The Amazing Spider-Man 2 "My Spider-sense is tingling" The Spoiler talk thread

agreed. better question wouldve been "Ever seen a 3 supervillain movie done well?"

To which my best answer is Thor (Loki/Laufey/Destroyer).

Destroyer? You mean the metal guy?

He wasn't a Villain per se either,just a 'thug' or 'hired muscle'

I am against a three supervillain story.But I do believe that a 2 supervillain movie can be done really well if their arcs are connected together properly(TKD is the perfect example)

So Rhino and Electro for now with Osborn being the behind the scenes villain appearing as GG is TASM3 would be good imo

Well, by that logic you wouldn't mind Enchantress, Executioner, Malekith and Algrim in the same film right? Being that two of them are hired muscle. They are all still supervillains.

Destroyer in the comics was slightly more than he is in the film. But it was a fairly faithful adaptation, despite there being two other supervillains.

The movie overall leaves a bit to be desired. But it's definitely at least decent.

Calling the Destroyer a villain is like calling Mjölnir a superhero.

Its just a weapon in a humanoid form. Just an extension of Loki, the villain, that was controlling it. It hardly counts as a "third villain".

Well, by that logic you wouldn't mind Enchantress, Executioner, Malekith and Algrim in the same film right? Being that two of them are hired muscle. They are all still supervillains.
Depends on how they are portrayed
But I hardly care about Thor

Plus Thor 2 takes place mostly in Asgard,Literally everybody is superpowered there

But a Spider-man movie in which 3 new superhero villains appear one after the other is imo,too much

Destroyer in the comics was slightly more than he is in the film. But it was a fairly faithful adaptation, despite there being two other supervillains.

The movie overall leaves a bit to be desired. But it's definitely at least decent.

He was literally a hired thug rather than a villain,he never spoke or had any personality.He was as if remote controlled by Loki

Calling the Destroyer a villain is like calling Mjölnir a superhero.

Its just a weapon in a humanoid form. Just an extension of Loki, the villain, that was controlling it. It hardly counts as a "third villain".

This

Ever seen a 3 villain superhero movie being correctly handled?

Superman II
4 villains: General Zod, Ursa, Non, and Lex Luthor
Batman Begins
4 villains: Ra's Al Ghul, Carmine Falcone, Scarecrow, Victor Zsasz
The Dark Knight
4 villains: Joker, Two-Face, Salvatore Maroni, Scarecrow
The Dark Knight Rises
6 villains: Bane, Talia al Ghul, Ra's Al Ghul, Catwoman, John Dagget, Scarecrow
X-Men
5 villains: Magneto, Toad, Mystique, Sabretooth, Senator Kelly
X2: X-Men United
5 villains: Colonel William Stryker, Lady Deathstrike, Magneto, Mastermind, Mystique
X-Men: First Class
6 villains: Sebastian Shaw, Emma Frost, Azazel, Riptide, Angel Salvador, Magneto

To name a few.

And you can't come back with "this guy was in the movie too little," etc. Your question was how many films had 3 villains in a superhero movie and handled them and the story correctly.

The priority is the hero's journey. In all of these films, the story of the hero/heroes were benefitted by the addition of the villains. The fact that you wouldn't consider Scarecrow to "count" in The Dark Knight Rises (for example), doesn't mean that he's not a super villain who was in that film -- and that on the whole -- that film worked.

Just saying that it CAN be done. It HAS been done. Hopefully, it's done well here.

But, like you, I grow wary when I see this many characters in one film.

-R

The issue with Spider-Man 3 was that the 3 villains had completely separate storylines that had absolutely NOTHING to do with each other. It was like three movies shoved into one film.

Harry Osborn wanted revenge and used his father's equipment to fight Peter.

Sandman wanted to save his daughter, and turned out to be the real killer of Peter's uncle.

Then Venom was just getting revenge for what Peter did to him throughout the movie. We see the symbiote literally just falling from the sky. Seriously?

With TASM2, we know that both Electro and Rhino are somehow connected to Oscorp/Norman Osborn. As long as they contribute to the main story/plot and the film is balanced and well-written, two villains will work.

The issue with Spider-Man 3 was that the 3 villains had completely separate storylines that had absolutely NOTHING to do with each other. It was like three movies shoved into one film.

Sandman wanted to save his daughter, and turned out to be the real killer of Peter's uncle.

Then Venom was just getting revenge for what Peter did to him throughout the movie. We see the symbiote literally just falling from the sky. Seriously?

With TASM2, we know that both Electro and Rhino are somehow connected to Oscorp/Norman Osborn. As long as they contribute to the main story/plot and the film is balanced and well-written, two villains will work.

Exactly. Three fully fleshed out villains, complete with their own origins and a satisfying story arc and screen time is not something that is going to happen in a summer blockbuster superhero movie. It's too much. It all ends up feeling bloated and muddled. All the movies listed, from Begins to Superman 2 had the one main villain (Rah's, Zod) and then their henchmen or secondary characters that don't need full origins or a fleshed out backstory.

Another thing is that the villains in Spider-Man 3 were all made out to be MAIN villains. That's way too much for one movie.

As you said, both BB and Superman 2 had ONE main villain, and I think for TASM2 that category will go to Electro. Rhino will probably just be more of a henchman (aka side villain). My guess is he will probably contribute to the story be introducing us to Ravencroft, and will probably be defeated by both Spider-Man and Electro together.

Exactly. Three fully fleshed out villains, complete with their own origins and a satisfying story arc and screen time is not something that is going to happen in a summer blockbuster superhero movie. It's too much. It all ends up feeling bloated and muddled. All the movies listed, from Begins to Superman 2 had the one main villain (Rah's, Zod) and then their henchmen or secondary characters that don't need full origins or a fleshed out backstory.

Great to see some people actually get it.:up:

My guess is he will probably contribute to the story be introducing us to Ravencroft, and will probably be defeated by both Spider-Man and Electro together.

if you mean spider-man and Max (before coming electro) i agree, i think electro will be the major end villian though

Great to see some people actually get it.:up:

Ditto. If each of the 4 villains got a Schumacer/Burton style back story in which we spend alot of the film focussing on their personal dramas instead of the hero, then I would worry . If its more like the Nolan films , then it can work fine.

Curse my curiosity I just had to peak at it, I thought they were just doing rumors

so if marc's shooting stuff for tasm3 (according to the site) couldn't those goblin things the article mentions be it?

So this is the second report that the Goblin makes his appearance in the film. Very interesting.

Looks like it and it looks pretty awesome. I had a feeling they would do this and it goes make sense, I was watching something on the 78 Superman and how they were shooting back to back from 1 and 2 and I had this feeling that they might do it

the glider lokks like the shape will be from the 80s cartoon series and maybe i hope we get an after credit scene of GG who even took thos????? if webb finds out who did it then they r fired unless its just an extra

Well chances are they will and will be weeded out cause as soon as the more sites post it they're in trouble

oh yeah most definetly man but this is big news cause major and future plot point just got SPOILED BIG TIME

yeah it really does cant wait to see that electro thing and mp3 segment which is legit now that i think about it cause in the set video when he defeated paul before he had the suit he walked away dancing and what not so IMO its legit

That cracked me up soo much with that dance, yeah it really does make sense, I hope none of this gets taken out its just wow

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"