The Bank of Mom and Dad

November Rain

Single Mother
Reaction score
Thread is really split up in to a few parts...

First part is just a quick question wondering how many of you rely on your parents for the majority of your financial support. Whether it be rent/bills/food or even spending money etc...

For those of you who no longer live at home, I wonder how often you need to rely on your parents for support or to help out with repayments and bills.

Now for the rarest of all, I wonder how many of you are in a position to give money back to the bank of mom and dad, whether this be staying at home and paying for your own way.

Also I wonder if any hype members have managed a financial role reversal where their parents are kinda reliant on the income or support of yourself either in part or in whole.

Hopefully there should be something relevant there to cover most people's situations.

danke...

:huh: I'm the family bank.

When I was 16 and planning my trip to Germany I had a bit of money saved up from summer jobs (not a lot)... My parents had to borrow $1000 to cover the mortgage because dad got laid off... thankfully they were able to pay it back before the trip took place.

Since that time I do not know the number of times or the amounts of money I have "loaned" two of my sisters... unfortunatly they are not so quick to pay it back. I don't bother pestering either of them about it because I know that they simply don't have the money... However, I can no longer afford to loan them any money either (I have my own family and financial difficulties now).

As a side note, my parents have "gifted" us (my husband and I) a lot of money since I've been married. They don't consider it a loan, it's a gift, and they don't want it repaid. Hubby's parents have been equally generous, they gave us a VAN!!! :woot:

I grew up on a farm, so anything I got from my parents I as well as they just considered it payment for my work. This would include clothes and food.

My parents now don't give me anything because I don't need it, but if a situation did arise, I'm pretty sure they would give me a loan, but I don't see anything happening. They now are pretty big on giving their grandchildren CD's, bonds and such.

Completely self sufficient (and have been since about 18), although I suspect if I was in a bad spot, they'd be more than willing to lend me money if it was so needed.

I bouth a condo about 3 months ago. No its not a huge one, paid $112,000 for it. I pay for just about everything. They help me out with groceries but that is about it. I just got a small raise and will be getting another one early next year, so that should help.

I live at home but I have a job so I pay (a very resonable) monthly board and then I pay for things like clothes and nights out myself. I owe them quite a bit from when they have helped me out over the years which I plan to pay the majority back some day lol..

Im pretty much forced to give half my paycheck to mom and pop.

Vapor said:
I live at home but I have a job so I pay (a very resonable) monthly board and then I pay for things like clothes and nights out myself. I owe them quite a bit from when they have helped me out over the years which I plan to pay the majority back some day lol..
do you actually mean that or is that hopeful thinking?

Darthphere said:
Im pretty much forced to give half my paycheck to mom and pop.
No you're not. Just stop giving 'em money. What are they gonna do about it? Rough you up? Disown you? Pfff

Wilhelm-Scream said:
No you're not. Just stop giving 'em money. What are they gonna do about it? Rough you up? Disown you? Pfff

Throw me out to the cold damp streets where I will inevitably pick up a heroin addiciton and drink Slurpees at 7/11 for Breakfast lunch and dinner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"