The Batman, Logan or The Winter Soldier?

Logans great but I cant bring myself to rewatch it, both due to the gut punch effect, but also the weak 3rd act

Winter Soldier is also great, as well as endlessly rewatchable, so it gets my vote

the Batman doesnt really belong in this contest imo, it was good but thats about it
The Winter Soldier by miles, I never was so overwhelmed by a movie. I dont have a single thing I would change about this.

While I like the setting of Logan and the directing of Batman, both have weak 3rd acts. Those children gang in Logan were laughable while Batmans last 20 minutes felt anti-climatic.

I don't have a problem with the third act in any of these movies, but wouldn't Winter Soldier have the weakest third act? It turns into a big CGI battle which people like to complain about, complete with a giant ship falling from the sky.

To answer the question

Logan

Winter Soldier and The Batman are neck and neck for me... can't choose.

Last edited:
Logan so easily. Which is nothing against the others, just that Logan's that good.

I don't have a problem with the third act in any of these movies, but wouldn't Winter Soldier have the weakest third act? It turns into a big CGI battle which people like to complain about, complete with a giant ship falling from the sky.

Nah, didn't bother me, the action was intense and emotional, each character had a fun moment to shine, and the Steve and Bucky stuff kind of set the trajectory for the next few MCU films

Compare that to Logan's clone fight and Batman's Riddler-incel-fanboys and I much prefer it. I didn't hate Batman's ending, but the rest of the movie didn't do enough for me to put it over the other two

Logans 3rd act is easily the best for me. Winter Soldiers is good, as is The Batmans although that one is just way too drawn out, but Logans is exciting, brutal, and very emotional all at once.

Last edited:
In combination with the emotional Steve v Bucky fight during the final, it was really fine for me.

True! I like the helicarrier action too.

Winter Soldier might be my favorite MCU film still, either that or Black Panther or Endgame.

Logan with Winter Soldier as a close second, like The Batman too but not really on par with those two.

Glad to see how well The Batman is holding up. I do love TWS but as others have said apart from some good moments it's 3rd act is far too flashy and generic.

Black Widow has the same problem although it's not as good as TWS anyway.

#1- The Batman
#2- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
#3- Logan (by a tad greater margin)

Logan is the best movie out of the three.

Winter Soldier is overrated, but is the most rewatchable film out of the three.

The Batman is a good Batman film, so it's probably my personal favorite out of the three.
This is how I see it. For quality 1.Logan 2.The Batman 3.Winter Soldier makes sense but at the same time for rewatchability I would go the reverse order of that, with Logan a distant third on that metric.

It's no question for me -- The Winter Soldier. The other two are too long and/or depressing.

Which makes my disappointment in CA:CW even more acute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"