The Guinness Book of World Records: The Movie

:eek:

Superhero
Reaction score
Warner Bros. has plans to adapt The Guinness Book of World Records into a feature film, Deadline reports. "The Office" writer Danny Chun has been brought aboard to turn the non-fiction book into an adventure narrative.

The book's history is described on its official site as follows:

The 55-year history of Guinness World Records began with a single question, the type that has been repeated millions of times at dinner parties, pubs, classrooms and work places across the globe.

During a shooting party in County Wexford, Ireland, in 1951, Sir Hugh Beaver - then Managing Director of the Guinness Brewery - asked a simple question: what was Europe's fastest game bird? Despite a heated argument and an exhaustive search within the host's reference library the answer could not be found.

Sir Hugh realized that similar questions were going unanswered all around the world, and that a definitive book containing superlative facts and answers would be of great use to the general public. With the help of the London-based fact-finding twins Norris and Ross McWhirter, he set about bringing this definitive collection of superlative facts to reality. On 27 August 1955, the first edition of "The Guinness Book of Records" was bound and, by Christmas that year, became Britain's number one bestseller.

The feature film version will be produced by Basil Iwanyk, Sean Sorenson and Matthew Cullen.

:facepalm:

I'll wait for "Dictionary: The Movie."

I guess Battleship taught Hollywood nothing. Here we go again.

As silly as this seems it at least has a seemingly coherent plot, probably have to change the title so people laugh their ass off initially.

Personally would've preferred a movie about some dude trying to break as much records as possible.

I can see this as a documentary... but an action film?

Ya makes no sense for a regular movie. As a docu on the creator or records from the book makes much better sense.

I can see this as a documentary... but an action film?

Not an action film. An adventure film. There is a difference. Though I'm still having trouble seeing where a movie is within the book.

Could be like that movie they were developing a while back about Ripley from "Ripley's Believe it or Not." Only in this case it would probably be about some record keeper traveling the world and meeting people doing crazy things and going to strange places to find new records. I could see it working as an adventure movie in the sense that the adventure is discovering the beauty and uniqueness in strange individuals.

:facepalm:

I'll wait for "Dictionary: The Movie."

I guess Battleship taught Hollywood nothing. Here we go again.

That can be a whole trilogy.

Dictonary: The Movie
Dictionary: Rise of the Thesaurus
Dictionary: Curse of the Audubon Book of Birds

I think we have documentaries that essentially work as a GBOWR movie...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"