• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Spider-Man 3 I just wish it incorporated other things from 2
though I didnt like somethings in two that I don't want to visit again
but im keeping my eye on this

Geez okay....

I just watched a bit further into that guys playthrough and this is really making me cancel my preorder.

I really want to give this a chance, but man that looks bad.

Other than Arkham City, Spider-Man 2 was my favourite superhero game.

It's amazing how 10 years on they can't match it.
This

@ i'm sorry time its not nostalgia goggles for me it's still very fun the fighting to me never got old and it feels good to beat thugs down or pinball off of them or tie them up on a street light or toss them off the highest building I still find it fun, its the same with traveling

THIS.

Sm2 was an excellent game. The combat was more fun, the swinging was more fun,it actually had a web system and it actually took skill to play and master the swing system. It has nothing to do with nostalgia. Why is making conversation considered complaining? It's the truth or at least it's how I feel. I could see if they gave us this spectacular experience and it had some minor gripes but that is not the case.

I have personally enjoyed every console Spidey game a lot except Friend or Foe. Edge of Time is okay. I played it again recently and had more fun the second time.
Spider-Man 1, 2, and 3 are great to me. I loved Ultimate Spider-Man as well as Web of Shadows. Shattered Dimensions was fun and refreshing. Amazing Spider-Man was surprisingly great to me. I still play it quite often.

I have personally enjoyed every console Spidey game a lot except Friend or Foe. Edge of Time is okay. I played it again recently and had more fun the second time.
Spider-Man 1, 2, and 3 are great to me. I loved Ultimate Spider-Man as well as Web of Shadows. Shattered Dimensions was fun and refreshing. Amazing Spider-Man was surprisingly great to me. I still play it quite often.

Well I respect your opinions about Amazing. I liked the previous games too. I just think that moving forward that a new developer should try harder to incorporate what worked in what came before and add into one complete experience. How do you feel about that?

I was also hoping that ASM2 would improve on the gameplay that ASM1 had but it doesn't seem to be that different. I think they were trying to mimic Rocksteady's approach to their battle system by not really changing it that much but the difference is Rocksteady added a lot of bells and whistles which helped to keep the gameplay fun and dynamic. I think this is what's missing in this game.

Damn, do the graphics look absolutely horrid on the last-gen systems.

I hope the PC version looks better.

£52.94 for this?

Get the **** out.

Pre-order cancelled. I pulled out. :D

I just couldn't do it.

Not for the same automatic gameplay, same looking web swinging, only this time the camera is pulled a bit back and you alternate between the triggers, big deal.

It looks really bland and dull, makes me wanna facepalm like crazy just watching that video.

Good thing I was able to see this gameplay before my order went through.

Nice try Activision/Beenox, you ****ers almost got me.

I just played Spider-Man 2, two days ago. While there are enjoyable elements, the game is mostly average. The city is lifeless, the crimes are repetitive ("save my balloon!") and the story is not well written despite being based around the narrative of the second film. The special moves are excellent, but the combat is only okay. Web swinging is still perfect, and given that webs are the defining power from Spidey's power set, that is an important element. Still, the game has not aged gracefully. Web of Shadoes and shattered Dimensions are leagues better when compared to Spider-Man 2.

Oh. Great. Another reason for my PS4 to sit around collecting dust. I don't know how they managed to take what was a great Spider-man game (in my opinion though I know it is not for most here) and ruin it. Animations aren't just recycled... they're worse. The camera angle when web-swinging is horrid. City is bigger but far blockier and bland. Fights lack any excitement and everyone just kinda moves like robots.

I just... oof. This is not good.

Double not good for me since I was looking to sell my PS4 but thought maybe this'd give me something to do with it.

Ah well. $20 I'll pick it up and give it a playthrough someday. At least a rental. Those side-missions (like the burning building) look so freaking awkward too.

I just played Spider-Man 2, two days ago. While there are enjoyable elements, the game is mostly average. The city is lifeless, the crimes are repetitive ("save my balloon!") and the story is not well written despite being based around the narrative of the second film. The special moves are excellent, but the combat is only okay. Web swinging is still perfect, and given that webs are the defining power from Spidey's power set, that is an important element. Still, the game has not aged gracefully. Web of Shadoes and shattered Dimensions are leagues better when compared to Spider-Man 2.

Glad someone resonates with my impressions of Spider-man 2. It was God-tier upon release but it hasn't aged well.

My favorite is probably Ultimate, the web swinging in that game felt great, and swinging around the top of a construction site duking it out with the Beetle was fun as hell. Rhino was also 20x funner to fight than in the SM2 game. Time has been infinitely kinder to Ultimate than it has to Spidey 2.

GamesHQMedia's currently making a walkthrough.

Spidey saves Stan Lee (yes really) from a burning building, and then Peter heads to Stan's comic shop.
From the looks of it, it's an extras place, with figures and comics and some fighting minigame.

It's...surreal

Whoa, finally looking at the gameplay. Looks friggin awesome to me.

It's the game ASM1 should have been so I'm down with it. I'm loving the comic shop, and the city looks exactly like the asm city to me so I don't care.

The guy playing is just REALLY bad at web swinging, learn it, and I'm sure we can make it look smooth as hell.

The swinging looks genuinely challenging. I like it.

It's pretty painful to see some of these walkthrough people trying to master it, though.

Edit: @TWayneP Exactly. Pretty much all three (?) of the guys in the walkthroughs are terrible at web swinging. It looks way better in the official gameplay video where the guy from Beenox was playing.

I know we have different opinions, and no one's opinion is right or wrong or better. MY opinions is that this looks amazing, once the swing boosts are unlocked you see a slight blur effect. The swinging looks amazing, the combat looks less clunkier, the city looks so much better (varied districts, night time, etc) sure the pop is off, but it is youtube and installing the disc helps. I am actually even more excited now to ME this looks better than spiderman 2. Might have the best swinging ever!

Its only one persons opinion, I for one am going to enjoy this game a lot, for those of you who think it looks awful, I am sorry, hope you find a game you like. but rent it and give it a try.

From what I'm seeing, I think the game looks really fun!

Watching other people play is brutal. I am baffled sometimes how bad people are at gaming.

I wish New York city thoughts had returned I kind of enjoyed that, no big loss, but they were sometimes funny. Can not wait to black suit up at night!

Yea it doesn't look like it will be the "best spider-man game ever!" But it looks good. Good enough for 50 bucks at release to hype some ASM2. I get the symbiote costume aswell so I'm down with that. I love superhero games, I love most of the spider-man games except a select few.

Spider-man 2 was great because of it's fluid web swing. Sure some physics might be off, but it was the idea that you could make swinging around the city, look like those final swings in the Raimi movies! You had everything at your disposal! Those full 360 swings around construction cranes, flips and tricks, manual catapulting, a leapfrog jumping system, a swing cycle that let you hold on to your webs and NEVER let go, one after the other. The possibilities were endless and varied.

It may not have aged well but it's swing system is miles better than anything beenox has done. Even with ASM2. It looks BETTER, and I'm happy about that! It seems challenging to master and I can't wait to. Incorporating web rush and being patient with the animations, building height and camera is the key to not look like your on crack.

a spiderman game SPECIFICALLY developed for X1 and PS4 will bring us something special I'm sure. To me ASM2 is a filler game for activision and Beenox. I'm sure they really want to develop exclusively for the new generation. The city will be way more detailed, waay more people on the streets, it will be great. Hopefully in 5-6 years time we manage to get "the best spider-man game ever!"

Last edited:
Okay, so, apparently the new costume was made by Gwen when Spidey had a "too close encounter with a turbine. Long story."

Yea it doesn't look like it will be the "best spider-man game ever!" But it looks good. Good enough for 50 bucks at release to hype some ASM2. I get the symbiote costume aswell so I'm down with that. I love superhero games, I love most of the spider-man games except a select few.

Spider-man 2 was great because of it's fluid web swing. Sure some physics might be off, but it was the idea that you could make swinging around the city, look like those final swings in the Raimi movies! You had everything at your disposal! Those full 360 swings around construction cranes, flips and tricks, manual catapulting, a leapfrog jumping system, a swing cycle that let you hold on to your webs and NEVER let go, one after the other. The possibilities were endless and varied.

It may not have aged well but it's swing system is miles better than anything beenox has done. Even with ASM2. It looks BETTER, and I'm happy about that! It seems challenging to master and I can't wait to. Incorporating web rush and being patient with the animations, building height and camera is the key to not look like your on crack.

a spiderman game SPECIFICALLY developed for X1 and PS4 will bring us something special I'm sure. To me ASM2 is a filler game for activision and Beenox. I'm sure they really want to develop exclusively for the new generation. The city will be way more detailed, waay more people on the streets, it will be great. Hopefully in 5-6 years time we manage to get "the best spider-man game ever!"

You'll get another 2 rushed movie tie-ins that wont please the majority of the fanbase in the next 4-6 years. Beenox will never be able to truly shine due to Activision.

You'll get another 2 rushed movie tie-ins that wont please the majority of the fanbase in the next 4-6 years. Beenox will never be able to truly shine due to Activision.

That's why I say 4-6 years. The development cycle being so short, they will take baby steps with each game. Much like this one is an improvement over ASM1 but it needs to take that giant leap into new generation development to really shine, and to not be a port up.

SM2 is so overrated. Beside the web swinging and city size, the game is beyond medicore. The city lacks detail, the side missions are dull and repetive and there's nothing else to do.

SM3 is literally better than SM2 in every way other than the fact you don't have such a swing as SM2. It's still there, but the length of the web is too short so you don't get the bigger sense of momentum.

Web of Shadows had the best animations and momentum, and the ultimate SM game for me would be the city of SM3 but with so much more detail, mixed with the web slinging of SM2 but with the momentum of WOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"