The Batman - Rate And Review Thread (Spoilers)

So Best Buy released another batch of Steelbooks for this film and I bought my copy because I really wanted one lol.
I already had my Batman steelbook, but I'm so grateful to you for mentioning this because I just hopped on over to find they've ALSO restocked their Dune steelbooks. :woo:

I already had my Batman steelbook, but I'm so grateful to you for mentioning this because I just hopped on over to find they've ALSO restocked their Dune steelbooks. :woo:
Oh wow lol I wanted that Steelbook as well thanks for letting me know that.

The Batman '22 is SO Rewatchable!

I Replay it as much as, if Not moreso than, Batman Begins and BATMAN '89.

Those 3 are Now My Top Batman films with the Most replayability factor.

Not to mention the soundtrack of All 3 of them too.:ybat::batman:

After having plenty of time pass and after watching the film about 3 or 4 more times, I feel like I can come in and give my most honest opinion about the film.

I still love how the movie jumps right in, no need for over dramatic flashbacks, no origin film, a Young Batman in his early career. Still learning but established; this was a plus for me. I loved more of the detective side of Batman being explored and liked he was still an established ass-kicker as well.
Robert Pattinson is still surprisingly great. I was never that much of a Pattinson doubter due to his amazing acting capabilities I had watched in his more recent films. Plus, the overall cast was amazing and enjoyable.

However, even from day one of the release, watching this film seems.... I don't know how to explain it or word it without sounding negative (and I don't want to sound negative because I still enjoy the film) but felt odd... maybe.... or perhaps surreal would be the better term I'm looking for? Why do I feel this way? I cannot say 100% sure even today. There are a couple of factors I feel play into my surreal feeling. Knowing this film was originally supposed to be Batflecks Solo outing. Or even more so, likely due to this being the first time that we have had Two Big Screen Batmen at the same time. Though, both big screen batman did not overlap at the box office and the timelines and universe does not cross and remain separate, it's still surreal to me with these factors, but I feel like there is still a larger reason for my feeling I just cannot place my finger on yet. Perhaps I'll figure that out one day.

At the end of the day, I still enjoy this film very much. Is it my favorite Batman film? No, definitely not. Is it my least favorite Batman film? Absolutely not. I look forward to the next chapter for sure.

Am I the only one that has this type of "surreal" feeling?

I really enjoy this movie. It’s my 3rd favourite Batman film. There are reasons it’s not higher up which I am comfortable with. I also have explanations/reasons for other things that I am happy to accept e.g. Batman is near the start of his career as a detective and his skills are not fully developed yet etc. That kind of thing.

There’s one nitpick/plot hole that I’ve struggled to find a response for since I heard it on a podcast and I’m wondering whether others have thought about this.

When Batman/Gordon recover the thumb drive and connect to the laptop, they see the photos taken by Riddler. They look to be taken from the same spot as his apartment window where he later shot Falcone.

Did Batman/the police not think to investigate the place where these photos were taken and go door-to-door?

I think we need some Hollywood suspension of disbelief for certain scenes like that, otherwise the story would never work. If you're going down the realism route, at the very least, I would have thought experienced police officers like Gordon would not be putting unscanned thumb drives with potential viruses/malware/ransomware into laptops which are still network or internet connected and not isolated. As he found out to his cost.

Multiple rewatches later and I still love the first half of this movie and really think it loses it's footing in the second half. It did not need to be 3 hours.

After having plenty of time pass and after watching the film about 3 or 4 more times, I feel like I can come in and give my most honest opinion about the film.

I still love how the movie jumps right in, no need for over dramatic flashbacks, no origin film, a Young Batman in his early career. Still learning but established; this was a plus for me. I loved more of the detective side of Batman being explored and liked he was still an established ass-kicker as well.
Robert Pattinson is still surprisingly great. I was never that much of a Pattinson doubter due to his amazing acting capabilities I had watched in his more recent films. Plus, the overall cast was amazing and enjoyable.

However, even from day one of the release, watching this film seems.... I don't know how to explain it or word it without sounding negative (and I don't want to sound negative because I still enjoy the film) but felt odd... maybe.... or perhaps surreal would be the better term I'm looking for? Why do I feel this way? I cannot say 100% sure even today. There are a couple of factors I feel play into my surreal feeling. Knowing this film was originally supposed to be Batflecks Solo outing. Or even more so, likely due to this being the first time that we have had Two Big Screen Batmen at the same time. Though, both big screen batman did not overlap at the box office and the timelines and universe does not cross and remain separate, it's still surreal to me with these factors, but I feel like there is still a larger reason for my feeling I just cannot place my finger on yet. Perhaps I'll figure that out one day.

At the end of the day, I still enjoy this film very much. Is it my favorite Batman film? No, definitely not. Is it my least favorite Batman film? Absolutely not. I look forward to the next chapter for sure.

Am I the only one that has this type of "surreal" feeling?
Maybe because some of the supporting cast like the GCPD and some of the mafia goons .. sorta kinda act over the top like GOTHAM TV Series. I'm NOT Sure IF that was Ever Intentional.

Exceptions to The Batman Himself, Catwoman and Gordon they are phenomenal.

BUT The rest, even Riddler, Penguin and Falcone, some of the cops and former Commissioner kinda reminds Me of GOTHAM tv show. LOL

I LOVE GOTHAM btw It's a Guilty Pleasure of mine. :whoops::tearsofjoy:

Having a solo THE PENGUIN Series. Just when GOTHAM was done with Robin Lord Taylor's version is too coincidental and fishy.

Maybe because some of the supporting cast like the GCPD and some of the mafia goons .. sorta kinda act over the top like GOTHAM TV Series. I'm NOT Sure IF that was Ever Intentional.

BUT The rest, even Riddler, Penguin and Falcone, some of the cops and former Commissioner kinda reminds Me of GOTHAM tv show. LOL

Having a solo THE PENGUIN Series. Just when GOTHAM was done with Robin Lord Taylor's version is too coincidental and fishy.
Perhaps that is part of it. I'm seriously struggling to fully place my finger on what's the main cause of my aforementioned feeling. Even with the couple of things I did mention, I know that those are not the main reason. Each time I watch it, I overall enjoy it, but there is something there that just bothers me.

images

It's definitely intentional, all the pulpiness. This franchise has a habit of hammy cops in particular, I'd say :funny:

It's definitely intentional, all the pulpiness. This franchise has a habit of hammy cops in particular, I'd say :funny:
Glad Im Not the Only one who noticed lol But mind You I do Love The Batman! 😅

Rewatchability is as High as TDK Trilogy and Burton's Batman for Me.

I Also view The Batman 22 as a dark reflection of Adam West 60s campy take of the character.

A modern polar opposite take of what Batman & Robin 97 was as a direct modern remake to Adam West's 60s show.

Even the cowl looks like a direct homage to Adam West cowl.

BTS did confirm this and also inspired to make it look like a human skull too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"