The Amazing Spider Man 2 vs Batman v Superman

Nowhere near. I wish Electro was such a cold-blooded killer.

Yes very near. Exact same in fact lol. Electro was cold blooded killer too. He kill his doctor and all security guards at Ravencroft when he escape. But he still goofy like Luthor.

I will say I came out of ASM2 having enjoyed the movie, and it wasn't til a bit later where I started to dislike a lot of it. Whereas with BvS I was disappointed and confused with some of the choices while watching the movie. I had a more fun time watching Spider man

I went with BvS...but that's REALLY not saying much.

While they share similarities, BvS is better because Affleck is great as Batman and everything involving Batman and Alfred is genuinely good. There was nothing of that in TASM2.

Batman destroys everything that ASM 2 offered, but the editing, pacing and stucture of the story in ASM2 is better.

Yes very near. Exact same in fact lol. Electro was cold blooded killer too. He kill his doctor and all security guards at Ravencroft when he escape. But he still goofy like Luthor.

The thing is Electro being "goofy" didn't come off as a creative decision. He was just a half baked concept. Lex was made different on purpose and was a complete character.

I will say I came out of ASM2 having enjoyed the movie, and it wasn't til a bit later where I started to dislike a lot of it. Whereas with BvS I was disappointed and confused with some of the choices while watching the movie. I had a more fun time watching Spider man

You know that is probably right. I remember thinking TASM2 was not very good while watching it, but I wasn't bored. It was only after I tried (and failed) to sit through it again that its full level of mediocrity became fully apparent. With Batman v Superman I knew it was awful about halfway through.

While they share similarities, BvS is better because Affleck is great as Batman and everything involving Batman and Alfred is genuinely good. There was nothing of that in TASM2.

I am not going to die on this hill. But...

amazing-spider-man-2-gifs-spider-man-37030248-500-205.gif

I would say it is the best performance of either movie.

You know that is probably right. I remember thinking TASM2 was not very good while watching it, but I wasn't bored. It was only after I tried (and failed) to sit through it again that its full level of mediocrity became fully apparent. With Batman v Superman I knew it was awful about halfway through.

Agreed, I did watch Spider-Man more than once but they were all in theaters. I didn't get to watch BvS in 3D, so I can't gaudge that, but ASM2 was fun to watch in that format. With each viewing though, it was more just waiting for the parts I enjoyed as the films flaws became more apparent.

BvS certainly has better action scenes, Webb really dropped the ball there, and I had high hopes after scenes like the school fight or Oscorp Tower.

I don't ever have to watch TASM2.

I'd like to see BvS again, especially with additional footage.

TASM 2 by far. I had issues with BvS and came out mostly disappointed, but the film still has a consistent tone. TASM 2 has all of BvS problems along with crazy tonal shifts and some of the worst performances in a modern comicbook film.

After seeing these both officiallly. BvS is the better film. And thats saying alot as I am a massive Spider-Man fan and usually put him and his content above all other superhero related content.

Excuse me, pardon my opinion.
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has that nice moment between Spider-Man and the turbine kid, and there is some fun stuff like people talking about him, and the moment he stops the police car from smacking an officer.
Batman V Superman has nothing like that.

I vote for the movie of 2 years ago.

TASM2 is a major disappointment for me, but I don't think it's a terrible film.

I don't hate TASM2. I liked it, even though it has so many problems. People can mention Thor, Thor 2, Ant-Man, Hulk, Superman Returns, IM2 as superior movies, but none of those entertained me more than TASM2. Just because something has less problems doesn't mean it's better. TASM2 had more moments that entertained me than Thor, for example which is an absolutely bland movie.

That being said, TASM2 is just more of what we had already seen. BvS is just a more interesting film. They both share many of the same flaws though.

Last edited:
Can just say with value..

TaSM 2 - 6.3 / 10

BvS - 6 / 10

Both movies had some good moments for me. But I think that BvS had more aspects that I loved.

I haven't seen Batman v. Superman yet, I'll probably see it this weekend. But I doubt it will top TASM2 for me.

TASM2 was great, I love it. There are a few things about it that I take issue with like how they basically shoehorned the Goblin story in there and made Harry the Goblin first, but thats really my only issue with the film. I don't quite get the hate for Electro, he wasn't even that bad. The soundtrack is pretty great too.

Andrew Garfield, was so underappreciated as Spider-Man. With Garfield I actually felt like I was watching Spider-Man; he had sarcasm and wit, had spider like movements, and webslinging was a blast to watch. I didn't get or feel any of that from Tobey Maguire. We lost a good thing because of the bafoonary of Sony, Avi Arad and his lackey Matt Tolmach. The sad truth is if that the Webb films had a Marvel Studios logo slapped on it, the masses would have loved them. But this isn't the thread for this and whats done is done.

I will say that I have doubts BvS is as bad as everyone says it is.

I haven't seen Batman v. Superman yet, I'll probably see it this weekend. But I doubt it will top TASM2 for me.

TASM2 was great, I love it. There are a few things about it that I take issue with like how they basically shoehorned the Goblin story in there and made Harry the Goblin first, but thats really my only issue with the film. I don't quite get the hate for Electro, he wasn't even that bad. The soundtrack is pretty great too.

Andrew Garfield, was so underappreciated as Spider-Man. With Garfield I actually felt like I was watching Spider-Man; he had sarcasm and wit, had spider like movements, and webslinging was a blast to watch. I didn't get or feel any of that from Tobey Maguire. We lost a good thing because of the bafoonary of Sony, Avi Arad and his lackey Matt Tolmach. The sad truth is if that the Webb films had a Marvel Studios logo slapped on it, the masses would have loved them. But this isn't the thread for this and whats done is done.

I will say that I have doubts BvS is as bad as everyone says it is.

Very much disagree. FF had a big Marvel sign right before, but most people don't know it's not Marvel Studios.

Adding the Marvel Studio logo to the front of TASM2 wouldn't have erased some of the glaring issues that film had.

Very much disagree. FF had a big Marvel sign right before, but most people don't know it's not Marvel Studios.

Adding the Marvel Studio logo to the front of TASM2 wouldn't have erased some of the glaring issues that film had.

I find it hard to disagree when Marvel Studios has put out plenty of sub-par films and were still pretty well recieved. I really don't think IM2, IM3, Thor 2, and GoTG were that great. Even AoU was pretty disappoining but its still loved. I haven't seen Ant-Man, I keep forgetting it exists but it doesn't look like anything special to me.

As for FF, maybe people just don't like them. The GA isn't that dumb, when ever I hear people talking about the MCU they never mention X-Men or the new Craptastic 4. I think most know they are seperate.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"