Favorite/Least Favorite Year for Comic Book Movies

akfj

Sidekick
Reaction score
20-plus years ago it was hard to get more than one comic book movie per year, but within the past 15 years multiple comic book movies have been released each year on a consistent basis. Which was your favorite year for comic book movies? How about least favorite or most disappointing? For favorite, I would go with 2014, based on the strength of The Winter Soldier, Days of Future Past, and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Last edited:
Hard choice between 2008 and 2014, but 2014 has 3 of my top 10 favorite CBM of all time, so I would go with that.

Favorite 08.
Least favorite probably 07. Yikes just looking at that list

EDIT: Damn voted wrong on the poll

2016, no other year had 3 winners in live action.

2008: TDK, Iron Man, Hellboy II?
I even like TIH

2008. Iron Man and TDK are my favorite movies ever from both Marvel and DC, and Hellboy 2 and Wanted were a lot of fun.

2008 for sure. The MCU was kick started with IM, and we got the epic TDK.

2007 has to be the worst.

2014, 2016, 2008, and 2011 sure were fun, packed years. Of course then 2012 had what I consider the height of comic book movies (aside from civil War) with Avengers.

2016 : Cap CW, Dr. Strange, and Deadpool is the best year comic book movie

2014 : Cap TWS, GotG, X-Men DoFP and TMNT is my favourite

My favorite is 1989 because of Batman, but out of the recent years I'd say 2005 for Sin City and Batman Begins. For least favorite, I guess I'd go with 2003 for The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and to a much lesser extent Daredevil.

Favorite: It's a toss-up between 2008 (Iron Man and TDK), 2012 (The Avengers and TDKR), 2014 (TWS, DOFP, GOTG) and 2016 (Deadpool, Civil War, Doctor Strange).

Least Favorite: 2009. I liked Watchmen but X-Men Origins: Wolverine is way worse than Spider-Man 3, which is why 2009 beats 2007 here.

2016 wins by sheer quantity, amongst quality: Civil War, Dr. Strange, Daredevil season 2, Luke Cage season 1, and Deadpool? No question.

2014 was my favorite. GOTG, TWS, DOFP, and BH6 were all really good movies.

2007 was the worst. The only thing that was even decent was SM3. TMNT was blah, and I hated 300, FF2, and Ghost Rider.

2012 is easily my favorite:
Dredd, Rurouni Kenshin, The Dark Knight Rises, The Avengers, Men in Black 3, and The Amazing Spider-Man are all movies I have great love for.

Plus it has a list of great movies released overall, some of my favorites that year:
Wreck-It Ralph, Life of Pi, The Hunger Games, Skyfall, Django Unchained, Safe...

I think we can unanimously agree that 2007 is the year of the biggest disappointments.
I love Spider-Man 3 and :ff: Rise of :ss:, the rest are blegh.

Man, this is tough. Every year you had one of the really great, genre defining films, you also had something completely awful.

I went with 2008 as the best though. The one-two punch of Iron Man and TDK that summer was the beginning of a new age of comic book movies. Although films like Batman Begins, Spider-Man 1&2, Blade and X-Men 1&2 were a big part of it as well, I feel like 2008 was THE turning point where people began to really take these movies seriously.

As for the worst year... F***, I don't know. 2003, maybe? I mean, that one had The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen AND Daredevil AND Hulk. It also had X2 but the bad definitely outweighed the good that year.

2008 was my favorite. Can't decide on the worst one yet.

I'll go with 2012. The most fun time I had anticipating movies. And movies themselves were great as far as CBM go.

In retrospective 2008 and 2014 were also really good.

Really tough choice to make but I'm going with '08 because I love TDK, IM & TIH.

Probably the first time that we saw three bonafide classic CBM's: Winter Soldier, Days of Future Past, and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"