World The Avengers vs. the Autobots

walternewell

Civilian
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where else this would go, but:

Earth's Mightiest Heroes versus the Guardians of Cybertron...who's got the better odds?

I'm gonna have to say the Avengers. 'Specially if it's any roster with the Big Three in there - between the two of them, Thor and Iron Man would have fun sizzling circuits. The Autobots wouldn't be able to do dip since they won't harm humans or humanoid life forms.

LOL like they just roll over and die just because their enemies were humanoid

Guyverjay said:
LOL like they just roll over and die just because their enemies were humanoid

The Autobots would never willingly fight humans, even superpowered ones - in most continuities they're usually under orders from Optimus to protect them at all costs. If the Autobots did start exchanging fire with superhumans, Jazz would have iced Circuit Breaker upon her first appearance in the Marvel U.S. comics; just based on their size and firepower, the Autobots could kill a third of the Marvel Universe if it came down to it (let alone what the Decepticons would be capable of).

That's not to say the Autobots would never attempt to reason with any superhumans that crossed their paths, but then knowing the Avengers as they are even pre-Civil War, it's not like anyone but Cap would be willing to listen until major damage was already done to the Autobots. B'sides, the government would have a say in what happens to the Autobots too since they monitor the Avengers' activities; remember what happened when Vision went all wacky back in the '80s. I won't even bring up what happened to Bumblebee in that horrid excuse for a G.I. Joe/Transformers crossover that Marvel published...

Jochimus said:
The Autobots would never willingly fight humans, even superpowered ones - in most continuities they're usually under orders from Optimus to protect them at all costs. If the Autobots did start exchanging fire with superhumans, Jazz would have iced Circuit Breaker upon her first appearance in the Marvel U.S. comics; just based on their size and firepower, the Autobots could kill a third of the Marvel Universe if it came down to it (let alone what the Decepticons would be capable of).

That's not to say the Autobots would never attempt to reason with any superhumans that crossed their paths, but then knowing the Avengers as they are even pre-Civil War, it's not like anyone but Cap would be willing to listen until major damage was already done to the Autobots. B'sides, the government would have a say in what happens to the Autobots too since they monitor the Avengers' activities; remember what happened when Vision went all wacky back in the '80s. I won't even bring up what happened to Bumblebee in that horrid excuse for a G.I. Joe/Transformers crossover that Marvel published...

I'm not saying that the Autobots would willingly fight humans, Jochimus. I was kind of thinking of a situation in the style of Marvel vs. DC, or JLA/Avengers, where they would be forced to fight one another for the sake of protecting each other's respective universes. Of course, I could also see a scenario where Captain America and Optimus Prime, knowing that their teams were being forced to fight, decided to back out of the main conflict itself, letting the Avengers and Autobots duke it out while they would try to find some real answers regarding the conflict, and what's really at stake.

Forget all the Autobots wouldn't fight humans crap...who would win if there was an all out battle? I don't know enough about the Avengers to really say anything so call me biased.

lol...thanks walt...but I'm not really too interested in prepping a research paper on The Avengers. I mean, I used to collect the comics when I was a kid and I read Thor avidly when Sal Buscema was the artist (late 80s).

As for the Thor comment...it really depends on which Thor. I don't think the normal Thor could take them ALL out.

Anytime, nosebleed. 'Sides, I was just wondering what a conflict between the Avengers and the Autobots would look like. As for the links, well...I'm just a firm believer in being prepared.

walternewell said:
As for the links, well...I'm just a firm believer in being prepared.

Me too...I push wikipedia upon anyone who asks me a question about something that they can look up themselves. I guess I should start taking my own advice. :oldrazz:

It really depends on how many Autobots they would be fighting just counting the G1 toys as characters (Hundreds) and they all go after the Avengers..... The Avengers would be doomed... Metroplex and Fortress Maximus could crush cities by just walking...

On a side note this is a rumored future Crossover as well with the Justice League.

From www.tformers.com

http://tformers.com/The-Avengers-Transformers-Comic-Rumored/6885/news.html

According to CNI, Silver Bullet Comics has posted a rumor about a Transformers/Avengers crossover next summer. Similar to a rumor about a JLA/Transformers crossover. That rumor was debunked at Botcon this past fall. To try and find out more, CNI has inquired with IDW and Marvel who publish the respectvie titles to find any truth to the rumor. Neither side was willing to confirm nor deny the rumor at this time. Check out the complete update at ComicNewsI.com.

I'd be much more interested in a Transformers vs Robotech type deal. Sentient robots vs human controlled robots.

nosebleed said:
I'd be much more interested in a Transformers vs Robotech type deal. Sentient robots vs human controlled robots.
Now we are talking :up:

Jochimus said:

The autobots did in fact willingly fight humans...well human like aliens.The head and target master partners of the deceptions were very much like humans from the planet nebulon.

sto_vo_kor_2000 said:
The autobots did in fact willingly fight humans...well human like aliens.The head and target master partners of the deceptions were very much like humans from the planet nebulon.

I highly doubt they were aiming for the Nebulons, though. The only instance I ever recall a Nebulon dying was in the Marvel comic, and then as an act of sacrifice (Galen, the original partner to Cerebros/Fortress Maximus before Spike took over).

Jochimus said:
I highly doubt they were aiming for the Nebulons, though. The only instance I ever recall a Nebulon dying was in the Marvel comic, and then as an act of sacrifice (Galen, the original partner to Cerebros/Fortress Maximus before Spike took over).

There were other Nebulons that died but they were killed in battle with Unicron [Brainstorm was squash]as for aiming at the Neb's I could not find any exsample's to prove you wrong yet but I will keep looking.

Jochimus said:
Of course if this happens now it will be more than like the be the Transformers from the IDW universe and the Autobots are more hardcore now. And if this were Avengers vs. Decepticons then we wouldn't even be questioning this they killed all the time. Hell I believe Fangry even killed his partner/Head. I never understood why Heores would fight Heroes.

With the hulk in the avengers he would take all of them out with a massive hand slap! simple really

It also depends on which line-up of avengers, for example the new avengers would get creamed

Clecks said:
With the hulk in the avengers he would take all of them out with a massive hand slap! simple really
So how can a sonic boom hurt a Transformer? Especially one like Metroplex who is a City... :oldrazz: Oh yeah it's called the ThunderClap...

Don't underestimate The Transformers. Optimus Prime alone has firepower to level a whole city. And not that The AVengers are slouches at teamwork, but the Autobots are have great teamwork dynamics too.

LEDZEPPELIN said:
Don't underestimate The Transformers. Optimus Prime alone has firepower to level a whole city. And not that The AVengers are slouches at teamwork, but the Autobots are have great teamwork dynamics too.
Exactly...:trans:

Transformers can always repair themselves quickly if they're damaged or anything.Avengers?I doubt they'll have time to recuperate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"