The Batman or Batman: TAS, which villians are better?

Spideyfan01

R.I.P. Heath Ledger.....
Reaction score
The title says it all, which shows villians are better?
In my opinion:
Joker-TAS version
Pengiun- The same for me
Mr. Freeze- TAS had a better origin, but the Batman version looks cooler
Catwoman-TAS version
Clayface-The Batman version
Poison Ivy-The Batman version
Man Bat-TAS version
Bane-TAS version by a mile!
Firefly-The Batman version
Killer Croc-TAS version
Riddler-TAS version

So, what's your opinions?

I agree.
I love TB Firefly and Clayface.

......too bad everyone else is better in TAS.

...I'll always love TAS Croc for one reason.
That episode (Almost Got 'Em) when all the villains talked about how they almost got Bats. Killer Croc (even though he was really Batman) said "Batman came down my alley one day and I threw a rock at 'em."

Everyone looks at him like "WTF?".
Hilarious. :D

Joker-TAS version, by a lot
Pengiun- TAS version
Mr. Freeze- TAS version, NOT design-wise, though
Catwoman-TB version, by a little
Clayface-TB version
Poison Ivy-TB version
Man Bat-TAS version
Bane-TB version, although I'm not a huge fan of his venom-upped design
Firefly-TB version
Killer Croc-Tie
Riddler-TB version

TAS completely rapes every version. Its not even a question. I like TB, but in no way can it compare, especially in this aspect, when pretty much every villain but Clayface is interchangeable. Everyone is a simple theif. Thats it. In TAS, all the villains had actual motivations and (GASP!!) personality!

meh, I don't see the big deal...

I quite like a lot of the modern renditions of characters, Especially the joker, he actually thoroughly does seemed messed up in this.

also a thing that the batman does very well is establish the henchmen of these characters in a great manner...

each one has their own specific groupies and i feel that's brilliant instead of the arbitrary two random thugs that always appeared with a villain in Tas.

I'd say The Riddler in "The Batman" FAR exceeds anything seen in TAS. Not only is he still cunning and smart, but he FINALLY broke free of that lame ass green/purple suit (aren't those The Joker's colors anyways?)

truth be told, what is reality and riddler reform i believe are among some of the best batman tas episodes....in my eyes...

Not gonna lie, I kinda dig the Joker from The Batman.

He's pretty awesome if you get away from all the set standards that the Joker is.

motivations in btas haahhahah. Most of the motivations you them are just "i want revenge for my origin and then after that i just want money". Penguin is hilarious in the batman. Most of the villians in the batman are smarter then their counterparts in tas. Killer croc being one. Catwoman is a tossup. BANE has had like 2 appearances in THE BATMAN and mr red doesnt really seem to great. He looks way to bondage.

Joker-TB has disrespected one of the greatest, if not the greatest, villains of all time. For that alone, this show should've been cancelled long ago.
Pengiun-Crouching Penguin, Hidden Batman doesn't do it for me, sorry. TAS again.
Mr. Freeze-I don't give a **** how he looks. It's who he is that counts. And for the record, he doesn't look cooler in the Matsudaverse. He looks like a Goddamn rock-candy.
Catwoman-Gosh, it's so hard to reject Blue Beetlewoman, with all her clever "That's not what THEY think!" quips that she spouted over and over again, but I have to go with the real Catwoman from TAS.
Man Bat-I admit it, I got a soft spot for multidimensional, complex, sympathetic villains! I do! Must be the whole "not enjoying bland, well-trod, cliched hackwork" thing.
Riddler-Are you starting to see where I'm going with this yet? TAS. Keep your goth-Nygma for an Elseworlds tale: Young Batman vs. His High School!
Clayface-TAS version. This was a character that had massive pathos. One of my favorite appearances by him was actually in Rise of Sin Tzu.
Poison Ivy-The TAS version is the iconic Ivy.
Bane-But of course I loved Matsuda's version! How could I not love a Red Hulk, especially as opposed to a thoughtfully written, carefully textured, almost antiheroic man with an actual motive for breaking the bat?
Killer Croc-Way better in TAS.
Firefly-Actually, the Batman does an alright job here. Figures that it would be on the villain that doesn't count.

storyteller said:
motivations in btas haahhahah. Most of the motivations you them are just "i want revenge for my origin and then after that i just want money". Penguin is hilarious in the batman. Most of the villians in the batman are smarter then their counterparts in tas. Killer croc being one. Catwoman is a tossup. BANE has had like 2 appearances in THE BATMAN and mr red doesnt really seem to great. He looks way to bondage.
Croc isn't supposed to be smart. And what other motivations do you want, other than, hey, some bad **** happened, and it sucks. Is there a better motivation? What, money, you say? Well, ya ruled that one out too, ****face! May I remind you that the vast majority of the DCU Batman's villains have similar motivations: revenge for their origins, or perceived sins that Batman has committed against them?

Ah, but I should have guessed. You're one of the trendies who hates Batman comics right now, aren't you?

SouLeSS said:
Not gonna lie, I kinda dig the Joker from The Batman.

He's pretty awesome if you get away from all the set standards that the Joker is.
So make him a different character.

why all the the batman joker haters...

I think the over exposure of some of these characters in the Batman (as well as the redesigns) are putting some of you folks off.

I mean haven't the joker and penguin already been in more episodes of the batman than nearly the entire DCAU. If not it's fairly close. And it's only been going for a fraction of the length.

PS droogie, if they make him another character, he just becomes a joker ripoff which is worse than him being a joker.

Heres my whole opinion-

Joker- He is a manic clown in the batman series and has a reallt interesting look when Batman is beginning as a detective/crime fighter. In TAS version he plays a wacky, loveable but deadly clown who always has to have a plan to act upon.

Pengiun- he seems to have a lot more character in The Batman.

Mr. Freeze- TAS has a better origin but he was drawn badly. In the batman he is drawn better. He is better character in TAS not the batman.

Catwoman- The Batman version is so much better way sexier. TAS was okay but I like my cat to meow and taunt batman more and more, where is she anyways in The Batman?

Clayface- The Batman version was lame at first but after seeing clayfaces it is a lot better. But now after looking back at the TAS i feel pretty much that it is equal.

Poison Ivy- I like to story better from TAS but she is better drawn for The Batman.

Man Bat- The batman is the way better version. TAS was okay I mean it got annoying at some parts of the screeching. plus in the batman he spits stuff, lol.

Bane- TAs it was more believable now in the batman he turns all red and is a little more Bad ass. So I like the bad ass more.

Firefly-The Batman version had me at hello. TAS was just like okay who the hell is this goof ball?

Killer Croc-The Batman i like how he is drawn, thats all I'm saying. Oh wait his accent too!

Riddler-TAS version is better drawn, he is too much like a punk, goth rocker in the batman series. Plus where is the history of how he became the riddler in the show?

the riddler's history is coming this season in the batman if you read the episode synopses...

really!?! thats going to be sweet then. I caught up this weekend cause my cable provider doesn't show the wb/cw saturday cartoon line up, which sucks. Thanks to you tube I can watch the episodes.

AirKnight82 said:
Joker- He is a manic clown in the batman series and has a reallt interesting look when Batman is beginning as a detective/crime fighter. In TAS version he plays a wacky, loveable but deadly clown who always has to have a plan to act upon.
In other words, in TAS he's the Joker. In TB he's a high school punk with a gimmick.

AirKnight82 said:
Pengiun- he seems to have a lot more character in The Batman.
Even if that was true, it's the wrong character! Before we go any further, let me state that I'm not expecting characters to stay static forever. But there's a difference between tweaking a character to make it better, and completely overhauling it. If you're going to completely change a character in every way except the name, just go the whole nine yards, give Batman a new rogues' gallery.

AirKnight82 said:
Mr. Freeze- TAS has a better origin but he was drawn badly. In the batman he is drawn better. He is better character in TAS not the batman.
Could SOMEONE tell me why people think TB's Freeze has a cool design? Maybe that would be cool in a WildStorm comic or something, but this is Batman!

AirKnight82 said:
Catwoman- The Batman version is so much better way sexier. TAS was okay but I like my cat to meow and taunt batman more and more, where is she anyways in The Batman?
TAS's version was so much more mature and sympathetic. TB's version is childish. Kind of like the whole show. And I know it's a kids' show, but that's what's wrong with it. Batman is a dark avenger of the night who beats the **** out of criminals to satisfy a twisted revenge fantasy. How is that for kids?

AirKnight82 said:
Poison Ivy- I like to story better from TAS but she is better drawn for The Batman.
Are you ignoring all the TNBA redesigns? Because those count as Season 4 of TAS. Everyone talks about TB "evolving," but apparently ignores Season 4.

AirKnight82 said:
Man Bat- The batman is the way better version. TAS was okay I mean it got annoying at some parts of the screeching. plus in the batman he spits stuff, lol.
Why does that make him better? It seems like that makes him more toyable, but not better.

AirKnight82 said:
Bane- TAs it was more believable now in the batman he turns all red and is a little more Bad ass. So I like the bad ass more.
OK, I think I'm seeing your general idea. You recognize that TAS was more believable, better written, and more true to the spirit of the characters. But you like these versions because they "look cool" (which I don't think they do, I think "sophomoric" is more the word you're looking for).

Airknight is clearly a ******. and TAs rapes everything this show has to offer.

Warhammer said:
...I'll always love TAS Croc for one reason.
That episode (Almost Got 'Em) when all the villains talked about how they almost got Bats. Killer Croc (even though he was really Batman) said "Batman came down my alley one day and I threw a rock at 'em."

Everyone looks at him like "WTF?".
Hilarious. :D

Best Episode Ever!

The Joker - How do you NOT say TAS? The personality that Mark Hamill brings to the table is nothing short of legendary. TB's guy can't compare.
Pengiun - So far, I've hated every episode of TB that I've seen the Penguin in. TAS' episodes were at least sort of enjoyable. Gotta go with that one.
Mr. Freeze - TAS all the way. Better origin, and classic look (especially Gotham Knights). Sorry, but I think TB's is just too "OMG UBER-MODERNIZED-TECHNO!" for me.
Catwoman - Absolutely TAS in every way.
Clayface - TB's version was a nice and unexpected twist and paved way for that cool Clayface vs. Clayface episode a little while back. However, TAS Clayface's origin episodes (Feat of Clay Parts 1 & 2) are classics. A tie.
Poison Ivy - TAS.
Man Bat - On Leather Wings is one of the best half-hours of animation ever. 'Nuff said.
Bane - TAS.
Firefly - I don't think I saw the episode of TB with Firefly, so I can't compare.
Killer Croc - See above.
Riddler - TB looks like an emo rocker with a question mark gimmick. No thanks.

storyteller said:
motivations in btas haahhahah. Most of the motivations you them are just "i want revenge for my origin and then after that i just want money".

That's completely untrue. A couple of villains - perhaps Clayface and a couple of others - had this motivation, but the truly great TAS foes - Mr. Freeze, Two-Face, hell, even Poison Ivy - had actual personality and motivations. That, or they were just plain insane, like the Joker.

storyteller said:
Penguin is hilarious in the batman.

Every TB appearance I've seen of the Penguin has been sloppy, boring, and juvenile at best. TB Penguin blows.

November Rain said:
how can you say, 'the laughing bat' blows???

:confused:

I haven't seen that one, but after looking it up I don't see that it has anything to do with the Pengiun? :confused:

I don't mind The Batman so much anymore (it's gotten a lot better) but I can't stand the Penguin. He's what blows.

EDIT: Okay, I guess the Penguin was involved in The Laughing Bat. I'm sure it's a fine episode, but it's probably an exception to the rule...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"