The Avengers The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if all The Avengers have a one on one fight with Loki.

I think he only has a confrontation with The Big Four (Cap,
IronMan, Thor and Hulk)

Which makes sense since I can't see Hawkeye or Black Widow realistically giving Loki a decent match without making viewers go "pfff, yeah right".

Brute strength vs intellect and magic, I agree it should be quite awesome indeed. :woot:

I look forward to seeing how they shot it as a real life person vs a CGI creation can be difficult, but I thought they did a good job with Hulk vs Blonsky and they have a lot more scope for things they can do with Loki vs Hulk.

I look forward to seeing how they shot it as a real life person vs a CGI creation can be difficult, but I thought they did a good job with Hulk vs Blonsky and they have a lot more scope for things they can do with Loki vs Hulk.

I think Hiddleston said something about fighting someone in a mo-cap suit which will be Hulk once the effects are added, I thought they did a goodjob on Blonsky vs Hulk as well.

I think Hiddleston said something about fighting someone in a mo-cap suit which will be Hulk once the effects are added, I thought they did a goodjob on Blonsky vs Hulk as well.

Ah, I hadn't read that. With Loki's abilities it should make for a unique battle, Hulk's power vs Loki's intelligence and magic should create a great dynamic.

Ah, I hadn't read that. With Loki's abilities it should make for a unique battle, Hulk's power vs Loki's intelligence and magic should create a great dynamic.

I really would like to see Loki teleporting rapidly to evade Hulk's attacks and using energy protection to attack from long range.

I wonder if they'll show Hulk breaking through some of Loki's magic, he's been known to do it before.

I think it'll be really interesting when Cap takes on Loki as up to now the only person to challenge him physically was Red Skull and they were pretty much equal, Loki should be way beyond him, Cap's reaction to someone being that much superior to him should be great to see.

I wonder if they'll show Hulk breaking through some of Loki's magic, he's been known to do it before.

Breaking through what exactly, force fields, mind control, hypnosis?

I really would like to see Loki teleporting rapidly to evade Hulk's attacks and using energy protection to attack from long range.

I think you'll see that as Loki is too smart to get in close and go toe to toe with Hulk.

I think it'll be really interesting when Cap takes on Loki as up to now the only person to challenge him physically was Red Skull and they were pretty much equal, Loki should be way beyond him, Cap's reaction to someone being that much superior to him should be great to see.

I think that will be another interesting layer in Cap coming to terms throughout the movie with how much things have changed.

Breaking through what exactly, force fields, mind control, hypnosis?

Force fields and mind control would be great, if I had to choose one though I'd go for the mind control, we know Hulk will have lots of physical feats in the movie, it would be great to see that his mind is just as strong.

Force fields and mind control would be great, if I had to choose one though I'd go for the mind control, we know Hulk will have lots of physical feats in the movie, it would be great to see that his mind is just as strong.

Good point, with that being said I would definately like to see Hulk break through a form of mind control from Loki at some point in the film.

Hey all! Huge Cap fan here! He's definitely my favorite Avenger. But just a quick question I had, since I really haven't read any of Cap's comics.

Let me get this straight, so Cap is just a human being at maximum strength, agility, etc, and of course his heart and courage and leadership. But how can he really compare to the likes of Hulk, Thor, and Iron man?

I always hear big three or big four, and I know he's the leader, but strictly physically speaking what is he really capable of doing? Like how does he fight? Surely he can't do anything big like the other three?

Even in the trailer, we haven't really seen him fighting, just doing some parkour. And in TFA, he just did hand-to-hand combat with some soldiers and the Red Skull (which was awesome, no doubt).

So my basic question is, what is Captain America really capable of, powers/physically? What separates him from the "weak" Avengers like BW or Hawkeye?

Hey all! Huge Cap fan here! He's definitely my favorite Avenger. But just a quick question I had, since I really haven't read any of Cap's comics.

Let me get this straight, so Cap is just a human being at maximum strength, agility, etc, and of course his heart and courage and leadership. But how can he really compare to the likes of Hulk, Thor, and Iron man?

I always hear big three or big four, and I know he's the leader, but strictly physically speaking what is he really capable of doing? Like how does he fight? Surely he can't do anything big like the other three?

Even in the trailer, we haven't really seen him fighting, just doing some parkour. And in TFA, he just did hand-to-hand combat with some soldiers and the Red Skull (which was awesome, no doubt).

So my basic question is, what is Captain America really capable of, powers/physically? What separates him from the "weak" Avengers like BW or Hawkeye?

He's nowhere near the likes of Thor, Hulk, or IM in terms of power but he's at the peak of human abilities which means he's stronger, faster, more agile, and more durable than any human on earth.

So he's ALOT stronger, faster, more agile, and more durable than Hawkeye and Black Widow and he's one of the best hand to hand fighters in the entire Marvel Universe.

Cap's basically a gold medal level Olympics athlete in every category. So he's as strong as the strongest weight lifter, he's as agile as the best gymnast, as fast as the quickest sprinter etc. Like imagine he was in the Olympics, he'd break records in every category.

He's also got a brilliant tactical mind. And if anyone noticed in TFA, he seems to have a photographic memory. He remembered the locations of Red Skull's factories after just a quick glance at the map. Which was a great way of showing that the serum enhanced his mind as well as body.

Cap's basically a gold medal level Olympics athlete in every category. So he's stronger than the strongest weight lifter, he's more agile than the best gymnast, faster than the quickest sprinter etc. Like imagine he was in the Olympics, he'd break records in every category.

He's also got a brilliant tactical mind. And if anyone noticed in TFA, he seems to have a photographic memory. He remembered the locations of Red Skull's factories after just a quick glance at the map. Which was a great way of showing that the serum enhanced his mind as well as body.

Fixed, oh and yeah Cap's minds works at peak human levels just like the rest of his body.

In the comics Cap was able to dodge a bullet at close range using his enhanced reflexes and heightened thought process.

Cap's basically a gold medal level Olympics athlete in every category. So he's as strong as the strongest weight lifter, he's as agile as the best gymnast, as fast as the quickest sprinter etc. Like imagine he was in the Olympics, he'd break records in every category.

And his shield is a mighty weapon that he uses quite well in combat .

Yeah Cap's shield is made out of "vibranium" the strongest metal in the Marvel Universe, it's even more durable than Thor's hammer.

So to answer the real question: Yes, CAP's gonna hold his own with the big boys.

The strongest weight lifter on the planet couldn't toss a guy over a huge tank like Cap did in CA:TFA. It's clear he's quite a bit more powerful than that. He's a cut above any Olympian in any event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"