The Dark Knight Based On The Ledger Casting - Who Do You Think Will Be Cast As Dent?

gvcool2 said:
whats the hatred for a vain dent, it would make sense
it wouldn't create audience sympathy for the character, and the character should be seen as sympathetic. he works wonders when he's viewed as the greatest failure of Batman's career. he couldn't save one of his few allies and friends from being 'killed.' Dent being vain would work against him, we'd be happy he got scarred. it would be justified.

we need a Dent we can root for, sympathize with, and ultimately be sad for.

Apollo Dent folks, as intended by the original stories. They could draw a bit from that, not make it the uber point of Dent's character in DK.

newwaveboy87 said:
it wouldn't create audience sympathy for the character, and the character should be seen as sympathetic. he works wonders when he's viewed as the greatest failure of Batman's career. he couldn't save one of his few allies and friends from being 'killed.' Dent being vain would work against him, we'd be happy he got scarred. it would be justified.

we need a Dent we can root for, sympathize with, and ultimately be sad for.

sympathy would come from how the actor portrays him, being vein wouldn't make a person hated unless it branches off to disrespect other because of it, he could be vein show how much his appearance means to him and his career and when the accident happens we see how much he truly loses.

anyway peepz its 6:30am here and i gota get up in 4 hours so i'm off to sleep, i expect these dent opinions to carry on and when i return tommorow i wana see some great views

gvcool2 said:
sympathy would come from how the actor portrays him, being vein wouldn't make a person hated unless it branches off to disrespect other because of it, he could be vein show how much his appearance means to him and his career and when the accident happens we see how much he truly loses.

He could also be non-vein, and still have the accident ruin his life with Gilda and his relationship with Gordon and Batman, like TLH.

gvcool2 said:
actually vanity tends to rub others the wrong way in general. and it would take an AMAZING actor to make a vain character likeable without being comedic.

also, vein is what's inside your body. vain is thinking you're higher up than others.

Mr. Vice said:
He could also be non-vein, and still have the accident ruin his life with Gilda and his relationship with Gordon and Batman, like TLH.
which is eons better

newwaveboy87 said:
actually vanity tends to rub others the wrong way in general. and it would take an AMAZING actor to make a vain character likeable without being comedic.

also, vein is what's inside your body. vain is thinking you're higher up than others.
Vain isn't so much as thinking your higher up than people, it's more like you focus on how you look, and you believe you look better than anyone else around you.

Mr. Vice said:

gilda won't be in this movie, im certain of it

SpeedballLives said:
Vain isn't so much as thinking your higher up than people, it's more like you focus on how you look, and you believe you look better than anyone else around you.
thats what i said pretty much

batman7289 said:

You mean this Charles Bronson?

CharlesBronson_Typisch.jpg

I believe his dead...:o

RIP Mr Bronson.

or Pierce Brosnan?

brosnan-pierce-photo-xl-pierce-brosnan-6201294.jpg

Either way both are too old.:o

Interesting news regarding Eric Bana being rumoured to saying no thanks to the Hulk sequel. Looks like Dominic Purcell may take over. Thats laughable....Purcell played one the weakest interpretations of Dracula of all time in Blade 3. This gives me hope that Nolan and the producers may look at Bana for Dent! Yeah!

Bana wouldn't be bad. I could live with that decision if Schreiber isn't selected.

based on ledger's casting i wouldn't be surprised if they cast mark-paul gossalar(zack from saved by the bell). wait forget that mpg is actually a pretty descent actor so i doubt it'll ever happen.

Sub-Zero said:
based on ledger's casting i wouldn't be surprised if they cast mark-paul gossalar(zack from saved by the bell). wait forget that mpg is actually a pretty descent actor so i doubt it'll ever happen.
I could be wrong but I'm seeing a comment that's trying to subtley hint that Heath Ledger can't act.

you are correct sir. i felt that subtlety would be better than just bashing the guy straight up like i did a couple pages back.

so Ledger's various acting nominations and awards mean nothing to you?

damn would a early 1990's pierce brosnan have made a good harvey dent or what?

damn would a early 1990's pierce brosnan have made a good harvey dent or what?

Yeah Brosnan would been great Two-Face in old franchise.

SpeedballLives said:
Being vain doesnt even have to involve you thinking you look better than others.

Someone can be vain and insecure at the same time, they usually are.
You can be vain about your own image and not give a crap about what others look like.

When I think of Dent I see his vanity coming from his insecurities not from him feeling superior to other people. He is insecure because of his past experiences in life which make his physical well being mean more to him. He knows he has never been secure in life with anything else. He knows there are ugly demons lurking inside him so his appearance is doubly important.

He has dedicated his life serving justice to criminals. Because he knows, in his deepest and darkest of thoughts, he could become one.
He blinds himself with naivety.

He cares what he looks like to people because he is in the public eye. His work depends directly on people judging him and what he represents at first glance.

When his face is ruined he feels he has nothing left to offer. His inner ugliness has finally surfaced. There is no longer anything standing in between him and the beast of his past. When he looks into the mirror and doesnt see the perfection he once did and instead sees he has transformed into that beast he has been hiding all these years it drives him mad.
He struggles with both sides because he is still both. He can still visually see both.
The world he wanted to perfect and the world that ruined him.

And thats that PPfffttt!

Surprisingly, I actually agree with what you said. Bravo. :o

hold up...did someone just say they want zack from saved by the bell playing two face?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"