The artwork of 0neDisturbedSOB

Having a bit of a problem. I'm working on this in Illustrator:

untitled4564zf.png

Now this is a good size and good quality, yet upon going to actual view it turns up as this size:

untitled672ds.png

Please don't tell me for the love of god, that i'm gonna have to restart the whole thing.

I use Macromedia Freehand and I believe Adobe Illustrator is similar. If so group all the layers together, then hold the shift key down and pull the image to the size you want.

That's the wonderful thing about working with a vector-based drawing program. You can do pretty much anything you want to an image and it won't lose it's crispness. By the way, for the record, Coreldraw (my program of choice) works the same way. Grouping all the objects together will allow you to resize everything at once.

logan_weapon_x said:
Having a bit of a problem. I'm working on this in Illustrator:

untitled4564zf.png

Now this is a good size and good quality, yet upon going to actual view it turns up as this size:

untitled672ds.png

Please don't tell me for the love of god, that i'm gonna have to restart the whole thing.

It appeared large because you were zoomed in on it. Follow these steps to enlarge it....

CTRL + A = Select all

Double click on the icon BENEATH the pencil icon, this is the SCALE TOOL.

Enter a percentage. To enlarge you must add 100 to whatever number you want to enlarge it by (if you want to enlarge it by 10% then you'd type 110%)

If you don't enlarge it enough you can always press CTRL + D which will duplicate your last action which in this case will be increasing it.

OR

You could just enlarge it by an accurate percentage. In your case I would try 200%

Hope this helps....

So, what are you gonna be working on next

coughTaskmaster or Bladecough

sorry I've been a little sick:)

I think I MIGHT try Blade but I REALLY like his look from the first film....very basic, but very practical. I didn't like when they started giving him symbols and all that BS on his armor. To me Blade is a lot like the Punisher in the sense that he's out to do a job, not out to look "cool" and appealing to people....it just happens with his attitude.

Maybe you could give that back to basics feel to Taskmaster.

0neDisturbedSOB said:
I think I MIGHT try Blade but I REALLY like his look from the first film....very basic, but very practical. I didn't like when they started giving him symbols and all that BS on his armor. To me Blade is a lot like the Punisher in the sense that he's out to do a job, not out to look "cool" and appealing to people....it just happens with his attitude.

I can kinda hear you on the symbols and stuff, but I see it as more warrior code. In his mind, his weapons mean everything to him, so he has to make them look their best. It's kinda that mentality, to me, at least.

But I LOVED the red shirt and inside the jacket that they did in Trinity.

I'm talking about his overall LOOK, not the design of his weapons. I'm all about making the weapons look cool because they basically mean life or death for him so why not make them the best both in use and design?

I wasn't a fan of his look in Trinity. I liked in the original film he just wore armor with no special stylized buckles or designs....basic black militaristic armor. To me, when you start making these characters too stylish they lose their sense of believability and become too "cartoony".

It's like in Batman Begins....the whole movie worked so well because of the practicality to it. The suit, the belt, the cowl, even the car was made completely realistic, like someone could actually put that stuff on and do that.

Just my feeling on the whole subject. IF I do Blade he will look NOTHING like he did in the last 2 films.

0neDisturbedSOB said:
It appeared large because you were zoomed in on it. Follow these steps to enlarge it....

CTRL + A = Select all

Double click on the icon BENEATH the pencil icon, this is the SCALE TOOL.

Enter a percentage. To enlarge you must add 100 to whatever number you want to enlarge it by (if you want to enlarge it by 10% then you'd type 110%)

If you don't enlarge it enough you can always press CTRL + D which will duplicate your last action which in this case will be increasing it.

OR

You could just enlarge it by an accurate percentage. In your case I would try 200%

Hope this helps....

Yeah that worked wonders, thanks.

This might help..

CTRL + A = Select all (everything on the page)

CTRL + C = Copy

CTRL + V = Paste

CTRL + F = Paste in front

CTRL + B = Paste behind

CTRL + Z = Undo (undoes things you've done, I think you can undo 100x)

CTRL + SHIFT + Z = Redo (Same as above)

CTRL + J = Join (Joins 2 objects together)

CTRL + D = Duplicate (If you move something, you can select a new object and do a CTRL + D and it will move it to the exact same place as the last item you moved)

CTRL + 7 = Creates a clipping mask (read up on this)

CTRL + SHIFT + O = Outline (outlines text so you can manipulate it, but makes the wording un edititable)

CTRL + X = Cut

CTRL + K = Brings up your preferences menu. This allows you to adjust your settings in Illustrator

CTRL + Y = Wireframe. This allows you to view the technical construction of your artwork

CTRL + T = Brings up your text tool menu

That's all I can think of for now. I would HIGHLY suggest you learn these "quick keys" because it can cut your time in half.

Yeah I've already started learning them. I love this program so much more than Photoshop.

Was that blade or MoonKnight!? ;)

BLADE, I at least know something about him. Never really followed Moonknight.

wouldnt mind seeing your take on blade. great superman though.

always injoy looking at another fellow illustration artist.

It'll be great to see you take on blade.

Sweet deal! Blade! Blade! Blade!

*looks around, then runs away*

0neDisturbedSOB said:
Yeah no kidding, I was beginning to think I was part of a dying "breed".

haha, we should form a club.....me, you, and a bunch of people asking questions, haha. i dont mind the questions, but i get them alot, and i see you do too. ha, an illustrator help thread....hmmmmmm

No kidding....as long as I am addressed as "Mr. OneDisturbedSOB"...I could even write me name on the chalkboard.

Your Batman and Joker 1865 are cool. Plan on doing any other 1800's versions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"