• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man - Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

im not sure how they can use it without giving sony something for it

But we don't know that for sure. Sony could have given them permission, whether that would require money changing hands is another thing.

I dont see Spider-Man being in Avengers 2, as the story is probably already set and doesnt involve him, but I DO see if its going to happen, them alluding or teasing it at the end.

I think best thing and most awesome would be what someone on here suggested, that at the end You have Fury knock on Petes door, but dont let on that its Petes door, then its revealed when Andrew opens the door and fury says "Peter Parker we want to talk to you about the avengers initiative" or something along those lines. That would be a great note to end the flick on. Or even better, send Cap.

I think best thing and most awesome would be what someone on here suggested, that at the end You have Fury knock on Petes door, but dont let on that its Petes door, then its revealed when Andrew opens the door and fury says "Peter Parker we want to talk to you about the avengers initiative" or something along those lines. That would be a great note to end the flick on. Or even better, send Cap.

tumblr_lja4r1C42G1qg03nz.png

I think best thing and most awesome would be what someone on here suggested, that at the end You have Fury knock on Petes door, but dont let on that its Petes door, then its revealed when Andrew opens the door and fury says "Peter Parker we want to talk to you about the avengers initiative" or e along those lines. That would be a great note to end the flick on. Or even better, send Cap.

Why?

^ It's a real question. Why is it necessary to have MCU characters show up in a Sony Spider-Man film or to have Spider-Man or related characters show up in one of the MCU films?

Sony-distributed Spidey films can be made to take place in the same overall universe as films like Iron Man and The Avengers simply through the use of Easter Eggs and/or references (if Sony was amicable).

Because maybe some of us actually want the characters to interact like they have been for years in the stories we know and love? and not just pointless easter eggs? It would be a great realization to see Spidey stand with Iron Man, and Cap and Hulk at some point.

^ It's a real question. Why is it necessary to have MCU characters show up in a Sony Spider-Man film or to have Spider-Man or related characters show up in one of the MCU films?

Sony-distributed Spidey films can be made to take place in the same overall universe as films like Iron Man and The Avengers simply through the use of Easter Eggs and/or references (if Sony was amicable).

Doesn't need to be.This I feel is one of the ways that they can welcome Spiderman into Avengers.

I've noticed how whenever someone tries to speculate on how Spidey will join the Avengers if he will join the Avengers, they bring up Fury and SHIELD.

Why? The Avengers are a separate group from Fury and the government by the end of the movie. Fury recruiting Peter would for the Avengers Initiative makes no sense after Phase 1.

Because maybe some of us actually want the characters to interact like they have been for years in the stories we know and love? and not just pointless easter eggs? It would be a great realization to see Spidey stand with Iron Man, and Cap and Hulk at some point.

Why is this necessary? What benefit - other than fan-service - would Sony-controlled characters interacting with Marvel Studios-controlled characters offer to both studios? If Marvel wanted to establish that Sony and FOX's franchises (Pider-Man and X-Men and Fantastic Four, respectively) are part of the overall tapestry of the MCU, all it would take to do so would be some negotiation and/or the placement of Easter Eggs.

I've noticed how whenever someone tries to speculate on how Spidey will join the Avengers if he will join the Avengers, they bring up Fury and SHIELD.

Why? The Avengers are a separate group from Fury and the government by the end of the movie. Fury recruiting Peter would for the Avengers Initiative makes no sense after Phase 1.

I'd personally wait to see how post Avenger movies chose to define that before making any definitive statements on what would and would not make sense.

It wouldn't really make a lot of sense for the Avengers to have a teenager (assuming Pete is still 17-19 in TASM2) amongst them anyway. And like others have said, it doesn't make sense for Fury to be recruiting new Avengers right now either. Maybe in Phase 3 after Avengers 2, where it seems likely the team will be decimated in their fight with Thanos. It would be the perfect time to set that up too, since TASM3 will come out during phase 3 ahead of Avengers 3.

It's clear that Marvel and Sony worked out some cross-promotion deal when Disney bought the merchandising rights to Spider-Man...whether or not that that clause could go to the extent of having Spidey in an Avengers film is another question. It would be cool if that were so, with Andrew having been seen with Thanos-related comics given to him by Marvel Studios.

Why is this necessary? What benefit - other than fan-service - would Sony-controlled characters interacting with Marvel Studios-controlled characters offer to both studios? If Marvel wanted to establish that Sony and FOX's franchises (Pider-Man and X-Men and Fantastic Four, respectively) are part of the overall tapestry of the MCU, all it would take to do so would be some negotiation and/or the placement of Easter Eggs.

dollar-sign.jpg

^ Okay, you got me with the ginormous $ sign, although I believe Marvel gets money from the Spidey films regardless since they help produce them.

no one says its "necessary" just that it would be cool, cant understand how as a fan of all these characters, you would be against this so much. Its also not just fan service, it could be very lucrative for all parties involved.

Disney would not benefit as much as Sony from having Spidey in the Avengers films. Avengers films are going to do gang busters regardless of whether Spidey is in them or not, and if Sony were to allow Disney to use Spidey, it would be because they were getting compensation for it in the range of hundreds of millions of dollars. What's the point of having Spidey in the film if you're just going to end up making less money than you could have by keeping him out of it? They already have the merchandising rights, so all the merchandising money from the films go to them, and Sony most likely has to pay them a certain percentage of the box office take, or at least a certain amount upfront, to produce the films in the first place. There is literally nothing for Disney to gain from allowing Spidey in the Avengers films if they have to pay Sony to do it.

Having Iron Man fly through the air past Spidey while he is swinging and cause him to lose his balance would be awesome.

Or have Cap show up at his door and ask his Aunt May, "Excuse me, ma'am. Is Mr. Parker home?"

And Peter to reply 'You cant afford me'

Last edited:
I'm assuming you wanted to write can't? ^

If not, can kinda works too assuming Peter's financial struggling to buy chocolate milk. R.I.P Uncle Ben <3

Personally, I'd prefer Spider-man stay off the Avengers, whether the MCU can use him or not. The whole basis of Spidey's career (well...not all of it, but most of it) was having him as a operating vigilante who people aren't sure they can trust. He could save a kitten from being run over and someone like Jameson will still find a way to cast him in a negative light.

You, the reader, know his personal turmoil and that he's doing the right thing, but the public eye doesn't necessarily see it that way. Being on the Avengers elevates him to true, widely acknowledged "hero status" too quickly. Even in the comics, it took years for him to get to that status (widely known, trusted hero, well-paying job, successful life, etc)...and currently, Superior Spider-man is now the gear thrown in his well-oiled machine that's going to bring his life back to that status quo.

I've never understood how Spider-Man fits in with a supergroup like The Avengers; his entire modus operandi seems at odds with the way the Avengers operate and the purpose of their existence. This is particularly true with regards to TASM and the way The Avengers have been set up in Marvel's homegrown MCU films.

The way I see it is this... Disney/Marvel and Sony would benefit to have Easter eggs that can connect the Spider-Man and the MCU franchises together, without officially tying them in. Little nods can show up in both franchises to hint that they take place in the same universe. Both studios could benefit, Disney/Marvel can affiliate Spider-Man with the MCU, albeit loosely, while Sony can ride the Avengers bandwagon... and the fans win too, by having little acknowledgements in the films. Really, that's enough to make the fans happy... we don't absolutely need Spider-Man to appear in an Avengers movie.

The way I see it is this... Disney/Marvel and Sony would benefit to have Easter eggs that can connect the Spider-Man and the MCU franchises together, without officially tying them in. Little nods can show up in both franchises to hint that they take place in the same universe. Both studios could benefit, Disney/Marvel can affiliate Spider-Man with the MCU, albeit loosely, while Sony can ride the Avengers bandwagon... and the fans win too, by having little acknowledgements in the films. Really, that's enough to make the fans happy... we don't absolutely need Spider-Man to appear in an Avengers movie.

if you throw hints in like that the audiences are gonna expect to see spidey in the avengers at some point and when it doesn't happen it will make alot of disapointed fans

seems pointless to marvel and sony to ride the bandwagon if they won't deliver anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"