The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, the sunglasses eyes was the least of my problems with the suit. It was different and added to the difference of the suit itself.

But looking at those eyes, makes me wonder if we'll definitely be getting a much more classic version of the suit. Although, I would have hoped for the idea to be in the first film anyways, unless we get a reason for the second film on why he makes a new suit with the new eyes.

Do we need constant reasons for why Tony Stark keeps building new costumes? Half the time its just aesthetic changes.

Any smart person is always retooling and adjusting their work. Why are apps constantly updated? Why don't they just leave it alone after release? Because the devs always wanna fix, retool, make the app more efficient. Same for anything you make

asmeyes.jpg

--dk7

lol.

I can see Peter change the costume entirely and early with the only motivation being that he feels more like a "real" superhero now than in ASM. He's someone to count with now, and therefore Peter would want the costume to look more professional. Wouldn't feel strange at all to me.

Hell, I wouldn't even mind if there was no explanation to it at all, he just starts off with the new costume. That happens alot in movies and I see nothing strange about that. I would just think "Huh, looks much cooler now, that's great!".

Pretty much like the first 4 Batman Movies. His costume always changed a little and improved. I bet no one was asking why.

its possible they will do a the dark knight and have him change his costume design in middle of film, maybe after a battle with rhino at start of film maybe.

Either that or his costume will have the new design already from the start and we just have to use our imaginations as we already get the idea how he makes his suit

What if the lenses are smaller as compared to the lenses in TASM costume ?

t4v95v.jpg

Pretty much like the first 4 Batman Movies. His costume always changed a little and improved. I bet no one was asking why.

Yeah, like in most movie series actually.

I can see there being some scenes or a montage (maybe the first credit scenes?) of Spidey creating the new classic looking suit. But I don't need anyone to tell me why he does it. There could be many logical reasons for it that you can think of yourself. It could be for practical reasons, it could be because he wants to look better in the suit, it could be simply because he's bored of the old design etc. Part of what I really like about ASM is that it doesn't tell you every single detail straight to your face but you get to think for your own and look for things yourself. I want ASM2 to keep that. To have Peter explain or think loud why he does it would be unnecessary and maybe even take you out of the film a little. Who would he tell his reasons to? Would there be a scene of Spidey batteling some thugs and they are like "Huh? You look different!" and he's like "Yeah! I'm a celebrity now, I wanna look hotter in front of the cameras!"? Or would he tell Gwen? Would he think aloud? All those things would feel very forced and corny.

So where is all the Vulture talk coming from? Do people just really want to see or was he hinted at appearing? I haven't seen any rumors about it.

Dont count on a 100% change. I suspect the texture and colors will be similar, not to mention the symbol and such. There may be a 'belt' added and maybe the leg stripe will be gone, but other than that, I don't expect too much of a difference. They won't 'reboot' the costume, but rather 'remix' it a little.

I think this is exactly right. They're not completely overhauling the costume for a completely different design. Sure there will be some changes/tweaks, but there needs to be continuity in terms of design between the films.

its possible they will do a the dark knight and have him change his costume design in middle of film, maybe after a battle with rhino at start of film maybe.

Either that or his costume will have the new design already from the start and we just have to use our imaginations as we already get the idea how he makes his suit

To the Rhino thing: No.

But yeah, I hope the movie starts out with the new costume. The audience has already seen how/why he makes his costume in the first film. And unlike Batman, Spider-Man's costume is a lightweight bodysuit. There's no actual reason for him to change the shape of the eyes or remove leg stripes, etc...Other than a visual change. No need for another scene to explain a few superficial tweaks.

Yeah, like in most movie series actually.

I can see there being some scenes or a montage (maybe the first credit scenes?) of Spidey creating the new classic looking suit. But I don't need anyone to tell me why he does it. There could be many logical reasons for it that you can think of yourself. It could be for practical reasons, it could be because he wants to look better in the suit, it could be simply because he's bored of the old design etc. Part of what I really like about ASM is that it doesn't tell you every single detail straight to your face but you get to think for your own and look for things yourself. I want ASM2 to keep that. To have Peter explain or think loud why he does it would be unnecessary and maybe even take you out of the film a little. Who would he tell his reasons to? Would there be a scene of Spidey batteling some thugs and they are like "Huh? You look different!" and he's like "Yeah! I'm a celebrity now, I wanna look hotter in front of the cameras!"? Or would he tell Gwen? Would he think aloud? All those things would feel very forced and corny.

Bingo. There could be a million reasons why he would decide to tweak the design of the costume, but none of them are concerning the practicality of it.

Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark are millionaires who can afford to overhaul their costumes time and again for practical reasons (they both wear armor). Spider-Man wears a lightweight bodysuit. End of story. Any changes are purely for visual appeal.

Anyone going to Upper East Side today to watch shooting? I'm considering it but don't know if it'll be worth while lol.

If lenses will look like those images, I might love the mask more

Anyone going to Upper East Side today to watch shooting? I'm considering it but don't know if it'll be worth while lol.

I know a few who live in NYC who said they'd be going.

I don't think anyone will be able to get close enough to see anything.

Well he DID make it himself...

So did Raimi's Peter.

Do we need constant reasons for why Tony Stark keeps building new costumes? Half the time its just aesthetic changes.

Any smart person is always retooling and adjusting their work. Why are apps constantly updated? Why don't they just leave it alone after release? Because the devs always wanna fix, retool, make the app more efficient. Same for anything you make

The difference is that Stark has the money and the time to build and build which also goes along with Stark's ego as well, but Peter is different, especially Webb's version that made a suit with the items that he had to make. With new eyes, new webshooters, I think it's best to watch him make them and to also give a reason on why.

It probably wouldn't look too great, but I'd love for a Spider-Man movie where the costume designers only had a budget of $200 and they had to make a suit using common materials. Now that would be realistic if some 17-19 year old was making the suit.

It probably wouldn't look too great, but I'd love for a Spider-Man movie where the costume designers only had a budget of $200 and they had to make a suit using common materials. Now that would be realistic if some 17-19 year old was making the suit.

That's the catch, because this needs to be a big budget, high quality production. Having the Spider-Man costume looking cheap and cosplay-ish would be tacky even if it did lend to authenticity. Even the costumes in Kick-Ass, which were supposed to be home made and amatuerish had that slick hollywood sheen. But yeah, it would be cool to see something slightly less "polished", as it were.

This is why the comics are so great, you can imagine for yourself the extent of detail or quality the costume has. :yay:

I made another manip, because they're fun to make.

eXm3bDOl.jpg

i like it, infact i hope they just change the eyes and webshooters and thats it as i like the costume overall and i wouldnt want it to be to much like raimis spiderman outfit

actually maybe if they add a belt sorta thing also for web cartridges

Last edited:
It should be the classic costume, but use the current textures, then it would be perfect.

I don't mind the texture of the costume. Maybe if they could take away some of the blue and add more red to it, that would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"