The Batman Handbook

TheOne

Civilian
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen The Batman Handbook in stores? I found mine tonight at Barnes and Noble for $15.95 US.

Basically its a book for those of us who wish to become Batman. It goes over everything from how to train a sidekick to how to use a rebreather.

Obviously its comical but its realistic in its definitions. I mean you won't become the Dark Knight with this book but the explanations and methods are realistic from what I can tell. It even tells you how to stop a guy from shooting you with a pistol!

Basically its a "What Would Batman Do" book but its a good addition to my collection. I hope you can add it to yours as well. :)

Its called:

The Batman Handbook: The Ultimate Training Manual
By Scott Beatty
(C) 2005. *

(*for those that wish to look it up online someplace.)

It's doesn't sound too interesting but maybe sometime in the future if I hear enough people rave about it...

Here is what is says from Barnes and Noble.com>

FROM THE PUBLISHER
At one time or another, we've all fantasized about being super heroes. The problem has always been that radioactive spider bites and sun-inspired superpowers are a bit hard to come by. But with The Batman Handbook, this lifelong fantasy can finally become a reality.With sections on "How to Throw a Batarang," "How to Make a Batsuit," and "How to Bulletproof Your Batmobile," this is the ultimate real-world training manual for any aspiring caped crusader. You'll discover how to:- Train a Sidekick- Execute a Backflip- Survive a Poison Gas Attack - Throw a Grappling Hook - plus dozens of other crucial skillsWith original two-color illustrations by a DC Comics artist, The Batman Handbook has the information you'll need to emerge victorious against any criminal mastermind. And with Batman Begins releasing in June 2005, and the new animated series The Batman! launched in Fall 2004, The Batman Handbook is sure to be a hit.

Author Biography: Scott Beatty is the author of Batman: The Ultimate Guide to the Dark Knight and volumes devoted to Catwoman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and the JLA. He is the co-author of the critically acclaimed Batgirl: Year One and other graphic novels. He lives in Pennsylvania.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=UH02YtOA6X&isbn=1594740232&itm=2

Sounds kind of corney now that I know more about it... maybe not worth the money unless your in for a good laugh.

I looked at it today. Pretty interesting read, actually.

The Batman Handbook looks like an interesting read. It probably would be an enjoyalbe read for any fan of Batman.

Hopefully no one takes it too seriously.

Actually its gives you a nice warning at the beginning of the book. Pretty much telling you not to take vigilantism into your own hands.

But alot of the things said in the book can be done and are very true.

Its worth picking up and reading. I've read it twice and just love it.

Bought it.

Read it.

Loved it.

Very cool concept.

The only problem was when I tried the dropping out the window, swinging on the flagpole to the streetlight I got confused and dropped through the fruit stand's awning.

D'oh! :cmad:

dusk20 said:
Actually its gives you a nice warning at the beginning of the book. Pretty much telling you not to take vigilantism into your own hands.

But alot of the things said in the book can be done and are very true.

Its worth picking up and reading. I've read it twice and just love it.

The disclaimer was posted at Amazon. The disclaimer states very clearly that no one should attempt the to take vigilantism into their own hands.

Although, how many warnings have been given about not attempting to recreate or re-enact extreme behavior or stunts yet people still do it.

Very very true,,,i wouldn't go out and try to fight crime, to be honest, i'd be killed in 2 mins where i live lol

If this book falls into the wrong hands, Batman could be in serious trouble!

From the foreword:

"So the next time the chips are down and the water's rising and the giggling hyena with the machine gun is slapping in a fresh clip, go ahead and ask yourself: "What would Batman do?" If you have this book, you'll know.

Otherwise, you're taking your chances-- unless you can ger your mommy and daddy to pack you into a spaceship and shoot your ass to a planet where you can bend steel with your bare hands."

Loved it as well. Not gonna become a vigilante though!

Has anyone else seen The Batman Handbook in stores? I found mine tonight at Barnes and Noble for $15.95 US.

Basically its a book for those of us who wish to become Batman. It goes over everything from how to train a sidekick to how to use a rebreather.

Obviously its comical but its realistic in its definitions. I mean you won't become the Dark Knight with this book but the explanations and methods are realistic from what I can tell. It even tells you how to stop a guy from shooting you with a pistol!

Basically its a "What Would Batman Do" book but its a good addition to my collection. I hope you can add it to yours as well. :)

Its called:

By Scott Beatty
(C) 2005. *

(*for those that wish to look it up online someplace.)

Yeah, Scott Beatty is a big-time Batman historian. He did a detailed History Of Gotham for Wizard Magazine several years back, iirc, that was phenomenal.

If this book falls into the wrong hands, Batman could be in serious trouble!

Exactly! What if the Joker read this book, he'd know Batman's every move.

I don't like the idea of it.

But does it say how to make an actual Batman costume?(bullet proof and all)

That sounds like an awesome one-shot. A villain gets ahold of the Batman Handbook.

Does the book include the madness and drive required to dress as a giant bat to fight crime?.

I bought this for my brother as an extra little Christmas present. It's quite an entertaining read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"