The BATSUIT Thread

So, having just watched The Batman. . . suit/gadget comments.

-Definitely the best looking Batsuit from any of the live action versions, bar none. I liked the 'understated high tech' sensibility to his gear. It has a look of verisimilitude, as something that was hand made, but its not the 'hockey pads' version of Batman.

-Batman being that bulletproof. . . feels kind of weird, though the movie was broadly consistent with Batman being Made Of Iron. I am not sure how I ultimately feel about it, but I can't really argue that it does constitute "Not trying to make Batman overly realistic".

-Choosing not to explicitly show off most of his gear is a generally good choice, as its mostly self explanatory. The contact lens aren't, and it makes sense that they get a scene demonstrating them, before they are used for other plot purposes. However, the drug injector at that end *also* isn't self-explanatory or standard, and it didn't get such a setup. I think that was a missed mark, because "vial of adrenaline/stimulants/pain killers/Potion of Greater Healing" just isn't part of the standard Batman mythos. Comes off weird.

Have always been on board with this suit since that first teaser vid of it released. I’ve only grown to love it more as time passes. Definitely going to try and snag the Hot Toys figure of the Battinson suit.

I think my favorite aspect of the suit is how the grappling gun has been integrated into the suit, on BOTH gauntlets. That scene where he gets the two riddler goons and does the whole spinny-thingy in the air? Impossibly badass.

This batsuit is great and it keeps growing on me, personally I would prefer if it was slightly less busy (always said caps winter soldier suit is close to what I would like to see). But at long last we have FINALLY moved away from the rubber bulky suit that gives the various previous actors PTSD.

718aad01f4bc11c7cfb955f59be43397dd1383a3.gifv

I loved the inclusion of adrenaline, helps remind us that even though he's got a bullet proof suit on he's still a man with limits. So he needed that to force himself past those limits.

I mistook the verbiage for the armor for "Bruce's" capabilities.

Really excited to see how the suit evolves in the next one.

This suit went from 'what a weird, ugly thing' in those early filming photos, to 'this is insanely beautiful' right now. My 2nd favourite, BvS still the 1# but not by that much.

similar to how i feel.
i still debate in my head which of the two is the better suit.

in terms of mysteriousness tho, it's definitely pattinson.
he really acted the hell out of that costume.
the body language and the eyes.

This suit went from 'what a weird, ugly thing' in those early filming photos, to 'this is insanely beautiful' right now. My 2nd favourite, BvS still the 1# but not by that much.
I still think it’s nuts that they didn’t give us a real clear view of Rob in the suit before we got bombarded with those paparazzi photos of the stunt suit.

similar to how i feel.
i still debate in my head which of the two is the better suit.

in terms of mysteriousness tho, it's definitely pattinson.
he really acted the hell out of that costume.
the body language and the eyes.

I think the biggest achievement of the BvS is that is the classic grey and black, with no extra details, and it kinda worked, althrough the proportions were too exaggerated.
I'd still go with it's route, but the tactical aspect of Pattinson's is so cool. I hope they don't make drastic changes in the second movie.

Stole this off of the DC Cinematic Reddit, but it actually doesn't look all that terrible? I'd prefer something a bit more form-fitting, but this is kinda in line with what I'm hoping for (a sleeker, more fabric-based evolution of the first suit):

wn3cbmyzp5v91.jpg

LOL - leave the current suit alone other to to add more gadgets, give him batarangs, tweak the utility aspects for certain situations. Also, advance the cape for flying - since the wingsuit was a fail (for Bruce) but a good plot reason/idea.

LEAVE the cowl/cape alone, that **** is pure fire. Just give me one shot of it draped over the shoulders.

Guys... this is what the ideal batsuit looks like. :o

cad8189d3fd6c2e9eb34ad0f8b82ca5186e75122.jpg

i see people post manips of the white lenses for live action batman on social media a lot.

all it does for me is confirm that white lenses don't work. lol.

i have yet to see a white lenses manip that shows it is > pattinson's eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"