Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=21804
Warner Bros. Picks Rose
Source: Variety
July 9, 2007

Warner Bros. Pictures has bought big screen rights to David Morrell's The Brotherhood of the Rose, an espionage novel previously developed into an NBC miniseries in the late 1980s. Variety says Basil Iwanyk is producing for Thunder Road.

The story centers on two orphans raised by a CIA operative to be assassins, only to become targets themselves. The book was first published in 1984, with the NBC miniseries following five years later. The two-parter starred Robert Mitchum, Peter Strauss and Connie Sellecca.

Morrell also wrote "First Blood," the novel that introduced John Rambo, the character Sylvester Stallone made famous on the big screen.

Anyone read the book ?

I remember the miniseries. It was a little weird for me seeing various New Zealand landmarks, mostly around Auckland, pretending to be places in America, but after Hercules, Xena, Bridge to Teribithia and other stuff I think I'm getting used to that now. :woot:

Anyway, expect a tale to remind you of the Bourne movies. Covert operatives on the run from the agency, betrayal, a family of assassins turning their guns on eachother, shootouts, car chases and naturally a love interest thrown in for the sake a story cliche. It's a decent enough story though. Worth a look if you like things like Bourne Identity.

Damn, that sounds hard core.
Reminds me a bit of the Wes Craven book "Fountain Society", just a little.

I remember the miniseries. It was a little weird for me seeing various New Zealand landmarks, mostly around Auckland, pretending to be places in America, but after Hercules, Xena, Bridge to Teribithia and other stuff I think I'm getting used to that now. :woot:

Anyway, expect a tale to remind you of the Bourne movies. Covert operatives on the run from the agency, betrayal, a family of assassins turning their guns on eachother, shootouts, car chases and naturally a love interest thrown in for the sake a story cliche. It's a decent enough story though. Worth a look if you like things like Bourne Identity.

Thanks for the info,i do like stuff like Bourne and if this is in that vein then i'm looking forward to it,any opinion on who would be good casting for the leads ?

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117999286.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Channing Tatum plucks 'Rose'
Dito Montiel to write and direct 'Brotherhood'

Channing Tatum has been tapped to star in, and Dito Montiel to write and direct "The Brotherhood of the Rose," an adaptation of the David Morrell novel for Warner Bros.

Basil Iwanyk is producing through his Thunder Road banner.

Montiel is rewriting an earlier draft from Adam Cozad. In the novel, two orphans are raised by a CIA operative to become assassins, only to become targets themselves.

The book was previously adapted as a two-part NBC miniseries that starred Robert Mitchum.

I remember the mini-series. I thought the concept was very intriguing in the face of Cold War politics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"