The art of Pauluz

And heeeeeere we.....GO! Watermark included!:woot:

tdkpietersxe9.jpg

http://wideawake-media.deviantart.com/

What's wrong with my art? I've noticed people don't comment on my designs as much as they do with others, yet I know my stuff doesn't look like crap.

This is the first time ive scanned through your thread. very impressive, I love the quality of you work, its all very clean and crisp. Good work!

Here's the logo of my soon to be founded film company, tell me what you guys think!

82733827ai0.png

I think you may have over-complicated it. It's definitely attractive, no doubt there, but the details will not reproduce well at low sizes and will be lost. "Films" especially is too small, and will be impossible to identify at smaller sizes. Furthermore, I'm not clear on exactly what the foremost silver text is supposed to say (initials?), and the symbol in the back causes some visual confusion against those silver letters.

A test I use when designing a logo is to ask myself if an observer could reproduce the logo from memory with reasonable accuracy. That's a fair test of it's impact and recognizability. Ask someone to draw the McDonald's logo, the Windows logo, or the Nike logo, and they'll be able to do it. Naturally not every logo needs to be as simple as those examples--everything is about degrees--but it is always useful to consider how accurately your logo will be remembered.

Thanks Saint. I'm working on it and I'm trying to keep improving.

im liking the TDK collector's edition. that photo was an awesome cover of Entertainment Weekly here

Very cool work, I like your Tropic Thunder special edition cover

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"