The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-man Love Interest General Discussion Thread

SpideyFan866

Avenger
Reaction score
Now I know that a sequel to The Amazing Spider-man is still a ways off but I've been curious as to why the subject of Mary-Jane Watson is rarely brought up?

We all know that she WON'T be present in the upcoming July 3rd film, but she'll definitely be in a sequel, which begs the question, who should play Mary-Jane Watson in the sequel to The Amazing Spider-man?

So, I've created this thread so that we can all discuss that issue as well as other love interest related topics in a thread devoted entirely to that.

A lot of threads about this were created here...they were all moved to the sequels section...or deleted. lol

Ok, to start this sucker off, I'm going to make my suggestion on who should play Mary-Jane in a sequel to TASM.

Elena Satine

l_a243316be3d43b2202eedb8204e5dc7d.jpg

I know she was rumored for the role before it was revealed the love interest would be Gwen Stacy but I think she'd pull off the party girl version of Mary Jane PERFECTLY.

Plus she looks like Mary Jane. WAAAY more than some of the other fan favorites.

Last edited:
A lot of threads about this were created here...they were all moved to the sequels section...or deleted. lol

lets hope that doesn't happen. This is a general discussion and can refer to the loves interest in TASM 1 too so, yeah.

Ok, to start this sucker off, I'm going to make my suggestion on who should play Mary-Jane in a sequel to TASM.

ObbmCc

I think she'd pull off the party girl version of Mary Jane PERFECTLY.

Not sure who you're talking about, the picture doesn't show up.

What ever happened to those rumors of Zooey Deschanel being in TASM?

Could she be in a sequel?

What ever happened to those rumors of Zooey Deschanel being in TASM?

Could she be in a sequel?

Well, since The Daily Bugle is probably going to be in the sequel, I think she would be a perfect Betty Brant.

I remember him being "quoted" that he wants zooey as betty because he wanted betty to be a more profound character.

Imogen Poots or Jennifer Lawrence for me. I think it's fine to think of an actress working in Hollywood today who you think is the perfect image and actress for Mary-Jane, but the truth is, they will not pick someone unless they have amazing chemistry with Andrew and looks good next to him.

So you have to pick someone you could see being Andrew's girlfriend AND be a good Mary Jane.

I could honestly see Gwen being killed off in either the second or third film, with MJ being introduced within the same film that she's killed off at the end as just a friend and that the film following Gwen's death is the one that starts building Peter and MJ off as a potential and sure to be couple.

Elena Satine

I know she was rumored for the role before it was revealed the love interest would be Gwen Stacy but I think she'd pull off the party girl version of Mary Jane PERFECTLY.

Well she certainly has the looks, but how good of an actress is she?

Well she certainly has the looks, but how good of an actress is she?

She's actually a pretty good actress and she, like Andrew Garfield, is a big Spider-man fan.

he was compaigning to play MJ in TASM and she audition but she wa quoted as saying she realize that they were casting gwen when she read lines for her audition.

So, perhaps in a sequel.

Elena Satine

She seems awesome for MJ!

I just found this video while roaming Youtube :woot:

[YT]pniWQ3fsxQ4[/YT]

We all know that she WON'T be present in the upcoming July 3rd film

We don't ALL know this. MJ could very well show up in a surprise cameo. Nothing's been confirmed or denied.

Remember those rumors of Webb casting a redhead?

We don't ALL know this. MJ could very well show up in a surprise cameo. Nothing's been confirmed or denied.

Remember those rumors of Webb casting a redhead?

I sure do. It's not out of the realm of possibility that MJ may indeed show up in TASM at some point.

I think there'll be a cameo of her from behind or something, like in the original comics.

Elena Satine

She's rather attractive but did you see her spot on Smallville as Mera? She was...AWFUL in that role.

Just on that note, I say nay :down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"