The Doctor Doom Thread

Spoiler for Xmen 97 episode 8 Tolerance is Extinction part 1

Omg omg guess who made his Xmen 97 debut and it was brief and beautifully done (and a slight accent too) working with Bastion....

Last edited by a moderator:
Part of me secretly wants Hayden Christensen to be Doom :whoops:

I like Christensen as Vader, but Doom is one masked despot too many for him lol.

as with most x leaks, I take this with a grain of salt...

1714948310006.png

Affleck seems like such a puzzling choice to even be in the running for Doom. I could easily see why he'd be cast as Daredevil and Batman but Doom?

200w.gif

Mikkelsen would be amazing but the two strikes against him are he's a little old and he's also already played an MCU villain.

Of those three, Murphy makes the most sense to me. He's also about the same age as Pedro Pascal which is appropriate for Victor and Reed.

In before it's Javier Bardem as Doom and not Galactus

9355.gif

Affleck - Unsuitable

Mikkelsen - Predictable, boring

Murphy - Interesting

I dont believe any of this crap at this point in time. These leaders have zero credibility with me. If Doom may not be in this outside of a post credits, they may not even film that until next year in reshoots. So I have no opinion on any of these strands of spaghetti being tossed at the wall here

I dont believe any of this crap at this point in time. These leaders have zero credibility with me. If Doom may not be in this outside of a post credits, they may not even film that until next year in reshoots. So I have no opinion on any of these strands of spaghetti being tossed at the wall here
Murphy and Mikklesen being mentioned is a dead giveaway that this report is BS for me. Those two have been such popular fancasts that someone is just stating what people want to hear. And the only way I can ever see Affleck appearing in the MCU is if they somehow manage to convince him to come back as Daredevil for a role in Secret Wars.

Last edited:
I don’t think Affleck is really circling this, but I could sorta see him doing it if all he has to do is voice work.

I don’t think Affleck is really circling this, but I could sorta see him doing it if all he has to do is voice work.
I mean his physicality is really the only thing he has to bring to the role (at least over the other picks, its the only thing that makes him stand out) not to say he can't bring any type acting skill too it, as well...
{but, if they want a physically imposing Doom} I could see that

he also has a strong look for "human" Doom (in any type of flashbacks/ origin story) type scene
{if they really want to play off his vanity of a guy who was very obsessed with his looks... so, to have that taken away from him drives him mad} kinda way

so, saying he'd only be a voice over, seems counter to that

if the character ends up being CG/ or just stuntmen in the suit and mask for most the time... anyone can voice that (without having the looks or size for it)

I mean his physicality is really the only thing he has to bring to the role (at least over the other picks, its the only thing that makes him stand out) not to say he can't bring any type acting skill too it, as well...
{but, if they want a physically imposing Doom} I could see that

he also has a strong look for "human" Doom (in any type of flashbacks/ origin story) type scene
{if they really want to play off his vanity of a guy who was very obsessed with his looks... so, to have that taken away from him drives him mad} kinda way

so, saying he'd only be a voice over, seems counter to that

if the character ends up being CG/ or just stuntmen in the suit and mask for most the time... anyone can voice that (without having the looks or size for it)

I’m not saying Ben couldn’t physically do it. I just don’t think he’d be interested in it. Superhero stuff just seems draining for him. So I feel like voice work is just a bit more realistic. Given that Marvel has cast folks like Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel in voice-only roles, it doesn’t seem that far fetched to me.

None of these people are likely to end up getting it. They're just doing clickbait trash cause FF casting rumors are popular for clicks right now

Not Ben Affleck. If its true that he couldn't bother to return as Daredevil in Deadpool. I don't see jumping on this role... and he would be a complete miscast as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"