The Box trailer- Richard Kelly's new film

The ending is different I believe, according to Wiki at least...

Well I'm pretty sure he is basing it off the book and not the show still.

Whats with the lag :cmad:

Sucks about the release date...

Wow, well I have been planning on calling Kelly about the Darko sequel so I will ask him about this too.

Richard Kelly Updates The Box

Richard Kelly has posted a new update on his blog, and gave a bunch of updates on his new film The Box:

• WB is releasing the film on October 30, 2009. The release date has been shuffling around a bit, but this is common with studios, and everyone feels like this is the best date for the film
  • The film is completely finished. Principal photography was completed in March 2008, and it was officially delivered to WB right before Christmas 2008. A March 2009 release was briefly considered, but a Fall 2009 release was always a better fit.
  • We shot in Massachusetts and Virginia. The film takes place predominantly in Virginia, 1976.
  • The running time is 1 hour 55 minutes long including end credits.
  • The film was digitally photographed using the Panavision Genesis camera. In my audio commentary on Tony Scott’s Domino, I mentioned that I would never shoot a 1970s period piece using a digital camera. My position on this changed when I saw David Fincher’s extraordinary Zodiac. It can be done.
  • There is more than 300 visual effects shots, which required eight months of post-production. The digital work-flow of the Genesis was essential to completing these visual effects properly.
  • Win Butler, Regine Chassagne (of Arcade Fire) and Owen Pallett (Final Fantasy, frequent collaborator with Arcade Fire) recorded more than 80 minutes of score for the film.
  • Here is a list of artists whose songs appear in the film: GRATEFUL DEAD, DEREK & THE DOMINOS, WILSON PICKETT, THE MARSHALL TUCKER BAND, SCOTT WALKER
  • The official website for the film is www.thebox-movie.com - it will unveil sometime this summer.
  • This is my most personal film to date, and I’m very proud of how it turned out.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=54264

2zozss4.jpg

Looks as bad as his other movies. I wish the film business was like baseball, so by the third strike he'd go away.

Holy crap. I should have knocked on wood when I said that it couldn't get much worse than Southland Tales.

From what i've heard, the script is actually very good... but gets fairly weird.

And Kelly decided to use digital cameras for The Box, which i'm not really a fan of.

It's based off of Richard Matheson's short story "Button, Button" which itself was very creepy and then made into a Twilight Zone episode in the 80's...

[YT]p4SYhiYUoqo[/YT]

[YT]qm3Za-SgaqY[/YT]

He should have Pinhead come out of the box and rape someone's soul.

He should have Pinhead come out of the box and rape someone's soul.

yes he should and then everyone goes to the train station to sing a musical number.

Oh wow, some of those shots look really digital. In a bad way. Like when Marsden is in the car at night.

It looks interesting . Southland Tales had a good trailer though.

I'm a fan of film, not digital, but the trailer looked sharp and interesting. And what really got my attention...for all the wrong reasons...was WB saying '**** You' to Saw, and using the SAW THEME towards the end of the trailer.

is this a remake? cause i swear ive seen something extremely similar to this before..

is this a remake? cause i swear ive seen something extremely similar to this before..

It's not a remake of a movie but yes you have seen it before. I have it, it's an episode of the first season of The Twilight Zone or Outer Limits. I have both, can't remember which one exactly but yes, it's not original at all. Shame on Richard Kelly. I have no interest in this movie as a result. I'm sure it'll end the same unsatisfying way the episode did. BLEH!

Steve

Frankly...I think the premise is a cliché. This doesn't look like anything special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"