The Biden and Trump 2020 Debate Thread

RetrogradeOrbit

Do I look like I'm joking?
Reaction score
I thought as the first debate is later today, there should be a place for it...

On any objective metric of actual basic competence, knowledge, and ability to discuss issues and policy on any substantive level, Trump will lose. He makes Dubya look intelligent.

The only fear is he'll try to bully Biden into getting flustered and tongue-tied.

I think Trump will probably win, because as overblown and exaggerated as his rhetoric is, he'll still look good when he's standing next to a guy who sounds like Hunter S. Thompson took a bad trip. I mean let's face it, for all the hoopla people make about policy and all that, all a candidate really needs is that one line, that zinger that splashes across all the front pages of every paper and news site. Trump's really good at that part.

I think Trump will probably win, because as overblown and exaggerated as his rhetoric is, he'll still look good when he's standing next to a guy who sounds like Hunter S. Thompson took a bad trip. I mean let's face it, for all the hoopla people make about policy and all that, all a candidate really needs is that one line, that zinger that splashes across all the front pages of every paper and news site. Trump's really good at that part.

.....I feel like that describes Trump better than Biden.

Trump's going to be relentless against Biden. I'm looking forward to it.:hehe:

Trump loses by default because of 2016-2020. Nothing he says or does tonight negates the actual job performance.

Trump will do his best to lie (gish gallop) and only accidentally say true things.
Biden will do his best to tell the truth and only accidentally say incorrect things.

Trump's defenders will lie.

Trump loses by default because of 2016-2020. Nothing he says or does tonight negates the actual job performance.

None of it matters. People are happy to continue to vote in & support a rapist sociopath, you cannot combat that. He could be a child-eater and he'd still get away with it. Policy and humanity long went out the window where Trump is concerned.

I really don't think it matters all that much who "wins." I can't imagine a debate turning the needle in one direction or the other at this point. Most people, I have to imagine, are already pretty set in who they're voting for. If you're still on Team Trump now, I don't think a poor Trump performance at a debate is going to change your mind. And if you're on Team, not even Biden, just Team Beat Trump, then Biden's performance won't change the fact that he's the best bet of who can beat Trump.

I could be wrong, but how many undecideds are there a month out from Elections?

Biden could have the best debate performance in the history of time and the truth is that it doesn't matter. He just has to participate in this circus with the WWE version of a loud mouthed conman as his opponent because of tradition and the networks want ad money (before and after).

Last edited:
Unfortunately due to the time difference, I’m in the UK, I think I’ll be in bed when the debate actually takes place...

I just want Biden to go in there riding a bicycle then he runs up the stairs to the debate stage grab an Evian water, drinks it, crushes the plastic bottle then does a like a halfway decent white guy Shuffle dance he worked on with Obama, grabs the mic says "Do everything I just did hombre." Drop mic. Walk off.

Election over.

I just want Biden to go in there riding a bicycle then he runs up the stairs to the debate stage grab an Evian water, drinks it, crushes the plastic bottle then does a like a halfway decent white guy Shuffle dance he worked on with Obama, grabs the mic says "Do everything I just did hombre." Drop mic. Walk off.

Election over.

Biden didn’t choose the thug life, the thug life chose him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"