The Big Apple Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so insanely jealous of you people who live near New York City. I have visited once, and I was only there for a couple of hours (tagging along on an aunt's business trip). I saw a Broadway show and Times Square, but that was pretty much it. I was so excited to be there, but it felt like such a cheat. I can't wait until the day I get to visit NYC and actually spend an adequate amount of time there to experience the place.

They call it the best city in the world for a reason :up:

I loved when I visited NYC. It is such an incredible place to see. I want to go back really bad...

I'm heading back to Jersey for a week around Christmas, going to spend a two nights in NYC, hit up all the food I miss.

The just closed the main entrance of our building because the melting snow is crashing into the street. Wow, I'm really going to miss this snow once it's gone... :dry:

if you're in the big apple with a group of friends, head over to New Ashiya. for $40 (including tax & tip), you can get their special of All-You-Can-Eat sushi + All-You-Can-Drink-Sake Bombs (Sapporo Beer & Sake).

i was staying at the Hoboken W with friends on the 29th and we headed into the city for dinner here. REALLY fun time. we all wish there was a place like this in Boston where we are all from.

As if the snow wasn't already bad enough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LVypA4YzyQ

What a way to **** up your day!

my friend who lives in brooklyn wasn't able to leave her home until 2 days ago due to unplowed streets and lack of public transportation. sounds like there were some major plowing/cleanup issues going on.

also, when i was driving through Manhattan, people were plowing the sidewalks and throwing their snow ONTO THE MAIN ROAD blocking 1.5 lanes. it was ridiculous. haha

Good. You're an idiot if you think driving in those conditions was a good idea. Also, while the government and sanitation department definitely dropped the ball on the whole thing, the fact that people still decided to drive and wound up getting stuck in the middle of the street added to the whole situation.

Good. You're an idiot if you think driving in those conditions was a good idea. Also, while the government and sanitation department definitely dropped the ball on the whole thing, the fact that people still decided to drive and wound up getting stuck in the middle of the street added to the whole situation.

we were driving through manhattan on Wed-Thurs (the 29th/30th). the storm ended on monday.

Just arrived back home around 1:30 this morning from NYC. Been there since wednesday. I stayed at a rather lousy hotel on 43rd and 8th, but it motivated me to get out and about. I went with friends and had to show them the way since they had no since of direction on countless occasions.

I honestly didn't want to be in Times Square on New Years eve, but I went with them and made the best of it.

Yesterday while they went to see the Spiderman play I tried to enjoy my alone time. Had a quiet cup of coffee and enjoyed my walks through various places. Had a couple various moments within the last hour that really reinforced my love for the town.

It depressed the hell out of me when I left. I envy all of you guys that live there I really do.

I will be in NYC on Feb 4th - 8th... On the 6th I will be celebrating my big 3-0! Message me with any suggestions. I am not the part animal I used to be, so getting S-faced doesn't sound like my idea of a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"