The books you've just purchased thread....

I did this for my conservative Dad, so don't judge me:

img-condoleezza-rice_094155319898.jpg

This hardcover reference book is heavy. Don't expect to sit in your lap comfortably to read, you need a table or desk.

A Guide to Japanese Role-Playing Games (2021)
81iCKexALYL._AC_UY600_QL65_.jpg

Anyway I bought it a month ago and have been slowly going through it. It's not exactly something you read from beginning to end, it's like an encyclopedia of games and series with some articles about the history of this region's role-playing games. Whether it's novels about epic fantasy, video games, tv shows and movies, I've been reading, playing, and watching since the 1980s.

The Justice of Kings (2022) by Richard Swan

71J-DTAYuvL._AC_UY600_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

Action, intrigue, and magic collide in this epic fantasy following Sir Konrad Vonvalt, an Emperor's Justice, who is a detective, judge, and executioner all in one—but with rebellion and unrest building, these are dangerous times to be a Justice . . .

The Empire of the Wolf simmers with unrest. Rebels, heretics, and powerful patricians all challenge the power of the Imperial throne.

Only the Order of Justices stands in the way of chaos. Sir Konrad Vonvalt is the most feared Justice of all, upholding the law by way of his sharp mind, arcane powers, and skill as a swordsman. At his side stands Helena Sedanka, his talented protégé, orphaned by the wars that forged the Empire.

When the pair investigates the murder of a provincial aristocrat, they unearth a conspiracy that stretches to the very top of Imperial society. As the stakes rise and become ever more personal, Vonvalt and Helena must make a choice: Will they abandon the laws they’ve sworn to uphold, in order to protect the Empire?

This epic fantasy/mystery novel is the first in a series and the story is told from the point of view of Helena, the traveling lawman Vonvalt's clerk. So far it is very good let's see if I feel that way by the end.

9780525619475.jpg

Proctor Bennett is a ferryman, whose duty is to guide unhappy citizens from the utopian Propersa to the Nursery, where they retire their old selves before returning in younger bodies with no memories of their former lives. But when Proctor is assigned to retire his own father, the troubling encounter sends him careening off the path of conformity. He begins questioning prescribed truths and confronting the darker side of Prospera, which runs off the work of a disenfranchised support staff whose discontent is building towards a revolution that pulls Proctor into its orbit.

Star Wars Inquisitor Rise of the Red Blade -Delilah S Dawson

Just read and adored Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir, so I've bought and moved straight onto the second book Harrow the Ninth. Fantastic series, definitely recommend!

The Reign Of Marvel Studios by Joana Robinson, Dave Gonzales, and Gavin Edwards. Bought this last week and started reading it yesterday and finished it today. It’s a good book for those who want to know more about history of the MCU. A lot of informative stuff here. Very methodically researched. High recommended from yours truly.

Ranger's Apprentice book 1 The Ruins of Gorlan. Gonna start it today.

The Lunar Men: The Friends Who Made the Future 1730-1810
A Gambling Man: Charles II and the Restoration - Both by Jenny Uglow

Becky Lynch The Man. Just pre ordered her book

ordered this:

81c9zivzkDL._SL300_.jpg

preordered this:

91r00c80xuL._SL300_.jpg

I read a Arthur Conan Doyle book. I also read an Agatha Christie.
I like listening to audio books based on short stories. I love science fiction.

Didn't purchase them, but round my local area there's an apartment block that seems to have an unwritten agreement to leave all the stuff they plan to throw out by this window ledge. On one of my walks I got two books:

A Hannes Bok Showcase, chock-full of Weird Tales magazine cover illustrations and artwork.
Scenes from the Bible: Classic Illustrations by Gustave Doré.

Becky Lynch Not Your Average Average Girl. Have it on pre-order. Can't wait to read it 😊

Its been a while since I bought a book, but I think the last one was "The Making of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi", by the late J.W. Rinzler. I own most of that book series, except for "Revenge of the Sith".

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"