The Batman video games thread

Yeah it is a tough game. I can't see kids having an easy time with it. The thing I found annoying was that awkward system of changing gadgets. It left you wide open to being attacked while your sifting through all the gadgets trying to find the one you want, and you have to be in that aim mode, too.

I also disliked that they used the TNBA Joker design, which I'm not a big fan of with it's big black circle eyes and no red lips etc.

I never played the sequel, Rise of Tzin Zu or what ever it's called. Heard too many bad things about it to bother with it.

I was excited for Rise of Sin Tzu, conisdering we got to play as other members of the bat-family and Jim Lee had a hand in the creation of the villain. However, it was simply far too monotonous, with the same old levels over and over and boring boss battles. It had it's moments, but you really aren't missing anything.

No, was it any good?

It was fine, just a little handheld racing game. Back in the days of no ipods or apps, it keeped you highly entertained while going on long trips with the family.

I got the Batman Forever game on my SNES when it came out and got stuck somewhere in the first level. Couldn't get past it.
I remember calling the Nintendo Hotline for help but they said they couldn't help me 'cos the game was too new. A week or so later I called again but the advice they gave me didn't seem to help. I called again some time later and they told me to do something completely different, which didn't seem to help me get past that point either. I guess they just made stuff up. :)

Apparently (and I learnt this from wachting gameplay footage on youtube recently) there's some dark area where you can drop to the floor below. It isn't clear at all since there's no way to know that there IS a level below. Phooey.

Yup, and the grapple was some odd control combination of up + select or something stupid. But yes, the game felt and looked like Mortal Kombat, meaning it was stiff and slow, which is not what you want for Batman. And it had load screens saying "Hold On" hold the **** on for what? This is a cartridge game!

AVGN covered it well
Batman Forever - SNES

Did anyone ever play this abomination of a game, Batman Dark Tomorrow?

[YT]KDEVwwSE_NA[/YT]

Yeah, it came out on Xbox back when I was in college. I was pretty excited for it, and it turned out horrible. I remember the controls were terrible.

I liked the art style, though.

I was excited for Rise of Sin Tzu, conisdering we got to play as other members of the bat-family and Jim Lee had a hand in the creation of the villain. However, it was simply far too monotonous, with the same old levels over and over and boring boss battles. It had it's moments, but you really aren't missing anything.

Wow, I never knew Jim Lee had a hand in it, how sad.

What is up with that game? The camera angles are atrocious and are disorienting, and that music is horrid. The voice acting is pretty mediocre too.

I think the only thing positive about it is Batman doing those back flips.

The game truly sucked, but I loved the commercial for the Batman Forever game;

[YT]nn5ftuJOTew[/YT]

It's just so 90's. I have a bit of a nostalgic attachment to it since I vividly remember seeing that on TV back in my Sega Genesis days. The one for the hand held Batman Returns game is hilarious, with the kid mouthing the dialogue from the movie;

[YT]eFxjkuLRO-Y[/YT]

Last edited:
Before the Arkham games came around, my favorite Batman game was Batman Begins. I had it for Xbox and I just loved it. The gameplay was fun and the entire cast lent their voices to the game, which was a very nice touch. Of course, the Arkham games later made this look like child's play, but at the time, it was the most accurate depiction of what it would be like to be Batman. It's one of the best superhero movie games out there along with X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Spider-Man 2.

I wore this game out as a kid...

2l9t6c8.jpg

It was genuinely quite hard at times and the gliding system was all over the place, but it didn't matter. It was a proper console game based on Batman: The Animated Series (with the voice cast to boot) and I simply ate it up.

While it's sequel had improved graphics and the ability to play as Nightwing, the beat-em-up style was just never my thing.

Also, did anybody have this when they were younger?

28kjaya.jpg

Batman : Vengence was ridicously hard to play because of the un-level problems with it's targeting & delivery of the game, sometimes it would work and other times not, it's inconsistency was SO frustrating, but as comments are saying, to have a Batman game based on the animated series was awesome.

Batman Forever is so horrible..but watching the Angry Video Game nerd lose his mind over the controls is amazing fun.

So anyone take the hit and play the old Justice League Task Force fighting game??

-Kudos to Batman Begins game..
-Snes adventures of Batman and Robin.... grappling to the underside of the blimp was always tense.. poison ivy level was solid...Riddler and his stupid floor tiles can eat the big one

-Nes Batman... Loved it.

Last edited:
I played Justice League Task Force. I loved it. As a kid it was just such a thrill to be able to play as all these comic characters.

And yeah I saw the AVGN episode on Batman games recently and he went berserk on BF, LOL. Honestly as a kid I never put too much thought into the controls. I guess because my older brother sort of showed me how to play or something. I just loved the game. One thing that I always found interesting was how Batman looked like Keaton instead of Kilmer in the map screen between levels.

Anyway, I pretty much loved every Batman game that I played on the SNES (I think only three were made for that console) but my favorite was Batman Returns. I was obsessed.

I never played the Begins video game after I read it sucked.

Last edited:
Yet to play Arkham Knight and I had the AK's identity revealed/spoiled for me in the comments section of an unrelated Batman post on Facebook. Some men just want to watch the world burn - some of those men are c**ts.

Yeah the Begins game was really good. Very loyal to the movie, too.

I'm reading the prequel comic to Arkham Knight. Very good art and overall a nice addition to the story.

LEGO Batman trilogy is awesome.
Batman has the best track record for comic book video game from the 8-16 bit eras, and on handheld systems.
My favorite of those are Batman (1989) on the Mega Drive, it's not as hard as the NES version, but instead of the wall jump there is a double jump.
I completed Batman Returns on the Mega Drive, that game has two endings, one with Batman falling from top and is taken by the batmobile after his fight with Catwoman, the alternate is you win and cats eat her.
I never played the Begins video game after I read it sucked.
It's a solid video game, and one of the better movie based comic book games, and there are some solid fun games out there falling under the description.

It's possible the reviewer grew up on older Batman games of pure action. The Begins game relies alot on stealth, think of the Metal Gear series.

Well I LOVE Metal Gear. Perhaps I should have bought it back in the day. I certainly loved the box art.

*Bump*

Since the Telltale Batman game will be out soon.

Anyone played that Telltale game yet? First episode was released yesterday I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"