• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Break-Up

Calvin

Muchas smooches
Reaction score
Color me surprised. I rented it for hangover-fodder, expecting nothing but fluff, nothing to engage any sort of actual emotional response. As the movie went on, I was thinking how neat it would be if it were setting up for something real, but knew it wouldn't ever go that route in the end, and was just sort of waiting for the shoe to drop. I gotta say I was pretty impressed with where it went in the end. I certainly didn't expect it to end up melancholy and sobering the way it did. Anyone actually catch this? I know it had skip written all over it, but I think it did a hell of a job bucking the usual rom-com formula by the time the movie ends.

i thought it was going to be a comedy. honestly though the performances weren't bad but it wasn't the movie i was expecting. it was...ok

JoLiE_MeNdEz said:
i thought it was going to be a comedy. honestly though the performances weren't bad but it wasn't the movie i was expecting. it was...ok
That's why I feel bad for the movie, I've heard that reaction a lot. People seeing it expecting it to be cookie-cutter, didn't get what they wanted. The kind of people that would love the realistic-take on this stuff, something that would buck the usual formula, probably skipped it, like I almost did. The movie is actually very well done, almost along the lines of a Before Sunset. It really deserves a lot of credit.

It was a good comedy because it didn't lead to a corny ending. Really funny and it had some great moments that were sad.

i liked the film alot, thats how some relationships truely end up. the film deserves alot of credit then people give it.

I am so glad to see that I'm not the only one on the internet who enjoyed this movie.

I don't understand how some people can say that it wasn't the movie they expected? the movie never advertized for it's self as Wedding Crashers 2 and if you expected that it's your own fault. I found it to be funny, heartbreaking and completely real.

I SEE SPIDEY said:
I am so glad to see that I'm not the only one on the internet who enjoyed this movie.

I don't understand how some people can say that it wasn't the movie they expected? the movie never advertized for it's self as Wedding Crashers 2 and if you expected that it's your own fault. I found it to be funny, heartbreaking and completely real.
Actually, it pretty much did advertise as a cookie-cutter romcom. I certainly planned to skip it, and I don't blame anyone who did. It looked like utter fluff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"