The Batman Chronicles Volume I

C

Comic Book Guy

Hi all, was just wondering if anyone had this book. I've just ordered it for myself for Christmas from Amazon, but have just discovered that the reviews say it reprints Detective Comics #27-37 and Batman #1, but what about Detective Comics #38? Reviews of Volume II say it reprints Detective Comics #39-45. Has #38 been left out? Or was the story reprinted in Batman #1?

I have it, and 38 is in there. The reviewers just made a mistake, but it's definitely in there.

I got Vol. II a few weeks ago, it's a good read, especially for newer readers such as myself, it helps give a different perspective on the mythos.

I got Vol. II a few weeks ago, it's a good read, especially for newer readers such as myself, it helps give a different perspective on the mythos.

I've bought the first three volumes, can't wait til they get here.

Coolio, I'm probably gonna get Vol. I after christmas then see what happens!

I got II as a present from a friend for my birthday, she didn't know what order they went in or anything and didn't wanna risk getting a TPB that I already had.

I've got volumes 1-3...I think they're up to 5 now. I need to get them...and I have the first 2 Superman Chronicles too, which are also great. They need to do a Green Arrow and Wonder Woman series like these.

I got II as a present from a friend for my birthday, she didn't know what order they went in or anything and didn't wanna risk getting a TPB that I already had.

Oh, ok.

I've got volumes 1-3...I think they're up to 5 now. I need to get them...and I have the first 2 Superman Chronicles too, which are also great. They need to do a Green Arrow and Wonder Woman series like these.

I've ordered the first three Superman volumes as well. They'll probably do a Wonder Woman series, but I doubt if they'll do any of the other characters. They'll probably just stick with the Big Three.

Yeah you're right...but I'd totally buy Green Arrow and The Flash too...

Would I be right in saying that Green Arrow is one of the only DC heroes who's never had any major flaws in his continuity?

I think so yeah, he's always been a constant, but it might be that no-ones ever paid enough attention to GA to spot flaws. I'd buy the collection though, GA is my 2nd favourite behind The Batman of course.

Too be honest, yeah. I prefer the darker, more edgier characters. Superman is cool, and I enjoy some of his stories, but Green Arrow more. I see him more as a natural partner to Batman for some reason.

Once The Batman Chronicles gets up the the mid 40's they will hopefully stop. I can't see anyone buying books full of those stories in this day and age.

Would I be right in saying that Green Arrow is one of the only DC heroes who's never had any major flaws in his continuity?

Well...there is the fact that he went from straight laced Batman-Lite to being an anti-establishment anarchist with no explanation ever...but other than that, I dont think there's ever really been a huge change to his continuity.

Once The Batman Chronicles gets up the the mid 40's they will hopefully stop. I can't see anyone buying books full of those stories in this day and age.

they should skip over the crappy sci-fi era and go right to when the TV series started and he got his rouges gallery back.

Oh God no, I hope they reprint everything. I don't care how crappy it is, I'm a completionist. The idea of reading every single Superman and Batman story ever published is enough to make me incontinent with excitement. And where have I heard your name?

Oh God no, I hope they reprint everything. I don't care how crappy it is, I'm a completionist. The idea of reading every single Superman and Batman story ever published is enough to make me incontinent with excitement. And where have I heard your name?

Oh snap!

I agree, I want them all, it'd be incredible to be able to say i've got every Batman comic.

Yeah but it'd be a shame not to re-print them just because they were lame...

They put out Batman And Robin on SE DVD after all...

I wonder what the chances are for in a few years down the road the Chronicles volumes reach to the 70's era of O'Neil/Adams/Aparo/Rodgers.

I ask because of those black and white Showcase books might get ahead first and reprint the 70's but I want those in color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"