The Box trailer- Richard Kelly's new film

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/800/800385p1.html
Diaz to star in Kelly's horror film.
by IGN Staff

US, June 28, 2007 - Cameron Diaz has signed on to star in The Box, a horror movie to be directed by Richard Kelly for Media Rights Capital. Filming on the $30+ million project begins this fall.

Variety reports that the pic is aiming for a PG-13 rating. Kelly penned the screenplay adaptation of Richard Matheson's short story Button, Button.

The trade says "the film casts Diaz as a young woman who is given a mysterious box by a stranger. She's told that certain things will happen depending on which buttons she presses."

"My hope is to make a film that is incredibly suspenseful and broadly commercial, while still retaining my artistic sensibility," Kelly informed Variety. "I am especially excited to be working with Cameron Diaz, an actress I have always admired."

Isn't this the Donnie Darko guy ? his last movie still hasn't seen the light of day:csad:

Damn, how is Richard Kelly directing a horror film when he hasn't completed Southland Tales? He's already taken 3874769430 years on it, just complete the f***ing thing. That, in my eyes, is very sloppy and shows poor motive.

Btw, this is a PG-13 horror film.
It's already destined to fail.

I hear Southland Tale sis finally finished. I read that the cut shown at Cannes was severly underwhelming due mostly to bad SFX. Apparently he went overbudget while filming. I read he was given $500,000. more in order to fix the SFX which he has

Da f***.............

When I read the title I clicked it expecting some news about James Cameron.

^I thought the same thing. :yay:

Sounds interesting. I really want to see what this box looks like.

In my screenwriting class we watched the episode of the 80s Twilight Zone based on that short.

I can't believe they're doing a whole movie of it. I wasn't impressed.

"Stifler" Chasing Kelly's Box
Source: Ryan Rotten, Reelz ChannelSeptember 7, 2007

According to the Reelz Channel, Seann William Scott (Stifler of the American Pie series) is in talks to star in The Box.

Richard Kelly's post-Southland Tales effort is based on the Richard Matheson tale "Button, Button." Cameron Diaz is attached as the film's leading lady.

Says Scott of Kelly's adapation, "Interesting and weird. It's gonna be a movie that people either love or hate. And I kinda like those films."

:ninja:

The trade says "the film casts Diaz as a young woman who is given a mysterious box by a stranger. She's told that certain things will happen depending on which buttons she presses."

This part so makes me think of Hellraiser. :huh:

Frank Langella Climbs in Kelly's Box
Source: Variety October 12, 2007

Frank Langella will star with Cameron Diaz in The Box, a horror film to be directed by Donnie Darko helmer Richard Kelly.

Langella will play a stranger who presents a mysterious box to a woman.

Kelly wrote the script based on Richard Matheson short story "Button, Button." He is producing with Sean McKittrick of his Darko Entertainment. Ted Hamm will be executive producer.

The $30 million production, which starts filming mid-November, is being financed by Media Rights Capital.

:trans:

^^^Quality casting, hopefully he can get this film released easier than his latest one.

Damit thought this was James Cameron! YOU LIED!!

Maybe this film will be out before southland tales haha

Da f***.............

When I read the title I clicked it expecting some news about James Cameron.

same here, but now that i find out it's about Cameron Diaz...i have absolutely no interest in it anymo.

aiming for pg-13 . boooo

Given the subject matter of the story, it doesn't need to be rated any higher than that. It's not meant be filled with sex and/or gore. It's more of a psychological thriller.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=38982

James Marsden Enters The Box
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
November 2, 2007

James Marsden ("X-Men" films, upcoming Enchanted) has joined Richard Kelly's new horror film, The Box, with Cameron Diaz and Frank Langella.

Marsden and Diaz will play an unhappily married couple who receive a box from a stranger who tells them that if they push a button on the box, they'll receive a hefty amount of cash -- and someone they don't know will die.

ShockTillYouDrop.com has posted the full official synopsis for the film, which you can read here.

First Still

untitled-2.jpg

Me too, i didn't realize it was set in the 70's.

It is not based on the Twilight Ep. though. It is based of a book called Button Button. I am really looking forward to this from Kelly. Wish he had filmed more of it down here.

It is not based on the Twilight Ep. though. It is based of a book called Button Button. I am really looking forward to this from Kelly. Wish he had filmed more of it down here.

Actually the Twilight Episode is called Button Button, which is based of the short story by Richard Matheson......

It is one giant circle lol! But how close is the episode to the book?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"