The Amazing Spider-Man "The Amazing Spider-Man" Soundtrack Ideas?

Spider-Boy

Civilian
Reaction score
Post any songs you think could be the main song to "The Amazing Spider-Man" movie. Ex- Hero by Nickelback for the first movie.

I believe the perfect song would be Hero by Skillet. It's got the perfect lyrics for a superhero movie and has some great parts that get really intense for some good trailers. Here's the link, let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuyupBmHfVQ

I'm sure, if Marc Webb has his way, the soundtrack will be much the same as the 500 days of Summer soundtrack- Which is to say, composed mostly of semi-obscure, indie-rock/pop along with a few timeless gems thrown in for good measure and "street cred" (ie. the Smiths).

Hopefully there are no mind-numbingly awful covers of great songs (ie. that terrible cover of the Pixies):doh:

I'm sure, if Marc Webb has his way, the soundtrack will be much the same as the 500 days of Summer soundtrack- Which is to say, composed mostly of semi-obscure, indie-rock/pop along with a few timeless gems thrown in for good measure and "street cred" (ie. the Smiths).

Hopefully there are no mind-numbingly awful covers of great songs (ie. that terrible cover of the Pixies):doh:

I doubt that it will have simular sound track to 500 days of summer. Would be a really stupid choice really

Wouldn't it be awesome if the theme would be based on the theme that was in the 90's animated series? :awesome:

Wouldn't it be awesome if the theme would be based on the theme that was in the 90's animated series? :awesome:

There's this youtube video witha montage of scenes from the spidey movies, playing the 90s Aerosmith theme and all the moves, explosions and whatnot are in synch, its really awesome. If someone can find it post the link, I would do it myself but I'm at work and youtube's been blocked.

The guy was a music video director. His musical taste definitely goes beyond indie folk rock.

Arcade Fire's "Month of May" goddammit. It would fit perfectly in a trailer.

The guy was a music video director. His musical taste definitely goes beyond indie folk rock.

I kinda liked his Weezer video...but since when do the video directors take on (as jobs, mind you) dictate their taste or musical sensibilities? That seems awfully presumptuous.

But anyway, I am only familiar with with the fact that he had a hand in composing the 500DoS Soundtrack which is filled with the aforementioned syrupy sweet indie/twee/pop rock (and not the good kind either).

I never have high hopes for soundtracks anyway (not the "music from and inspired by kind anyway) They're almost TOO calculated and composed and the music (usually) reflects whatever up-and-coming, flash-in-the-pan artist is the hottest at the moment.

But I hope that Marc does indeed inject some of his previously mentioned musical sensibilities into this film. It'll give it more personality and it sure as heck beats generic garage rock (chosen for most superhero films. ugh).

Last edited:
I sure did like 'vindicated' by dashboard confessional. 'Signal Fire' was pretty good too.

I wonder if they are going for purely an orchestral score though (TDK)

I think they are going to have a "score". Not a bunch of songs thrown in. It would be cool if Hans Zimmer did the score for this, but he's far too busy with TDKR. I don't know, but I hope they get someone good!

No, that VH1 type music is horrible! That stuff makes me want to skin myself and throw my skeleton down six flights of stairs.

Please, if they want to elevate the quality of this film, the soundtrack should consist of ONLY the orchestrated music score by a damn good composer. You know, the opposite of Danny Elfman.

©KAW;19818500 said:
Please, if they want to elevate the quality of this film, the soundtrack should consist of ONLY the orchestrated music score by a damn good composer. You know, the opposite of Danny Elfman.

Since when d you hate Elfman?! You said that you liked both Raimi and Elfman as directors and composer (respectively) but not for Spider-Man. Plus, you said you like Elfman's Batman theme! Now you think he sucks? :huh:

Since when d you hate Elfman?!
It's been a long while.
You said that you liked both Raimi and Elfman as directors and composer (respectively) but not for Spider-Man. Plus, you said you like Elfman's Batman theme! Now you think he sucks?
I said I like Elfman/Tim Burton not Elfman/Raimi, other than that specific team-up, he's a useless composer.

Last edited:
©KAW;19818555 said:
It's been a long while.I said I like Elfman/Tim Burton not Elfman/Raimi, other than that specific team-up, he's a useless composer.

Harsh...:dry:

Still, I wanna see what composer they do pick. I'm thinking Webb might pick the composers from 500 Days of Summer, considering he worked with them. If not, maybe someone unknown? Webb is unknown...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"