The Box trailer- Richard Kelly's new film

I'm a fan of film, not digital, but the trailer looked sharp and interesting. And what really got my attention...for all the wrong reasons...was WB saying '**** You' to Saw, and using the SAW THEME towards the end of the trailer.

And I actually love the use of the Saw theme for the trailer. I think it fits the whole tone of the trailer perfectly.

Wow! This movie looks great. Im one of the few who actually liked Southland Tales its such a misunderstood work of art. Huge Richard Kelly fan and not just cuz of the Darko hype. Kelly is one of the few filmmakers out there today whos originality and sense of satirical storytelling just astounds me. I cant understand why so many people give him so much ****. Anyways this movie looks great and I love seeing them adapt Button, Button. Really coulda done without the Saw music but meh I dont see movies for the music. Although it did kinda fit the trailer

Color me interested. I liked Donnie Darko, Frank Langella is one of my favorite actors and the trailer looked weird in a good way.

is this a remake? cause i swear ive seen something extremely similar to this before..
It's not a remake of a movie but yes you have seen it before. I have it, it's an episode of the first season of The Twilight Zone or Outer Limits. I have both, can't remember which one exactly but yes, it's not original at all. Shame on Richard Kelly. I have no interest in this movie as a result. I'm sure it'll end the same unsatisfying way the episode did. BLEH!

Steve
It was Twilight Zone: http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0734727/

It's not a remake of a movie but yes you have seen it before. I have it, it's an episode of the first season of The Twilight Zone or Outer Limits. I have both, can't remember which one exactly but yes, it's not original at all. Shame on Richard Kelly. I have no interest in this movie as a result. I'm sure it'll end the same unsatisfying way the episode did. BLEH!

Steve

that must be that... i am a big twilight zone watcher myself

My thoughts on the trailer:

Cameron Diaz is a thoroughly unattractive woman.
Frank Langela sounds like Christopher Lee.
Donnie Darko's dad plays a cop in this.

I'll check it out if it goes wide.

The Box comic con conference is underway and Cameron Diaz managed to ruin the film's twist within 5 minutes (from firstshowing's twitter: "Cameron Diaz just ruined The Box! She just started talking and spoiled the big plot twist and who/what shows up later on!") :up: Here's her reveal, SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER...

Oh, and Diaz says there are men from Mars who are the ones giving them the box to push the button. Who knew? Matians!

Quick notes from the conference by JoBlo

11:23
Next up.... Richard Kelly!
11:23
Here comes THE BOX, baby! I can't wait to see Cameron Diaz!
11:24
Kelly comes out, stoked to be here and pimp a new clip from the BOX. 4.5 minutes worth!
11:29
I think we're gonna have another winner with this one!
11:30
Cameron Diaz and James Marsden enter, and the crowd goes nuts. Cameron may be cuter in person than on the TV. That said, she's the worst part of the trailer/clip we just watched.
11:31
They're talking about the original story, and why they picked the 70s timeframe. They chose it cause you can't kill someone random today cause of Google. But in 70s, that could happen.
11:32

Marsden wanted to work with Cameron and Richard, and really dug the simple question of the story. The moral test of it all is what attracted to him to the project.
11:33
[BLACKOUT] Oh, and Diaz says there are men from Mars who are the ones giving them the box to push the button. Who knew? Matians![/BLACKOUT]
11:34
My ass is sore for sitting for so long in these uncomfortables seats.
11:35
The trailer/clip, btw, was rockin'! More than just the trailer, some weird water sequences, some dream sequences, sequences where they're getting *****ed up left and right.
11:35
Q&A!
11:36
Will you marry me Cameron? from the crowd...she says YES! WHERE ARE YOU??? Hahaha
11:38
Cameron and Marsden play Kelly's parents in the film. There's absolutely no swearing in the entire film.
11:38
Dude comes up and proclaims his love for Cameron, crushing her since THE MASK. She was hot in that, wasn't she....
11:39
Cameron grew up on SciFi, so she's stoked to be apart of this. She says this movie is Kubrick-esque, Hitchcock-esque. Very cool TWILIGHT ZONE style going on.
11:41
Chick asks what Cameron and James favorite fim they've ever done. Cameron says that's a crazy quesion, like who's your favorite kid. So yeah, they don't really answer it.
11:42
James? Superman 2? You in it? He doesn't know **** about it.
11:42
Dude asks a question with some **** on his ear SOMETHING ABOUT MARY style. Crowd gets it, Cameron doesn't.
11:43
Cameron was stoked on the question, but couldn't understand why everyone was asking.
11:44
Kelly wants one of his movies to make more than $1m at the box office. THE BOX will probabl be it.
11:45

Someone has the poster under one seat in Hall H.People are looking. Someone thinks they found it, and that person gets the actual BOX from the film, autographed by the cast. AWESOME!
11:46
This chick is stoked as hell. She needs to push the button.She does. Crowd goes wild. And she gets to keep it. LUCKY!!!!
11:47
And that's it for THE BOX... Cameron and her hotness leaves the stage.

The Box comic con conference is underway and Cameron Diaz managed to ruin the film's twist within 5 minutes (from firstshowing's twitter: "Cameron Diaz just ruined The Box! She just started talking and spoiled the big plot twist and who/what shows up later on!") :up: Here's her reveal, SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER...

Oh, and Diaz says there are men from Mars who are the ones giving them the box to push the button. Who knew? Matians!

Quick notes from the conference by JoBlo
sounds interesting, but usually when
aliens
are the plot twist i end up severely disappointed. :o

Oh, so they were aliens after all? That's cool. [blackout]I was torn between aliens and God, because there was talk of afterlife and I was like why would aliens test humans and teach them about afterlife. Still don't get why, but definitely better than God.[/blackout]

It does look good.

Since the lead actor in the film...whos name is above the title...is using a important information about a plot point to promote the movie, I believe it stops becoming a spoiler and becomes a part of the promotional campaign. Thus, I feel its unnecessary to use spoiler tags about this info.

My 1 cent

Awesome movie. Y'all not supportive. :mad:

Just returned from it.
I'm baffled why this movie bombed. 'For me the movie was a near perfect movie . I'd give it a 9/10 ( loses a point for the dodgy VFX). The movie kept my attention without being too pretentious. The plot made sense ( which is something that i can't say of Donnie Darko).

Richard Kelly hasn't had a decent theatrical release ever.

Happened with Donnie Darko, again with Southland Tales, and once again with The Box.

My favorite is still Southland Tales (especially the Cannes cut), but dAmmn this movie was amazing. It was so creepy on a psychological level, and it looked beautiful.

SWIM downloaded a torrent, and gave it to me on my iPod. :o

SWIM downloaded a torrent, and gave it to me on my iPod. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"