FAN LETTERS & COMMENTS from XMF.net

Lil_Flip246

Civilian
Reaction score
geovisit();
visit.gif
visit.gif
serv
Q: Okay so theres $190 million in the USA and $330 million worldwide... so is that good compared to the previous movies, or considering how anticipated X3 actually was? Just wondering if you knew. - Annette (Jun 11 2006)

A: X-Men made a grand total of $157.2 million domestic, and $296.2 worldwide. X2: X-Men United made a grand total of $214.9 million domestic, and $407.5 million worldwide.

It looks certain that X3 will match or exceed those numbers in both markets! The film is doing very well and is the top grossing movie of 2006 so far in the United States!

Q: Are they going to be making a fourth X-Men? I am not talking about the spinoff movies. I want to know if they are going to have another movie with the original cast? - Matt (Jun 11 2006)

A: As of now, that question has no answer. 20th Century Fox is actively focusing toward the X-Men spin-off projects. That's not to say that an X4 won't happen. There are many stories to tell, and X3 obviously left many things open for possible future films. Halle Berry (Storm) has said she would gladly return for an X4, but Hugh Jackman (Wolverine) said he feels X3 is the last film, besides his Wolverine film project.

Q: I was wondering where Emma Frost was during the movie because I didn't see her...neither did i see Pyslocke. Where they given such small roles that people couldn't see them? - Donna (Jun 11 2006)

A: Emma Frost was not in X3, but fret not Emma fans... it doesn't mean she'll never be seen on the big screen! The character might be getting her own film if 20th Century Fox and director David O Russel can get the project off the ground! The studio is looking into the idea of a seperate film for the sexy mutant telepath!

You probably saw Psylocke in X3, but didn't notice her! She was the mutant who said "They want to exterminate us!" She was standing next to Callisto and Arclight in an early scene. She also appeared in the end to help kill Angel's father in the final battle, but ultimately she was destroyed by Dark Phoenix... whoops.

COMMENT: I loved the first two X-Men movies because they stayed so true to the core of what the X-Men stand for. This movie has made me lose total faith in the X-Men movie industry. It would have been more poignant to have shown Jean struggling with her powers instead of just showing her killing people and having seconds of fleeting sanity.

Also at the end there should have been a battle between her and the X-Men. I mean, after all the core of the Phoenix storyline was that although she was this terrible chaos bringer, she could never kill the X-Men despite her powers because Jean Grey was too fundamental. At the end Phoenix chose to kill herself rather than kill the world... not say "Save me" to Wolverine and have him come out the big hero. - Vincent C (Jun 11 2006)

Q: I wanna Know when is the dvd of X men3 the last stand coming out. Is there a month thats it would come out. - Slowone356 (Jun 11 2006)

A: The DVD is said to come out in November or December 2006! I'm personally hoping for an October release, but it doesn't look likely at this point, lol. =(

Q: My question is regarding the "Wolverine" spin-off. I would like to know if any directors name has been brought up. Also, out of curiosity, what are the chance Bryan Singer might direct it? - Carlos (Jun 11 2006)

A: The Wolverine project is in active development, and should go into production next year if things go smoothly. There's currently no director attached to the project, but the producers (including Hugh Jackman) are looking.

Jackman has said that Brett Ratner would be looked at, but it's likely they'll pick a brand new director for this project. Len Wiseman (Underworld) was an rumored early name thrown around last year for the project. Don't expect Bryan Singer to return for anymore X-Men films under 20th Century Fox.

Q: I just saw the movie two times and I loved it. What could we expect to see on the dvd? Deleted scenes? Different endings? - Robert C (Jun 11 2006)

A: Brett Ratner has filmed a documentary of X3's production, that should feature lots of exclusive footage featuring the cast and crew! You can also expect interviews with the cast, and alternative versions of scenes that didn't make the final theatrical cut! No word yet on deleted scenes!

Q: Is it true that at the end of the movie either during or after the credits that Professor's mind is now in the body of the man who is in coma and has no brain function?

This was the man that the professor was talikng about in the first few mintues in the movie with his class. If you could answer this honestly that would be great. Thank you. - Jessica C (Jun 11 2006)

A: You are correct! I was confused, but I believe that since Xavier took over the man's body, he is now out of the coma. It's a really confusing scene. Isn't it unethical of Xavier to enter someone elses body, and take control??? Ur...

Q: 1) Who is the guy who throws knifes at Logan? 2) Is there going to be another X-Men movie other than the Wolverine and Mangneto spin-offs? 3) Since at the end of the movie Mangeto moves the chess piece does that mean him and Mystique are going to get there powers back maybe in a 4th movie? - Shauno (Jun 11 2006)

A: 1) The character was credited as Spike. There's a similar character in the old cartoon series X-Men: Evolution. 2) 20th Century Fox is in early development of a spin-off that will focus on the kids of the Xavier School for the Gifted. 3) Maybe...

Q: What spin-off projects are in the works besides Wolverine and Magneto? - Sandra (Jun 11 2006)

A: 20th Century Fox is in the early stages of development for a film on the youngsters of Xavier's school. If the project goes through, it'll likely be on a smaller scale than X1/2/3, and focus on how mutant kids deal with their powers while at the school. There's always a possibility of Storm (Halle Berry) showing up, since she now runs the school!

COMMENT: I hate the Phoenix is portrayed in this movie. She's Dark but her code name is that of the "Child of Light". Bret Ratner made her controlable by Magneto but not by Herself. Phoenix the good one can usually control her powers by herself. Dark Phoenix gets consumed by her power and goes crazy.

Also the way the 2nd movie ends it makes you believe she is good and is comming back to the X-Men. And also in the second movie we're given that there might just be some sort of peace between humans and mutants and no CURE or WAR!

This totally negates what Proffesor X and the Team told the president. So when and after you see the movie watch the second one and you'll understand. Also, I am a Jean Grey/ Phoenix freak so I know ny Jean Grey history. Peace! - Kemper (Jun 11 2006)

Q: We know that Vinnie Jones and Ellen Page have multiple picture deals, but I was wondering about the other main players (i.e. Patrick Stewart, Halle Berry, Hugh Jackman, etc.).
Do you know or can you find out if anyone else has been signed on for more than one film with their new contracts. If you can find out that would be great. Thanks very much. - Steven C (Mar 25 2006)
A: The main players from X1/ X2 are not signed for any future X-Men films, with Hugh Jackman being the exception. Jackman will go on to star in the spin-off film WOLVERINE!
Besides Vinnie Jones and Ellen Page, Kelsey Grammer (Beast), Dania Ramirez (Callisto), and Ben Foster (Angel) have options to appear in possible future films, based soley on if their characters are needed.
This doesn't mean that they will definitely appear in future films/ spin-off's. Alan Cumming (Nightcrawler), Ray Park (Toad), Tyler Mane (Sabretooth), and Kelly Hu (Deathstrike) were all contracted and optioned for future films, and ended up not making the cut.
Q: Does Magneto know that Dark Phoenix is stronger than him and nobody can defeat Dark Phoenix? - Antwon (Mar 25 2006)
A: Does Magneto know how powerful Phoenix is? Oh, yes! Remember what Callisto said in the latest trailer? "More powerful that you." that was a reference to Jean.
When you watch X3, you will find out the ties that Magneto has Jean's early childhood, and why Jean decides to side with him, and not Xavier. Professor X better watch out!
Q: Is Multiple Man a main character or a cameo? Also who is the actor that plays him? - Antonio P (Mar 25 2006)
A: While his role is said to be small, MM's role is bigger than that of a cameo, according to sources. He's expected to have a couple of shining moments in the film!
The character will be seen in a eye-boggling battle with Wolverine in the forest, and is rumored to appear in the final battle as well. He will side with Magneto for most of the film. The role of Multiple Man is played by Eric Dane (TV's Charmed).

Q: Your site is cool! How do you get so much info, and have you met any cast memebers of X-Men 3, or do you know them already? - Amon E (Mar 25 2006)

A: Thanks! How do we get info? From multiple sources! Some are connected with 20th Century Fox, and some are just really good finding info through contacts, etc! The only member from the X-films that I have personally met, is Halle Berry! I got to hang out with her for a minute (lol) at Comic Con International in San Diego.
She hugged me, and I even gave a kiss on the cheek! I'm an avid Halle fan, and a member of her official fan club. She really keeps in contact with her fans. That's a rarity in Hollywood!
Also, as many now know, X3 director Brett Ratner is a fan of XMF (yay!). While I haven't met him in person, I have chatted with him through e-mail. He's another great rarity in Hollywood. You can expect an exclusive interview with Ratner in the future right here on XMF!
Q: Ok, im confused on this whole Jean/ Phoenix thing. Will Jean be completley gone and Phoenix is just inhabiting her body?
Or will Jean be fading in and out and her and Phoenix are struggling over control of the body? Please explain it to me. - Antonio P (Mar 12 2006)
A: This will be a lot different from the comic book version of Phoenix. While the comic character is an alien entity which takes over Jean Grey's body, in the film it will be explained soley as an evolution of the character's powers. Jean will be seen being good one moment, and extremely bad in the other moment.
This is not the Jean Grey we once knew. She's very confused after her 'death' in X2, and is not all completly there in the head. She finds out the facts on why her powers are going through this amazing growth, and that just adds to the problem, as you'll see in the film. Her powers are so massive, she will have little control over herself, and her emotions. People will get hurt!

Q: Your site is awesome. It is much better than the official site. I have a question. Why are there so many pictures of Colossus without being covered in steel, and only a few with the steel skin? It has been bugging me for a while now. - Andrew (Mar 12 2006)

A: Wow, thanks! Alright, to answer your question on Colossus... first off, Colossus is not always covered in steel. In X3, he only 'steels up' when he needs to in battle. Colossus uses his powers in the Danger Room scene, the battle at the Golden Gate bridge, and many more scenes.

A reason for not many pictures/ images of Colossus, is because his work is still being done in post production. Actor, Daniel Cudmore does where 'steel- looking prosthetics' in the film, but they're being touched up in post, and 20th Century Fox doesn't want you to see anything, unless it's finalized, and perfect!

Q: Since this is the last movie and its going to be lots of powerful powers being used, I wanted to know if Phoenix and Storm are Omega-Level mutants? - Javon (Mar 12 2006)

A: For those who don't know, Omega- level mutants are the highest ranking mutants, in terms of powers in the comic- universe. Jean/ Phoenix has been confirmed as being an Omega-Level mutant. Storm has not been officially confirmed as being one... but that doesn't mean she isn't one. Many believe she is!

Q: I need to know when X3 book is coming out? I love reading the book before the movie just to see what they put and and left out. - Christina (Mar 12 2006)

A: X-Men: The Last Stand novel will be released on May 16th! The book will be written by comic- fav, Chris Claremont! It'll feature around 352 pages, and be released through Del Rey Books!

Q: My sincere compliments to you and the great work you do on this website!

To be honest, I've never been an X-Men fan, until I saw the first Xfilm by Brian Singer... I was awed by it and the magic started.

I can't wait to see the movie this May and I'm very sad to read on your website that this X3 is going to be the final version....

I sooooooooo wanted to once be an X-woman in an X men film somewhere in the future, when I'm all grown up...! :-) I think we all want that... - Erica (Mar 12 2006)

A: You'll still have your chance, Erica! While X3 is the last film for this specific phase of the franchise, there are still spin-off films that will be coming our way in the future!

Q: In the trailer, it looks like there is a new president and he looks very familiar but i cannot find who the actor is who is playing him. Do you know who it is and what else he has been in? - FaithInJesus10 (Mar 12 2006)

A: Josef Sommer is playing the United States president, in X3! His previous work includes: The Elephant King, TV's Without A Trace, and Brett Ratner's The Family Man.

Q: Upon seeing the new poster pictures of X-3, I was quite puzzled by Jean Grey's costume. She seems to be dressed an awful lot like Magneto's daughter Wanda (the Scarlet Witch).

Is it a coincidence or is it possible Magneto is "adopting" Jean as his daughter- who has not been mentioned in any previous X-Films. Any info on this??? - Silverfish (Mar 12 2006)

A: I do see the similarities, too! It could be a homage to Scarlet Witch. Something also interesting to point out, is that Jean's wardrobe in X3 pays homage to her comic roots: her Hellfire Club outfit, and the dark red is inspired by the famous Dark Phoenix costume!

Q: Hey X.M.F. I have a question 4 u. What will pyro's role be exactly in X3? I know you can't give me every last detail but considering he's my favorite character in the X-Men films I could use all the info you can spare. - crazystar662 (Mar 12 2006)

A: Here's what Pyro actor, Aaron Stanford had to say recently about this:

"He's become Magneto's right hand man in this movie and in X2 he's very ambivalent. He's not sure where his allegiance lies. He's friends with Professor X but he also has this urge to spread his wings and find his power with the brotherhood.

In X3 he's definitely off the fence. He's decided where he wants to go. He's with the brotherhood and he really is allowed to fully explore his power in this. He's off the leash."

Q: Hey XMF! There have been so many images hitting the net from X3 recently, and I haven't seen you linking to them on the site? Why is that? - Derrick (Feb 9 2006)

A: The recent leaked images from X3 have not been authorized from 20th Century Fox for release. The images have been leaked online through numerous sites.

Fox had informed us that the images were not supposed to be released, and have asked us to not post the images, as they're not approved by the studio.

XMF has had a long good standing relationship with the studio, so we will not post any of those specific images, that are coming from one specific person. The studio plans to release images officially either this or early next month, and you can always expect to see the latest authorized images here at XMF!

Q: Hello XMenFilms, I was wondering if the character Angel was going to morph into his evolution stage as Archangel. With the blue skin, metal wings and missle daggers. Thanks! - Judointellect (Feb 9 2006)

A: Ben Foster's Angel has been referred to as Archangel a couple times in reports and interviews. In X-Men: The Last Stand, Angel will not be turning into Archangel.

For those not in the know, that is the 'darker' version of the Angel character who had blue skin, metal wings, and a bad attitude. It's only feathers for this flick, and a 'mostly' good attitude! In the end, Angel will end up where he belongs!

Q: If they say the filming is done y not show it now? - Mully1901 (Feb 9 2006)

A: There's a long process of things to be done before a film is actually finished. While the production team has wrapped principal photography, there are still re-shoots, and pick-up shots to be done in March! The film also has to go through post production...the process of being edited, and having the special effect work put in.

With over 1000 shots to be completed, it's going to take some time! The film score has also not been recorded, or added in yet. Everything will have to be pulled together in order to meet their May 26th release date.

Q: Is Famke Janssen's characters Dark Phoenix the big story for the movie? And who designed the phoenix costume for Famke? - Anomynous (Feb 9 2006)

A: Jean Grey's role in X3 is major, and will cause chaos...literally! Costume designers Judianna Makovsky, and Lisa Tomczeszy had a hand in designing Jean's new threads in X3! The character will feature a few different outfits, including her original leather costume at a point in the film.

Q: How big will Psylocke's and Callisto's rolls be in X3, because im so happy Psylocke's in it as she is my favourite x-man, i hope she'll use her psi sword! - Jonatkin1 (Feb 9 2006)

A: Psylocke's role is rumored to be small, but should be pleasing to the fans. Callisto is said to have a very good dose of screentime in X3. Like that of Mystique in previous films.

Q: How will Beast and Angel be part of the team? Will they be recrutied, or what? I know Beast will have a pretty big role, and will we see him use those great acrobatic skills of his? - TJ (Feb 9 2006)

A: Though it wasn't mentioned in X1 or X2, Beast was one of Xavier's first students! When we meet him in the film, it'll be established that the character was an early member of the X-Men, but left the team to be the voice of mutants in the government, and in politics.

You'll get to see the character don an early X-Men uniform, complete with blacks and yellows (a nod to the comic costumes). Angel will join up with the X-Men later in the film, as well.

Q: What exactly will Cyclops be doing? I only saw him once in the teaser trailer. Will he play a important part, or will his part be more laid back? Also will he and Jean cross paths? - TJ (Feb 9 2006)

A: Cyclops and Jean will definitely cross paths in some emotional scenes. While small, Cyclops role will have importance to the events in the film.

Q: I heard on the internet today that the main focuse of X3 will be about Storm, I'm guessing this is likly to be a rumor but I would want to know for sure. Also, I want to know if Emma Frost, Blob or the senitals are in this film. - Guyanese_BadBai15 (Feb 9 2006)

A: Storm will have a substantially larger role than the previous films, and will have lots to do, both emotionally and physically. But is she the main focus of X3? No!

There's a trio of issues at hand in X3, and the government, Phoenix and Magneto are in the center of them. Storm's character will be involved in many aspects though, so expect her to truly shine this time out.

Source: http://www.xmenfilms.net/fanletters.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"