The Dark Knight The Batman/Gordon/Dent team.

trustyside-kick

The Marine Marvel
Reaction score
In another thread my bro mentioned him wanting to see those 3 working as a team and it reminded me of The Long Halloween and man would that be awesome. What do you guys think about that for the second movie? If not throughout the whole movie than perhaps towards the end of the film is when they do it. Would be awesome for Nolan to put that into the sequel.

I like the idea. Makes Dent's downfall and betrayal all the more powerful.

goes without saying...it works for ever one, because the fans will love it regardless, but the general public who isn't quite sure who dent is, is going to be so shocked when he becomes two face...it's fantastic

Yea it would be more dramatic if in the movie they show them as a team like in the comics. Also, maybe since Bats would still be new to this hero stuff it might make him hold back when taking down Harvey. That would be pretty cool.

1p29.jpg

Well, here's what Goyer had to say.

"The next one would have Batman enlisting the aid of Gordon and Dent bringing down the Joker...but not killing him. In the third [movie] The Joker would go on trial, scarring Dent in the process - David S. Goyer, Batman Begins screenwriter, 2005

NOTE: It could change.

trustyside-kick said:
In another thread my bro mentioned him wanting to see those 3 working as a team and it reminded me of The Long Halloween and man would that be awesome. What do you guys think about that for the second movie? If not throughout the whole movie than perhaps towards the end of the film is when they do it. Would be awesome for Nolan to put that into the sequel.

I grew up with a portrayal of Harvey Dent being Bruce Wayne's long-time friend, and I always thought it made their relationship all the more tragic. Only recently have I found that in the comics their relationship was more "business." Needles to say, I'm resistant to the idea. While I'd be thrilled if Nolan chose to present my view of their relationship, I know that it is very unlikely. I'll deal with it.

TheGrayGhost said:
I grew up with a portrayal of Harvey Dent being Bruce Wayne's long-time friend, and I always thought it made their relationship all the more tragic. Only recently have I found that in the comics their relationship was more "business." Needles to say, I'm resistant to the idea. While I'd be thrilled if Nolan chose to present my view of their relationship, I know that it is very unlikely. I'll deal with it.

If there was one thing that really bugged me about B:TAS, it was their portrayal of Two-Face. I loved the show, but I felt they got just about everything wrong with that character. I didn't like how they made his face blue, or he was created in an explosion. I didn't like that he had an outright split personality even before the incident especially. His relationship with Bruce was probably the thing tha upset me the most. I prefer him being a friend of Gordon and Batman. I liked how after Harvey was scarred in The Long Halloween, we got to see both Batman and Gordon dealing with the loss of a mutual friend. Besides, I dont think Bruce Wayne's public persona is the kind of person Harvey would really be friends with anyways. As we saw in The Long Halloween, he didn't really seem to think much of Bruce and Selina. He thought of them as just your common, rich, high-society type people.

So here's hoping they do a very TLH-like interpretation of Harvey Dent. Heres hoping for that rooftop scene in the sequel!

I work on a TAS based vision of Harvey, so I think of him as a high roller mostly.

But either way will be fine with me. I'd like to see the business harvey as well.

Batman said:
Well, here's what Goyer had to say.

"The next one would have Batman enlisting the aid of Gordon and Dent bringing down the Joker...but not killing him. In the third [movie] The Joker would go on trial, scarring Dent in the process - David S. Goyer, Batman Begins screenwriter, 2005

NOTE: It could change.

sounds interesting i think it will be alittle different...i think two face is going to be very darth vadar episode 3, pheonix x2 kinda, where like..i think the trial is going to be in this one (maybe for a maroni, or falcone..hopefully) and he get's the acid on his face in 2, and is the central villan in 3...that is more what i want then what i think haha...but that would make sense

Katsuro said:
If there was one thing that really bugged me about B:TAS, it was their portrayal of Two-Face. I loved the show, but I felt they got just about everything wrong with that character. I didn't like how they made his face blue, or he was created in an explosion. I didn't like that he had an outright split personality even before the incident especially. His relationship with Bruce was probably the thing tha upset me the most. I prefer him being a friend of Gordon and Batman. I liked how after Harvey was scarred in The Long Halloween, we got to see both Batman and Gordon dealing with the loss of a mutual friend. Besides, I dont think Bruce Wayne's public persona is the kind of person Harvey would really be friends with anyways. As we saw in The Long Halloween, he didn't really seem to think much of Bruce and Selina. He thought of them as just your common, rich, high-society type people.

So here's hoping they do a very TLH-like interpretation of Harvey Dent. Heres hoping for that rooftop scene in the sequel!

Ya. In TAS it would have been better if they were more accurate with Harvey. I hope in the sequel they have Dent more like he was in TLH too.

dude it was a cartoon. just be happy it was as good as it was ;)

Are you talking to me? I did not say TAS was not good. I was just saying a TLH interpretation of Harvey for the sequel would be better.

TAS i think played more off of the Tommy Lee Jones two-face then anything

i do think Long Halloween two face, or just a more comic book savvy one would be better

TAS Two-Face was around years before Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face.

L0ngsh0t said:
sounds interesting i think it will be alittle different...i think two face is going to be very darth vadar episode 3, pheonix x2 kinda, where like..i think the trial is going to be in this one (maybe for a maroni, or falcone..hopefully) and he get's the acid on his face in 2, and is the central villan in 3...that is more what i want then what i think haha...but that would make sense

Agreed. I like the prospect of this idea, it'll show just how easily someone can change right when you think you know just who they are. For instance, we'll see Den't portrayal in the sequel as a young hotshot DA. But when it'll come down to the acid on his face, we'll see the side of him that no one expected to see as everything he loved will be taken away from him. His "dark" side, like the way he was written in The Long Halloween.

I wa reading mini comic book that features TLH with BB DVD so Gordon, Batman and Dent bring doiwn Joker will be good in BB2

Katsuro said:
If there was one thing that really bugged me about B:TAS, it was their portrayal of Two-Face. I loved the show, but I felt they got just about everything wrong with that character. I didn't like how they made his face blue, or he was created in an explosion. I didn't like that he had an outright split personality even before the incident especially. His relationship with Bruce was probably the thing tha upset me the most. I prefer him being a friend of Gordon and Batman. I liked how after Harvey was scarred in The Long Halloween, we got to see both Batman and Gordon dealing with the loss of a mutual friend. Besides, I dont think Bruce Wayne's public persona is the kind of person Harvey would really be friends with anyways. As we saw in The Long Halloween, he didn't really seem to think much of Bruce and Selina. He thought of them as just your common, rich, high-society type people...

We just have to disagree.

blindman said:
yup. like darth vader episode 3

Yeah, I remember feeling really bad after Anikin's betrayal and I belive that Dent turning into Two-face can accomplish that feeling as well. It'll be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumilumi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"