• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, everything from the trailer looks better when @Kane52630 does his magic with his gifs tbh lol

Untitled-501c039bf7c227683.gif

Untitled-15ede7e86fc0f2125a.gif

Untitled-141e0584b37e6e1011.gif

New Batman looks murky. Nolan's movies in comparison look like Disney animation.

I mean all we have is the Fandome trailer when like 25% of the film had been shot it might be a bit early to decide if the color palette is too dark we have no real idea.

Pfister was the best DP behind Deakins. I really miss his work.
Agreed. Setting his brilliant work on TDK trilogy aside, prestige is another one of his that looks so damn good. The way that guy shoots twilight/or dusk time will always amaze me.

One of my favorite shots is batman crouching on the railing while Gordon's wife blames him for his "death". Pretty sure @Kane52630 made a gif of it.

Last edited:
Agreed. Setting his brilliant work on TDK trilogy aside, prestige is another one of his that looks so damn good. The way that guy shoots twilight/or dusk time will always amaze me.

One of my favorite shots is batman crouching on the railing while Gordon's wife blames him for his "death". Pretty sure @Kane52630 made a gif of it.

Yeah. I wasn't a fan of the standard TDK suit and some of the shots (Bats talking to Gordon after the opening comes to mind) look kinda silly. But then some others, in terms of shot composition, feel like they came straight out of a comic.

There it is. man, that's beautiful.

Yeah. I wasn't a fan of the standard TDK suit and some of the shots (Bats talking to Gordon after the opening comes to mind) look kinda silly. But then some others, in terms of shot composition, feel like they came straight out of a comic.
I feel like I'm one of the few that actually liked TDK suit. Felt like it fit Nolans world.

I feel like I'm one of the few that actually liked TDK suit. Felt like it fit Nolans world.

Sure, but so did the Begins suit and that honestly looked way better. Less complicated and not as overtly obvious armour as well as the cape was over the shoulders to give Batman his famous silhouette and give him more of an intimidating presence. I get modifying the cowl so Batman can turn his head, but I don't think they should've ever touched the actual Begins suit. Like
batman-begins-christian-bale.jpg
batmanbeginssuit-scaled.jpg
bb519.jpg

TDK suit ain't bad, but it's not even close to the Begins suit and how they shot it.

Agreed. TDK/R suit was a step down from the Begins one. Deliciously ironic that the most highly regarded Batman film thus far should be saddled with one of the generally lesser regarded suits. :O

Sure, but so did the Begins suit and that honestly looked way better. Less complicated and not as overtly obvious armour as well as the cape was over the shoulders to give Batman his famous silhouette and give him more of an intimidating presence. I get modifying the cowl so Batman can turn his head, but I don't think they should've ever touched the actual Begins suit. Like
batman-begins-christian-bale.jpg
batmanbeginssuit-scaled.jpg
bb519.jpg

TDK suit ain't bad, but it's not even close to the Begins suit and how they shot it.
I always felt the Begins suit was Tim Sale esque in it's design, which is just so damn cool. And even the way it was shot made it seem like Tim Sales work come to life. Particularly with the cowl.

I always felt the Begins suit was Tim Sale esque in it's design, which is just so damn cool. And even the way it was shot made it seem like Tim Sales work come to life. Particularly with the cowl.

I just hope The Batman does something similar with the cape. I've never liked the cape just being over the back ala Superman for Batman. Especially with the collar, if they just draped it over his shoulders ala Arkham? It'd look intimidating as hell

I actually like the way they're doing the cape now. I love the classic Burton/BTAS 'draped over the shoulders' look as much as the next guy, but it has been done to death at this point imo. I like that they're making it look more classically comic-book with it just hanging down the back.

I actually like the way they're doing the cape now. I love the classic Burton/BTAS 'draped over the shoulders' look as much as the next guy, but it has been done to death at this point imo. I like that they're making it look more classically comic-book with it just hanging down the back.

I'm not sure if I'd argue it's been done to death as much as it's just an important detail that I think should always be there on the suit in the same way that ears should be on the suit's cowl. It's what sets Batman's suit apart from other caped heroes and gives him the famous silhouette. The whole point of the suit is to A: protect Bruce and B: scare the crap out of criminals. Having the cape be hanging down the back shows too much of the suit off and shows that it's armor almost immediately from the first glance. Fair enough, push it down the back when fighting. But simply draping it over the shoulders does a lot for Batman's intimidating presence in my opinion which is also taken away when it's always hanging down the back.

Right, but in the same way that the ears can be shortened or lengthened, the cape can be moved and adjusted. :cwink:

I just hope The Batman does something similar with the cape. I've never liked the cape just being over the back ala Superman for Batman. Especially with the collar, if they just draped it over his shoulders ala Arkham? It'd look intimidating as hell
The way its attached at the collar bone and folded back makes me think they at least can get it to drape around him like TAS if they want. Crossing my fingies

The way its attached at the collar bone and folded back makes me think they at least can get it to drape around him like TAS if they want. Crossing my fingies

I'm not too sure, though. Batfleck's suit had something very similar and they just kept it on his shoulders or hanging down the back. Also the crime scene with Gordon would be a perfect time and place to drape it over, yet that's not there. I think we could possibly get it in certain scenes though, like that one of Batman atop the rooftop in what looks like a flight suit or mocap suit. But judging by the design, it looks like that is meant to be what Batman's wearing in that scene. So I get the feeling we're gonna get another Batfleck situation with the cape.

Well, this week coming up is supposed to be the start of "Reshoots" lol Pretty cool that Reeves is going to have Indiana Jones in the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"