Dark Phoenix The Car Slayer is Back! Olivia Munn is Psylocke!

forgot the second part of your quote, yeah, you are totally right, lol.
and its sad. still waiting for a comic accurate Rogue, costume and all. but maybe in 10 years

We'll get it one day. I'm still dreaming. ;)

Aren't we getting a very young Rogue in DP?

Apparently no, the little girl that was seeing in that video (that I couldn't find) and was named Marie could have been auditioning for the role of young Jean Grey but failed. Her age and colors match with Summer Fontana (the one that finally got it).

Interesting! I thought it was baby Rogue too, but it doesn't make sense to explore her childhood if we have never even seen her superhero form in all its glory. In other words, it would make more sense to present an adult version of Rogue & Gambit first and then maybe give more development to the child that we all already fell in love with in Logan.

But this film's about Jean Grey (whom we all know sort of well) in the past with flashbacks that take us further into the past to meet baby Jean. Makes sense.

Last edited:
As a Rogue fan I hope Rogue is as far away from this movie as possible.

Besides there are other X-men characters more important to The Dark Phoenix storyline than Rogue.

As a Rogue fan I hope Rogue is as far away from this movie as possible.

Besides there are other X-men characters more important to The Dark Phoenix storyline than Rogue.

yeah, and specially written by the great Simon Kinberg.
no thanks, we already saw what you did with her. twice. in 2006 and in 2014. Just keep it away

If we are lucky enough, the Dark PhoeniX sequel would be set in 2003, possibly reintroducing Rogue, Iceman, Kitty, Colossus and the Wolverine. :o X2 inspired roster but directed by Kinberg.

^ God forbid they read that! :doh: I suspect they aren't keeping an eye on the forums because we've been pretty nasty lately and they know that no marketing or news = unhappy fans. Days of Future Past was on a whole other level: the original cast + news and material every other week? Hell yeah, that hype meter was way high!

I have a feeling Kinfberg's only temporarily standing in for Singer and has a well-deserved break coming to him. These delays prove it's too much to handle for one man! Let's give him the benefit of the doubt this time around, but hope they find Singer's replacement soon.

If Fox continues, they need a seasoned director to put together a universe and they do desperately need a mature team in the present. You can't have a bunch of spinoffs and prequels featuring a cast comprised mostly of aspiring actors in their early 20s. You need a solid X-Men team of 30, 40 and 50 something year olds to make your main installments like the Avengers universe does, that should be the backbone of an X-Men franchise and set in the present or near future.

They need to pick up where Logan left off and bring the X-Men back together. Marsden's too expensive or busy? Fine! Recast. He was masked behind his visor most of the time. You've got McKellen, Keen, Brolin, Paquin, Page, Omar Sy, Fan Binbing, the actor portraying Colossus currently, plus a wealth of other characters to recast and explore like Emma Frost, Gambit, Sinister, Beast, etc.

Last edited:
I think he reads the forums for ideas and to please fans

Sad that he misses the days we say/ask for real development of the actual X-Men, instead of just an action role with 3 lines or random cameo breaking the continuity in the process

If only he read all those 1000 something comments... :|

I think he reads the forums for ideas and to please fans

And only to waste Doom, Psylocke, Angel, Jubilee, Storm in the scripts that he co wrote. There's not a lot of fan service in his scripts. So I hardly doubt it. And if he does, that only makes things worse, if he reads the fan's posts in a forum only to fail in delivering.

Why is this thread here? Is Pyslocke even in the movie?

she likely filmed something (reading her interview from last year), but from inside word here and there, seems she got cut, because those who watched the screenings didnt see her.

are you surprised?
me not

she likely filmed something (reading her interview from last year), but from inside word here and there, seems she got cut, because those who watched the screenings didnt see her.

are you surprised?
me not

Maybe Kinberg is such a noob he pointed the camera the wrong way during her scenes. She shot but there's no footage.

are you surprised?
me not
No. She was a nothing character in Apocalypse.

Maybe Kinberg is such a noob he pointed the camera the wrong way during her scenes. She shot but there's no footage.

Maybe that's what happened for all the scenes in DP. Kinberg shot stuff but none of it was of the actors. :o

Perhaps he forgot to take the lens cap off and only discovered that in post production. Now he's trying to digitally insert people in. That's why there are so many reshoots, but everyone else has some other film scheduled.

DkiZkZPUUAUiuUC.jpg

lol

Can they make the next (MCU) Psylocke look as good or better than Munnlocke?

Is there any confirmation she actually filmed scenes for this movie? I thought she was badass as Psylocke, it's just unfortunate the 1 line of dialogue she had came off wooden as hell. I'd love cameo in this, but if she is removed to make more room for the X-Men, I guess I'm fine with it. I just hate this bull**** Fox always does with the runtime being more important that a great movie. I still can't get over what they did with that awesome Rogue rescue scene in Days of Future Past, and how they robbed that movie of really being a cap to the original trilogy by taking all of that out. Storm and Iceman being badass for 1 second just didn't satisfy me as an end to the original cast who really started this comic book movie renaissance back in 2000.

Didn't Munn say this was planned to be a two-parter? I'm guessing she got cut when Part 2 did.

I hope I'm wrong and she does make another appearance though. We've seen too little of Munnlocke imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"