old days.

Let's get this title back in gear. Flamin' Marvel ain't takin' this one.

I haven't bought Spider-Girl in forever...but I bought issue 25 today in hopes that more people bought it too, just to save it for the people who still read it. I haven't even read the issue yet to see if I still remember May Day fondly.

Mayday's in trouble again?
Picture-9.jpg

It seems like this title is "almost" being canceled every year.

What a shame. I've only collected the "Amazing" Spider-girl run but it's been fantastic. The current arc right now is sooooo good. Completely in love with the title.

Man...this would mean the death of the Ben Reilly suit, too. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"